Divorce, who gets the house?

I'm sure I read on another thread that if a house is purchased AFTER marriage in the case of a marital split/divorce the Thai lady cannot force the (farang) man out of the house and he is entitled to 50% of the house even if it is in her name?

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Sold the house in 7 days, cash to me and wife at the land office. I insisted. Btw, sold it for the same price we paid 5 years earlier. So it wasn't a fire sale, I guess I was lucky. Then I signed the divorce papers. This of course was after a year of fighting and her and her lawyer finally saw the light and backed off.

Edited by inzman

Sold the house in 7 days, cash to me and wife at the land office. I insisted. Btw, sold it for the same price we paid 5 years earlier. So it wasn't a fire sale, I guess I was lucky. Then I signed the divorce papers. This of course was after a year of fighting and her and her lawyer finally saw the light and backed off.

Seven days. It took me three years. Good for you.

Is it true that whatever you owned before marriage is yours and cannot be included in any divorce settlement? The reason for the question is that although I am happily married now, you just never know what's around the corner and in my case I bought another condo in my name literally days before I got married?

Having survived two divorces many years ago, I've recently learned that most women today with the help of the Internet are better dealers and are trained how to get into their husband's stack. They are probably home schooled by mom.

Love is a temporary illusion!! Picture the young beauty in years to come with greying hair, loose teeth, fat, sun spots, always angry, endless medical and dental bills, shopping with credit card charges while they tell their female friends you are an idiot.

A message to our male youth. Rent everything, go with the flow, never ask questions, have a slow, tender hand, never tell them the size of your stack or discuss income, hold them, listen, don't argue, buy flowers and surprise them, don't always be available, and have female backup, aka, fall back! You will never be alone and most will hang with you for many years if you play the game right.

You will discover when you retire you will actually have accumulated a good stack from the above suggestions and can afford to rent the entire female herd! Some 45 years younger, beautiful, most with no ongoing expenses! Walk, don't run and do them all! But leave a few for this aging, alpha male.cheesy.gif

So you think I’m cynical…..you are right and wrong. I’m right, but for most, they don’t want to believe it and are in denial until their principal is gone forever.

Don’t even ask me about children……all I will say is they will not listen and they are another money pit until they are married after the third time. Especially females.bah.gif

Edited by Kabula

Having survived two divorces many years ago, I've recently learned that most women today with the help of the Internet are better dealers and are trained how to get into their husband's stack. They are probably home schooled by mom.

Love is a temporary illusion!! Picture the young beauty in years to come with greying hair, loose teeth, fat, sun spots, always angry, endless medical and dental bills, shopping with credit card charges while they tell their female friends you are an idiot.

A message to our male youth. Rent everything, go with the flow, never ask questions, have a slow, tender hand, never tell them the size of your stack or discuss income, hold them, listen, don't argue, buy flowers and surprise them, don't always be available, and have female backup, aka, fall back! You will never be alone and most will hang with you for many years if you play the game right.

You will discover when you retire you will actually have accumulated a good stack from the above suggestions and can afford to rent the entire female herd! Some 45 years younger, beautiful, most with no ongoing expenses! Walk, don't run and do them all! But leave a few for this aging, alpha male.cheesy.gif

So you think Im cynical..you are right and wrong. Im right, but for most, they dont want to believe it and are in denial until their principal is gone forever.

Dont even ask me about childrenall I will say is they will not listen and they are another money pit until they are married after the third time. Especially females.bah.gif

Yes,yes, very true good to read the truth about some woman here .

Yes, I 'd say you were lucky. I know of not one but two farangs who simply lost their butts. One purchased a house in the boondocks from whence his lady came. The other bought a house in a small town in his love's province.

Neither could find a farang buyer who would pay a decent price; and the local Thais would not offer anything near the worth of the house. I still know the wife of one of them; she brags she simply arranged a low price sale so he got next to nothing and she kept the house.

So you think I’m cynical…..you are right and wrong. I’m right, but for most, they don’t want to believe it and are in denial until their principal is gone forever.

Don’t even ask me about children……all I will say is they will not listen and they are another money pit until they are married after the third time. Especially females.bah.gif

Have to give you credit for some good thinking. I have often touted the Cold Beer Theory--treat a woman as you would treat a cold beer; buy one, consume it, buy another and don't fall for one of them, a new one will taste just as good, maybe better.

I too have had two divorces, but neither took my money. In the first, neither of us had anything, so there was nothing to take. In the second, she had more than I, but we shared everything equally. So, I managed to avoid the pit falls to which so many men become victims.

However, I am a dedicated romantic; I really like women and I enjoy a woman who is with me because she wants to be--or, as you cynics will say, manages to make me believe it.

My third marriage has now lasted many years, my wife is still much younger than I--funny how it works that way--she shows me, or makes me believe, she cares about me; and she has always contributed to our marriage.

Consequently, if we were to separate, I would not mind giving her half. Now that I am older, it is good to have someone who understands me, cares about me and wants to ensure I have everything I need.

Have to give you credit for some good thinking. I have often touted the Cold Beer Theory--treat a woman as you would treat a cold beer; buy one, consume it, buy another and don't fall for one of them, a new one will taste just as good, maybe better.

I too have had two divorces, but neither took my money. In the first, neither of us had anything, so there was nothing to take. In the second, she had more than I, but we shared everything equally. So, I managed to avoid the pit falls to which so many men become victims.

However, I am a dedicated romantic; I really like women and I enjoy a woman who is with me because she wants to be--or, as you cynics will say, manages to make me believe it.

My third marriage has now lasted many years, my wife is still much younger than I--funny how it works that way--she shows me, or makes me believe, she cares about me; and she has always contributed to our marriage.

Consequently, if we were to separate, I would not mind giving her half. Now that I am older, it is good to have someone who understands me, cares about me and wants to ensure I have everything I need.

A great story smotherb.

Whilst there is merit in the Rent everything theory,

HIV is not rented.....

You can't rent trust.

You can't totally relax.

Only one divorce for me and now happily married to a Thai 20 years younger than me.

I never had so much fun in my life (74 now).

We care for each other and if it went tits up I would proudly walk away and leave her well off.

I've always known what I was getting into. LOL

Mostly thanks to reading Thailand Fever and Private Dancer.

A great story smotherb.

HIV is not rented.....

You can't rent trust.

You can't totally relax.

Only one divorce for me and now happily married to a Thai 20 years younger than me.

We care for each other and if it went tits up I would proudly walk away and leave her well off.

Well, I am 71, my wife is 20 years younger and I have spent almost 50 years in Asia. So my mentors have been my experiences and personal knowledge. Thailand Fever and Private Dancer are anecdotal, biased, and aimed at a particular type of girl; I prefer to seek wives elsewhere. Bar girls, I believe, are best rented--as in the Cold Beer Theory.

A great story smotherb.

HIV is not rented.....

You can't rent trust.

You can't totally relax.

Well, I am 71, my wife is 20 years younger and I have spent almost 50 years in Asia. So my mentors have been my experiences and personal knowledge. Thailand Fever and Private Dancer are anecdotal, biased, and aimed at a particular type of girl; I prefer to seek wives elsewhere. Bar girls, I believe, are best rented--as in the Cold Beer Theory.

Private dancer is pure fiction but...

Remember a short few years ago when a farang was shot on his m/c, just outside his house?

Thailand Fever tells it like it is I think and a good source of cultural insights.

Well it was for me and as I never entered the bar scene, Private Dancer was just a good read.

So you think Im cynical..you are right and wrong. Im right, but for most, they dont want to believe it and are in denial until their principal is gone forever.

Dont even ask me about childrenall I will say is they will not listen and they are another money pit until they are married after the third time. Especially females.bah.gif

A great story smotherb.

HIV is not rented.....

You can't rent trust.

You can't totally relax.

Just because you are married doesn't prevent you from a virus like HIV. I've live in many sex destinations over the last 20 years and never knew of or heard of anyone that I knew catching HIV. I lived in San Jose, Costa Rica for 11 years and my medical doctor who had a practice two miles from the center of town never had an HIV patient in 15 years. It 's difficult for a male to catch HIV if you avoid Needles and homosexual activity. Better to be concerned about vehicle accidents, heart attacks and strokes. kabula... Edited by Kabula

Whenever i hear people describing themselves as an 'alpha male' I always get this picture of a short bald man with a big mouth and no friends who constantly tells everyone how good they are and in the process bores them to death and they walk away leaving the 'alpha male' bewildered as to how such a powerful individual such as themselves can be a total loser socially.

This needs to be a sticky.

Depends on each case I would say and how the house is valued, I take it you would have to buy the 50% of the house off her to be able to stay.

So what she puts a high value on it ??

You cannot buy her half as you are not allowed to own land, you have to sell.

Depends on each case I would say and how the house is valued, I take it you would have to buy the 50% of the house off her to be able to stay.

The house you can own its the land you cannot own

You could put the land in a Thai name and register the house in you name at the land office nobody will buy the land with a house on it that they not own

Edited by offset

The house you can own its the land you cannot own

You could put the land in a Thai name and register the house in you name at the land office nobody will buy the land with a house on it that they not own

Not worth owning the house if the land owner will not give a 30 year lease.

If the farangie guy in question did not want to lose out from the outset he should of made arrangements at the time of commitment.

The outcome of the situation may or may not be good only time would tell.

This needs to be a sticky.

Why? it's just the same old misogynistic paranoid drivel that's been on here 1.000 times already.