Chinese Vs Thai Culture

booma

IMO Thai girls tend to display the general cultural traits of Thailand, whereas Chinese girls IMHO seem to be more "chinesey" in their cultural makeup.

On a similar topic, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long a peice of string is? (just roughly is fine)

Thanks

:o

Edited by ashacat

haha

i was just wondering this too... having met a half thai half chinese guy who insists he doesn't like thais. i figure the chinese have a superority complex over the thais? they do seem very business minded though, as opposed to a lot of thais who are more relaxed.

Yes, there are a few "cultural differences". Indeed!

About 80% of all business ventures are (directly, or indirectly) are owned/controlled by chinese or descendents of chinese immigrants in Thailand. Ergo: Very business minded, and successful at what they do! (This is a worldwide phenomenon as far as chinese are concerned.)

No, there is no such thing as a "may pen rai" live philosophie among the chinese.

Conclusion (and returning to the OP's questioning): While it is sufficient to establish a longer term relationship with a Thai-Lady based on the fact that a male is a "Farang", this will hardly be possible with a chinese lady. A prospective family member will be scrutinized and checked-out thouroughly beforehand (by her and the familiy itself). A true "background-check" will be conducted!

In other words: The "Farang" has to be "somebody"!

The ability of the "Farang" to buy an Airplane-Ticket to Thailand and stay in a cheap hotel for a limited period of time, would not qualify him as a welcome member of the chinese family.

Cheers.

can anyone tell me what differances there are between thai girls and chinese girls culture wise?

:o You couldn't have asked a more complex question.

Do you mean Thai girls and Thai/Chinese girls, or Thai and China girls ?

LaoPo

I was married to a Thai woman born of 100% Chinese parents who emigrated from China after 1949. Born and raised here, she didn't think a whole lot of Thais, sad to say. Very different outlook from other Thai woman I have known, including present wife.

Say Swissie, you wouldn't have any kind of chip on your shoulder now would you?

In Thailand most girls (and guys for that matter) can trace their family history back to Chinese immigrants (from where most Thai's originate from in any case - all beit in alot of cases it go's back thousands of years).

But if you ask the first 1st and 2nd generation Chinese and Thai/Chinese girls that live here if they consider themselves Chinese or Thai they will invaribly reply Thai, even if they are quick to add a note about their Chinese heritage.

Buy and large they tend to be a little more conservative then those who lost their Chinese heritage years back, as do those Thai/Chinese familys. They also tend to do a little better academically - and its a fact that the ethnic Chinese minorty in Thailand are the most successful economically.

But other than that - nope, I wouldn't know one from the other talking to them - girls are girls: a product of their enviroment.

Tim

Chinese girls can usually make a decent cuppa tea...

The ones I've known - Thai/Chinese - couldn't even make an ommelette.

Thinking about times that I spent in Honkers and Keelung,Taiwan..then called Formosa.

The old General-ismo S.K.C was still knocking about then.

Throwback from the days of the M-pire..wot :D:o ...spot of tiffin me thinks...ra...therrrrr. :D