Validity of tax number

I have previously worked in Thailand and obviously paid tax. Just rediscovered my old tax-ID (10 digits number) on some old tax statement from 2011. That was with a different visa/extension, a work permit I no longer have and before I got a yellow tabien baan with that 13 digits ID.

As I'd like to claim back the 15% interest paid on my fixed deposit, my question is, if this tax ID is still valid or if I'd have to apply for a new one given the changed circumstances.

Edited by MadMac

Thanks, that helps already. So I have to visit the Revenue Department.

Additional, related thing, I also found my old social security card. Unfortunately I missed the 6 months timeline to continue that on my own as I was out of the country. Looking at the card it appears they issued also a 13 digits ID that time, starting with a 6, which is different from the one in the yellow book. So if that's a Thai ID then I'm perhaps 2 times in the system, which means the tax ID will probably also not fit and a new one needs to be issued.

Major headache ahead. You only live twice blink.png

post-160041-0-09798900-1457849706_thumb.

If you had a yellow book to show they would of used that number when you got the SS card. That is only a number they made up for social security.

You do not have two numbers registered now since the only registry of ID numbers is the one done by Interior Ministry that issued the ID number on the yellow book.