Non-religious cremation facilities in Khon Kaen area

Speedo1968

Cremations are pretty much only at Wats. It is certainly possible to waive the rituals that normally accompany them and request only a cremation.

But to have another sort of ceremony, probably not possible at a Wat, would have to be arranged elsewhere by your survivors.

Thanks for the reply Sheryl. I follow no faith, hence the desire for a non-religious cremation and, my children are aware and accept this. They already have written / signed details of my requests along with all other documents. I have also made a Living Will which all concerned parties, including hospitals have. I am wondering if perhaps any of the hospitals have cremation facilities ?

No, the hospitals do not cremate.

But as mentioned, the Wats can do cremation only with no ceremony. And it's cheap.

You also have to consider the need to get a death certificate or equivalent issued by your Embassy and the fact that Thai law requires that a foreigner's body not be released until the relevant Embassy authorizes it; Embassies in turn will do so only after they have located and notified next of kin and gotten permission from them. Registering with your Embassy will save time in this regard.

There is a company in Thailand which arranges all the paperwork and the cremation/burial (with or without ceremony, with or without return of ashes etc) and my experience with them has been very favorable.

http://www.funeralrepatriation.com/contact

(Don't be put off by the "repatriation" part, they can arrange for cremation in Thailand too.)

Depends on the Wat. Small ones in rural areas cost a lot less than those in cities.

Last time I inquired -- which is many years ago -- the Wat near me was only 5,000 baht but given inflation likely more like 8-10K now. That is only the cremation, does not include the transport of the body to the Wat, which normally families are responsible for arranging.

The company I mentioned (Allison Monkhouse) about 3-4 years ago was 25K for cremation in Bangkok inclusive of arranging transport from the police hospital to the Wat and handling all the paperwork with the Embassy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived