Thai man admits jealousy caused him to murder girlfriend in Saraburi

webfact

Thai man admits jealousy caused him to murder girlfriend in Saraburi
Thaivisa Reporters

sab.jpg

SARABURI:-- A man has admitted that jealousy caused him to murder his girlfriend of six years and dump her body next to a Saraburi roadside.

On Saturday, police were alerted after a truck driver found the badly decomposing body of Orawan Bunklom, 28.

Police suspected the victim, who was an employee of Airports of Thailand, had been dead for several days.

On Sunday, police announced they had arrested the woman’s long term boyfriend, Mr Thanatpong Kulraksa.

Police say Thanatpong confessed to the murder after becoming jealous when he discovered that Orawan was seeing another man, this was despite Thanatpong also confessing to police that he was cheating on Orawan.

Orawan’s mother later told police how Thanatpong had lied over his involvement in the murder, even accompanying her to the police station to make a report about her missing daughter.

Thanatpong also admitted to logging into Orawan’s Facebook account in a bid to try and fool her friends that she was still alive.

Source: Khaosod.co.th

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-14

Wonder what sort of interrogation techniques they use. Confessions seem to come very quickly.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Automatic sentence reduction is a pretty nice carrot to dangle I'd have thought, so he'll likely be out again in less than a decade. Pathetic justice really. RIP to the lady and condolences for her family

In a country of Jai Yen where getting angry is taboo it is natural that people learn no strategies for anger management. See examples of people erupting in uncontrollable anger frequently.

Typical. It was OK for him to cheat, but could not accept her doing the same.

This behaviour (cheating), is not just limited to the Thais over here.

After 14 visits to Thailand covering a span of 12 years, I have come to realize how the Thais can and will rationalize anything if it benefits them. Now we all will try to weasel out of things now and then. But I have never seen it so much as I have in Thailand. I wonder how much the confessing really helps the accused? Do they even ever go to trial? Is there any sort of proper trial?

Same old song,same old story,same old defense line,repeated on almost a daily basis here.Jealousy,losing face,knowing that admitting to the crime and saying 'I solly" will bring a less harsher sentence.What a waste of life of a young woman.It will never stop and will go on,all the time women are looked upon as chattels.

RIP the girl.

Rot in hell the bastard that killed her.

After 14 visits to Thailand covering a span of 12 years, I have come to realize how the Thais can and will rationalize anything if it benefits them. Now we all will try to weasel out of things now and then. But I have never seen it so much as I have in Thailand. I wonder how much the confessing really helps the accused? Do they even ever go to trial? Is there any sort of proper trial?

In my limited experience, the courts and judges here will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid an actual trial. I don't know if that is work avoidance or something else, like being in a situation where the outcome is not automatically clear from the outset and real decisions with real consequences might have to be made.

In my limited experience, the courts and judges here will go to extraordinary lengths to avoid an actual trial. I don't know if that is work avoidance or something else, like being in a situation where the outcome is not automatically clear from the outset and real decisions with real consequences might have to be made.
I wonder if it's to avoid what would be thousands of lengthy trials and the Reporting of the progress and outcomes that would follow each case for years.

It could damage the image of Thailand being perfect. Better to sweep it away with any type of deal resolution and move on to the next murderer or homicide by automobile case and keep the docket clear.

Archived