applied for lost passport today but will take 4-6 weeks how will i extend my tourist visa?

Without a passport you cannot obtain an extension.

Have you reported the loss to the police and your Embassy ?

It is more usual for an Emergency Travel Document(passport) to be issued by the Embassy in cases such as yours.

ETD's can be issued within hours or at the most a couple of days.

Inquire at your Embassy

If applying for a replacement UK passport, you may be lucky and get it back before April 7. I would suggest, as a backup, getting an emergency travel document from your embassy around April 5 and doing a border hop. Check with your embassy on the requirements and how quickly they can issue (same day for many embassies if you have the correct paperwork). You will also need the lost passport police report at the border (whether with a new regular passport or an ETD).

if i was to find my passport could i take this or would it be cancelled already? i had appointment today applying for a new one, i still have not reported it to police incase it turns up

I very much doubt you will be allowed to apply for a new passport or ETD without a police report about the lost/stolen passport.

You act now ----------

like i said ive applied for new passport already!!!! they asked for a police report and i said no, wasnt a problem. new question is if i find the old one can i take that to immigration and get 30 day extension stamp in that one

Just as a matter of interest where did you apply for the new passport? Most Embassy's insist on a police report.

If you find the old passport you can apply for an extension with it but it is now likely to be invalid for travel because your Embassy will likely have invalidated the passport due to it being lost/stolen.

LOL !

Did you really !

There is no British Consulate located within the Trendy Building.

All Consular services are provided by the consular section of the British Embassy which is located in Wireless Road.

Lets us hope you receive the passport soon or you will need assistance from the useless Embassy and the real consulate.

Best wishes

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Edited by sunnyjim5

LOL !

Did you really !

There is no British Consulate located within the Trendy Building.

All Consular services are provided by the consular section of the British Embassy which is located in Wireless Road.

Lets us hope you receive the passport soon or you will need assistance from the useless Embassy and the real consulate.

Best wishes

ROFL

the british consulate 28th floor trendy building suk 13. The british embassy are useless they said they couldnt provide a letter or anything explaining my situation,

First, the center in Trendy Building that accepts your passport application is not a consulate. It is a 3rd party used to collect your application and pass it on to the UK for processing.

Second, start praying. I think there is a better than 50-50 chance that the HM Passport Office is going to reject your application until you provide a police report. They will probably contact you directly using the phone number you provided on the application form (which better work). Once you have the police report, they will probably allow you to scan and email it to them, but they may insist on you sending it by courier. This will delay your application. It is a pity because applications with correct paperwork have recently been going through in about 2 weeks.

The old passport (if found) can be used for an extension. However, you gain nothing by failing to get a police report once you report it as stolen to the UK authorities. You cannot (at least without serious risk) use the passport to travel.

the british consulate 28th floor trendy building suk 13. The british embassy are useless they said they couldnt provide a letter or anything explaining my situation,

That was not a consulate. It was at the VFS visa center that act as an agent of HMPO. I assume you completed a form LS01 along with the application form.

You need get a police report or you will not be able do anything at immigration without it.

First, the center in Trendy Building that accepts your passport application is not a consulate. It is a 3rd party used to collect your application and pass it on to the UK for processing.

Second, start praying. I think there is a better than 50-50 chance that the HM Passport Office is going to reject your application until you provide a police report. They will probably contact you directly using the phone number you provided on the application form (which better work). Once you have the police report, they will probably allow you to scan and email it to them, but they may insist on you sending it by courier. This will delay your application. It is a pity because applications with correct paperwork have recently been going through in about 2 weeks.

The old passport (if found) can be used for an extension. However, you gain nothing by failing to get a police report once you report it as stolen to the UK authorities. You cannot (at least without serious risk) use the passport to travel.

I am surprised that the UK Visa Application Centre at The Trendy Office Building accepted the application because the documentation they usually require could not possibly have been supplied.

The lack of documentation and the missing police report will certainly raise 'red flags' at HMPO which will lead to delay.

Form LSO1 requires detail of the police report made ! (Sect 04)

http://www.gov.tc/passports/forms/Lost_and_Stolen_Form_LS01.pdf

edit

added link

Edited by sunnyjim5

I am surprised that the UK Visa Application Centre at The Trendy Office Building accepted the application because the documentation they usually require could not possibly have been supplied.

The lack of documentation and the missing police report will certainly raise 'red flags' at HMPO which will lead to delay.

Form LSO1 requires detail of the police report made ! (Sect 04)

I am a bit surprised too. When the passport is lost in some countries, HMPO will sometimes waive reporting of the lost passport to local authorities. Given the reputation of Thailand as a center for stolen passport misuse, I would expect them to be strict in this case. But, I am not sure. If the lost passport was a biometric passport, they might be less worried. It will be interesting to see.

BritTim

Yes interesting.

The folks at 'Trendy' are not HMPO officials and they have no authority to 'waive' anything. Their responsibilities only extend to checking an application is complete using a check list but I am unsure if they can refuse or reject an incomplete application.

As you suggest time will tell ........................

edit

format/layout error ?

Edited by sunnyjim5