Meeting Tg Who Are Not Bg

soi crazy

Is there a good way for someone based stateside but who travels to the LOS a few times a year to meet TG's who do not work in the bar scene? Are there English based websites for penpals or meeting Thais? I would like to get a sense of what life is like for normal Thai's but one a one or two week vacation it seems rather difficult to meet people when traveling alone.

Any ideas?

Soi Crazy,

Understand your query, I'm often wondering myself where to meet the normal farang guys! I guess it's gotta be kismet... But I don't think you should worry if you are looking just for conversation since you can strike one with anyone without worry, this is the LOS. Good luck.

Are there English based websites for penpals or meeting Thais? I would like to get a sense of what life is like for normal Thai's but one a one or two week vacation it seems rather difficult to meet people when traveling alone.

Try... www.match.com, www.face-pic.com, www.faceparty.com, www.kiss.com...

Cheers!

Well, I guess above links can be of help.

Otherwise, to meet TG's who do not work in the bar scene should be the same as to meet any girl around the world. Coinsident, destiny, introduction, friend of a friend, well, just any way. Good luck.

Coinsident, destiny, introduction, friend of a friend, well, just any way.

And luck, luck, luck.

Staying only one or two weeks at a time, I guess that's what you will need most.

Didn't we say somewhere that most of TG were shy?

Time will be a very limiting factor in your case.

So, good luck :o

I would like to get a sense of what life is like for normal Thai's but one a one or two week vacation it seems rather difficult to meet people when traveling alone.

Any ideas?

"Meeting Tg Who Are Not Bg,"

Bgs are normal Thais as well! That is of course you behave normal as well.

For a short time here, I would suggest a long time with almost any BG, they are normal Thai girls and most do speak some english,and you could pobly have a very good time with one,it might cost you a few baht,but they can show you around,maybe take you to meet mom and pop and pet the buffalo.

Introduce you to the normal Thai life,and most are not in the business just for the sex,but to make a few bucks to send home. In fact I got a "cousin" here that speaks english english that you could be very happy with.Right now she busy sticking sharp sticks thru tobacco leaves and getting them ready to cure tho. :o

"Meeting Tg Who Are Not Bg,"

Bgs are normal Thais as well! That is of course you behave normal as well.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that they were not normal. I simply used a poor way to express the difference. Any disrespect to anyone on or off this message board was not intentional.

It seems that I may have shot off my original post without giving enough thought to how it would/could be read so let me explain.

I have nothing but respect for the bar girls in Thailand. I have found many of them to be amazing human beings. And, I'm not talking about in a sexual nature. I have spent many wonderful evenings just sitting in a bar and talking. Learning about where they come from, what their plans for the future are, etc.

However, as is frequently pointed out to me by my Thai friends here in the US, Thai BGs don't represent the entirety of the Thai culture and that I am missing out by not expanding the realm of people I come into contact with when I visit.

I'm not a shy person but it seems difficult to meet Thais who are not trying to sell you something or working in the bar scene. Granted, part of that is my own fault because I tend to gravitate towards the more touristy areas due to a feeling of familiarity. In other countries (or even other US cities) this is much less of a problem for me. In Europe I have friends in many of the major cities because I have first met them either via a work relationship or were introduced by someone who I knew via a work relationship. Since I tend to travel alone and have no business contacts in Thailand I feel somewhat like a fish out of water and because my time there tends to be too short (1 or 2 weeks at a time) it seems that much more challenging.

So my goal here isn't necessarily to meet the woman of my dreams, settle down, and have 4.5 children. My goal is more centered around meeting one or two people who next time I'm in BKK wouldn't mind introducing me to some good restaurants or to some nightclub/disco far away from the normal farang scene. I would also prefer to meet someone who is educated and who might enjoy allowing me to practice my Thai while they practice their English via emails or in person when I'm visiting. In short, I'm looking to meet someone who would be a friend first and anything more than that later.

Is there a good way for someone based stateside but who travels to the LOS a few times a year to meet TG's who do not work in the bar scene? Are there English based websites for penpals or meeting Thais? I would like to get a sense of what life is like for normal Thai's but one a one or two week vacation it seems rather difficult to meet people when traveling alone.

Any ideas?

I have 3 sister inlaws in Prachinburi who are available. Country girls who are a bit shy around farangs .

Please post a resume.

I will foreward info to them

I would recommend staying at a good hotel, where you will meet and be able to talk to the female staff, who invariably have good English and a good education..especially in the hotel restaurants. I would also recommend eating at various restaurants outside the hotel (try Prik Kee Noo in Thanon Convent, and similar places nearby). If your motives are honourable, and they seem to be, you will meet and enjoy the friendliness of lots of pleasant and attractive phuying Thai. Good luck.

In short, I'm looking to meet someone who would be a friend first and anything more than that later.

Check out the links I gave you earlier... All four of them are used quite heavily by Thais.

Alternatively, try ICQ and Yahoo Messenger and randomly chat with Thais living here.

The best way, really, to meet the sorts of people you're talking about it to go out and network. Even if you're only here for a short time you can still meet up with friends and friends of friends, and whatnot.

######, next time you're in town drop me a PM and I'll invite you out for a night to non-BG type places. Maybe one of my GFs friends would meet your requirements. :o

Cheers!

What are your problems with BG's any way.

How do you know what they are like?

I want to come to Thailand and not meet a BG.

Simple dont go to a bar.

WHY ARE YOU COMING HERE TO FIND A GIRL IN LOS.

post edited by me cause not making sense any more :o

why do they ask in the first place brue?

Very simple.

During his one to two weeks vacation time in Thailand, he dreams meeting a TG doing with him everything a TBG would do without having to pay a barfine.

Must be on a tight budget,... :o

Check out the links I gave you earlier... All four of them are used quite heavily by Thais.
I did. Thank you very much. I actually had no idea that the online dating sites like Match.com also carried international ads. Duh! I guess you learn something new every day.
The best way, really, to meet the sorts of people you're talking about it to go out and network. Even if you're only here for a short time you can still meet up with friends and friends of friends, and whatnot.

######, next time you're in town drop me a PM and I'll invite you out for a night to non-BG type places. Maybe one of my GFs friends would meet your requirements.  :o

I'm actually trying to do that. I have a few Thai friends here in the US so next time I come back I'm going to take them up on their offers to look up thier brothers/sisters/friends/etc. who still live in BKK. Heck, I may even take you up on your offer :D

I did. Thank you very much. I actually had no idea that the online dating sites like Match.com also carried international ads. Duh! I guess you learn something new every day.

I'm actually trying to do that. I have a few Thai friends here in the US so next time I come back I'm going to take them up on their offers to look up thier brothers/sisters/friends/etc. who still live in BKK. Heck, I may even take you up on your offer :o

The faceparty and facepic sites can be quite fun... Don't expect to meet the daughter of an industrial tycoon there, but you can meet some middle-class gals who are fairly laid-back and can take you to the nicer places in town.

I checked match.com since I wrote the post here and it seems to have gone downhill somewhat- looks like you have to pay to be able to contact anyone. Fortunately, the other sites provide a level of free contact.

Definitely check out places like Q-Bar, Mystique, and then Thai hangouts like 2 Saleung, Booze, and The Room. Quite different from the 'touristy' scene.

Cheers!

Very simple.

During his one to two weeks vacation time in Thailand, he dreams meeting a TG doing with him everything a TBG would do without having to pay a barfine.

Must be on a tight budget,... :o

Whoah!

Are you the resident cynic? :D

Looks like he just wants a non-BG to hang out with... like perhaps someone he can actually have a conversation with, besides "What movie you like?", "You hungry? I hungry", and "I go now, brother sick" :D

Cheers!

What are your problems with BG's any way.

How do you know what they are like?

Uh, because this wouldn't be my first time in Thailand. I have enjoyed the company of many BG's and as I stated previously they are exceptional people. I simply feel that I'm not getting the true nature of the country by hanging out on Soi Cowboy or deep in the nooks of Nana Plaza. :o
Very simple.

Must be on a tight budget,...

If you weren't directing that at me I probably would have thought that to be funny :D

Actually, I'm quite the opposite. I'm the tourist farang all of you expats hate because I spend money like a drunken sailor. :D

Actually, I'm quite the opposite. I'm the tourist farang all of you expats hate because I spend money like a drunken sailor. :D

What the fuk are you talking about,,A lot of us are married and live here and are very happy,and a lot of us spend money like it was going out of style,smart ass,you ain't gonna do us no favors Mr.BIG SPENDER. :o

What the fuk are you talking about,,A lot of us are married and live here and are very happy,and a lot of us spend money like it was going out of style,smart ass,you ain't gonna do us no favors Mr.BIG SPENDER. :o

I don't think I ever claimed I was doing you any favor.

But let's face it, a lot of expats spend a lot of time crying on this and other boards about tourists who come to Thailand and spend too much on the girls making it harder for the expats to negotiate prices. That's why I said that I'm the kind of guy expats hate.