Forza Payload?

AllanB

A future riding mate of mine is considering buying a Forza, to tour two up with us. Him and his missus are not exactly lightweights and I know that the PCX150 can't carry naff-all without bottoming out.

So just wondering if anyone had one and had used it two up and if they encountered any problems, it has quite a big boot and I guess there is a back rack available, plus she can wear a rucksack, so it seems to otherwise fit the bill.

Any views on the bike itself really, I may even consider one myself and keep the Lifan for solo fun, which is what it is really good at.

I got one, I am, ahem, 100 kilos , my mrs 55 kilos, we go up into the hills around us two up with no problems at all. No luggage though.

I guess the best thing for them to do is sit on one in the showroom and bounce up and down a bit to see if it bottoms out.

I haven't looked but am pretty sure you could fit a firmer suspension. Keeps up with traffic on the road fine two up. Glide around on it, not a motorcycle but nice bit of kit that

does its thing very well.

The maximum load capacity for the Honda Forza 300 (NSS300) is according to Honda 169 kilograms.

That's less than the PCX150! Which is 172 or a bit more. And aftermarket rear units fixed the bottoming out problem!

I have had a forza for two years,with box on back. I have ridden mine from Chiang Mai to Rayong,Udanthani,Doi Inthannon and several other places with two people, box loaded and back pack on passenger. Never had a problem. Previously had a PCX,owned it for three months....not enough power. Got the forza.....excellent bike for Thailand going anywhere. Did put gas shocks on the back...Only bad thing about the forza is the gas gauge stays on full forever......then suddenly moves down.....

You can always get some YSS shocks for your scooter. Bottoming out suspension should not be a buying criterion.

For me personally, I find the Forza gives me cramps in my legs because of the weird position. But I'm not a small guy. Never ridden one for more than 30min.

I got one, I am, ahem, 100 kilos , my mrs 55 kilos, we go up into the hills around us two up with no problems at all. No luggage though.

I guess the best thing for them to do is sit on one in the showroom and bounce up and down a bit to see if it bottoms out.

I haven't looked but am pretty sure you could fit a firmer suspension. Keeps up with traffic on the road fine two up. Glide around on it, not a motorcycle but nice bit of kit that

does its thing very well.

(Teeth clenched) You might just be a little lighter than Mr and Mrs X!, but not by a lot, they both have short legs so seem to fit the bike.

I am a langky bar-steward so the riding position may not suit me, I certainly found the PCX awkward/odd. Plus I have a real penchant for dirt bikes now, so forgiving on crappy roads so personally may go down that route with the 250CRF, which may not please the missus.

Still we don't need matching bikes, performance wise they should be close, no decision until later this year for either of us. May try one out in the UK, where they do demos....

i bought a forza a few months ago and as i aint no flyweight, 120 kg's in jock's, i put on yes shocks with the gas reservoir.

good shocks after i cranked up the pre-load heaps.

i recently rode from prachuap khiri khan to pattaya and back with a 80 kilo latvian perched on the rear. bike handled the weight ok but was bottoming out occasionally.

if i decide to keep it for a few years i will spend the dollars on some ohlins shocks but ATM i cant justify the cost as i want to upgrade soon to a bolt.

i have a bolt in oz so i am familiar with them.

generally i find the forza an excellent bike and excellent value for money when compared to a tmax.

if anybody wants one, a foes that is, PM me.

Rob