Technology And Old Fashioned

pumpuiman

My mother in law is an old fashioned traditional woman from Isaan that is always a source of amusement when it comes to her clashes with technology.Dont get me wrong,I have the greatest respect for her,and love her dearly...but here are a few examples that have tickled my funny bone.

On her one and only trip to Bangkok...my wife wanted to take her mother shopping at World Trade. My mother in law would not get on the escalator, or elevator...she was too scared..so we had to shop on the ground level!!!

When talking on the telephone, she frequently holds the phone upside down.

If the volume on the television is too low...we find her sitting inches from the set so she can hear...does not get the concept of a volume knob !!!

After recently installing the sprayer for washing your bottom next to our toilets in our new home..mom came to inspect the hong nam. She remarked that the shower would be hard to use (being so short a hose and so close to thje toilet) but she would give it a try...and proceeded to spray her face ....sending the rest of the family in to hysterics.

Does anyone else have any stories relating to old and new world clashes? I would love to hear about it.

:o

Heard this from one of my friends, so don't know if it is just an old joke or really a true incident.

He had bought one of the folks, an old fashioned traditional man from the village to the city one day for sight-seeing. While on the way to the city, the car stopped all of a sudden. The old guy asked why they have stopped. The friend pointed to the traffic light and said it was red. To this, pat came the reply from the old guy - "Ok, I've seen it. You can go now. :D

I think it would be better off in the Jokes section. :D

:o

Heard this from one of my friends, so don't know if it is just an old joke or really a true incident.

He had bought one of the folks, an old fashioned traditional man from the village to the city one day for sight-seeing. While on the way to the city, the car stopped all of a sudden. The old guy asked why they have stopped. The friend pointed to the traffic light and said it was red. To this, pat came the reply from the old guy - "Ok, I've seen it. You can go now. :D

I think it would be better off in the Jokes section. :D

reminds me of the joke..." is my turn signal working?...no..yes..no..yes..........

do u know how many people come to my petting zoo to prove to their children that eggs actually come out of a chicken, and demand that i provide a chicken on site that will lay an egg while they are watching (it doesnt work like that , egging on demand)

do u know how many people come to my petting zoo to prove to their children that eggs actually come out of a chicken, and demand that i provide a chicken on site that will lay an egg while they are watching (it doesnt work like that , egging on demand)

:o:D