power plug

james6

I have had a honda city a audi a4 a nissan march and a suzuki swift in the eleven years i have been in Thailand. I now have a ford ecosport and before anybody knocks it the car is perfect for me. I have had it 13 months and i love the size the economy and the extras you get with the top model. there is one thing that i would like to change and that is the power plug is not disconnected when you switch the ignition off . I keep forgetting and leave the dash cam on or the phone charging when i leave the car, my memory is not what it was. I wonder if i get it wired to the ignition will this affect the warranty .every car i have owned and thats a lot has the plug disabled when turning off the ignition and thats the way i like it. anyone have an idea on this ,replys appreciated. pete

Check the fuse box, there is a rail that is permanently powered and one that goes on and off with the ignition. I have a BT50 which is also Ford under the hood, same issue. Made a small jumper and connected 2 of the 4 power outlets to the ignition rail.

post-160041-0-12836900-1458027409_thumb.

I have the same problem with my wife's Focus. I keep wanting to have the dealer change it but always forget. The dash cam doesn't take much power but I think camera life will be much shorter being on all the time.

I have the same problem with my wife's Focus. I keep wanting to have the dealer change it but always forget. The dash cam doesn't take much power but I think camera life will be much shorter being on all the time.

For the dashcam, you may have an automatically darkening mirror. My cam just sticks on that, I put a small step down converter inside the mirror from 12V to 5V, connected with a short cable to the cam. Nothing hangs around, it goes on when you start the car and off when off.

There should be enough small shops around that can do such thing for you.