Renewing retirement visa, any changes?

In a few days I will be heading to Chang Wattana Imm office to once again renew my retirement visa and was wondering if their are any recent changes from last year.

1. Completed TM 7 with photo

2. B 1,900

3. Letter from US consulate showing income

4. Passport copies

I don't know if proof of address is needed. But if you have any proof from bills or letters, take it along. I expect that CW is a long journey from where you live and that you wouldn't like having to return the next day with proof of address.

I renewed my retirement extension at CW yesterday and no proof of residence was asked for, nor has it ever been asked for in my 8 years renewing the extension. I am also from the USA.

In an earlier post I wrote that service was particularly slow yesterday.

I renewed my retirement extension at CW yesterday and no proof of residence was asked for, nor has it ever been asked for in my 8 years renewing the extension. I am also from the USA.

At CW I had to show my rental agreement. Lease.

They were not happy that the actual address of condo was not on lease. I also had all the receipts from rental payments. These has the address. The io accepted this.

At CW I had to show my rental agreement. Lease.

They were not happy that the actual address of condo was not on lease. I also had all the receipts from rental payments. These has the address. The io accepted this.

That was your first extension application. If you don't move CW will not ask for it again from all reports I have seen if applying for an extension based upon retirement.

Renewed Non Imm "O" based on retirement today at Khon Kaen. I presented all the paperwork, same as last year:-

1. TM7

2. Embassy letter for income proof

3. Proof of residence (not sure if necessary but always supply it for last 3 years)

4. Acknowledgement of the conditions for permitted continuation of stay in the Kingdom of Thailand

5. ฿1900

However, in addition to this I had 2 new forms to fill in at the desk. One was a declaration of income stating where pension came from (Never seen this before) and just same info as Embassy letter but wanted income in ฿ ! The other was a new form which showed all the new penalties for overstay which I had to sign to show that I understood the consequences if I failed to comply. Fair enough.

KK office was exceptionally busy today with 63 students all from the same college applying for Extensions to their Student Visas. I was able to obtain my 12 month extension and get a single re-entry permit with no problem at all.

I always find that the Immigration Officers at Khon Kaen are polite, helpful, and efficient. Thank you .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My retirement visa 1st extension of stay is going to expire 26 August. I plan on going to Chang Wattana to get the 2nd extension.

This will be my 2nd extension. Does it all get done in one visit? or will they make me come back after I submit my paper work to get the extension stamp? I hated having to do that for the first application for the Non-O retirement visa. I got my first extension in Chonburi but then moved back to Bangkok so I will get my 2nd extension at Chang Wattana

Also will I again have to show proof of residence? I am looking for recent experiences. I will be using my embassy letter for proof of pension income.

Another question: My address notification is also due July 22 ...does applying for the 2nd extension of stay (T7 form) substitute for the 90 day address notification? Or will I also have to do the 90 address notification also that same day?

my 90 check in is due July 22, my 1st extension expires Aug 26 so my plan is to go around July 27 to apply for the 2nd extension of stay and still be within the time frame (7 days after for the 90 day address notification)

my plan is to go to CW and hopefully get this all done in one visit.

I am hoping that applying for the 2nd extension of stay will count the same as 90 day notification? Any advice???

thank you for any help!!!

My retirement visa 1st extension of stay is going to expire 26 August. I plan on going to Chang Wattana to get the 2nd extension.

This will be my 2nd extension. Does it all get done in one visit? or will they make me come back after I submit my paper work to get the extension stamp? I hated having to do that for the first application for the Non-O retirement visa. I got my first extension in Chonburi but then moved back to Bangkok so I will get my 2nd extension at Chang Wattana

Also will I again have to show proof of residence? I am looking for recent experiences. I will be using my embassy letter for proof of pension income.

Another question: My address notification is also due July 22 ...does applying for the 2nd extension of stay (T7 form) substitute for the 90 day address notification? Or will I also have to do the 90 address notification also that same day?

my 90 check in is due July 22, my 1st extension expires Aug 26 so my plan is to go around July 27 to apply for the 2nd extension of stay and still be within the time frame (7 days after for the 90 day address notification)

my plan is to go to CW and hopefully get this all done in one visit.

I am hoping that applying for the 2nd extension of stay will count the same as 90 day notification? Any advice???

thank you for any help!!!

The extension will be done in one trip to immigration.

If you have not changed your address to Bangkok previously you will need proof of residence.

You will have to a 90 day report separate from the extension. Only the first extension is considered a 90 day report. You can do them both on the 27th since it will be the 6th day (they count the reports due date in the count) after your report was due.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for your help, this is a big relief. It's quite a trek there from where I am on Sukhumvit.

Question I did a 90 day address notification at CW using my address here in Bangkok. Does this qualify as "changing my address to Bangkok" to Thai Immigration? Or will they want to see lease/bills or other docs?

thanks, I do have copies of the apartment owners chanote/taliaban papers and his ID etc.. so I guess I'll bring that just in case. Just curious.

Thanks very much for your help, this is a big relief. It's quite a trek there from where I am on Sukhumvit.

Question I did a 90 day address notification at CW using my address here in Bangkok. Does this qualify as "changing my address to Bangkok" to Thai Immigration? Or will they want to see lease/bills or other docs?

thanks, I do have copies of the apartment owners chanote/taliaban papers and his ID etc.. so I guess I'll bring that just in case. Just curious.

Normally you would need to formally change address to do a 90 day report after moving.

It might be wise to have a copy of your rental agreement attached to your application with copies of the owners ID card and tambien ban attached.

• Like 1

I don't know if proof of address is needed. But if you have any proof from bills or letters, take it along. I expect that CW is a long journey from where you live and that you wouldn't like having to return the next day with proof of address.

That's a good idea. On my last extension I brought along a CAT bill as proof, but they handed it back. They only needed my lease agreement. This was at Jomtien.