Trying to Buy a New civic with 200,000 baht Deposit.. Blue Book needed why?

Huayrat

YOu mean the car blue book? If you have salary slips or some way yo show income, the car can be in your name . 200k may not be high enough without a guarantor. One my first loan on a civic i put down 50 percent with no need for a guarantor.

You need proof of address for the registration. Can be house book, work permit or certificate from immigration or embassy.

200000 baht + Guarantor and he says my name needs to be on the blue book..

Is this the same at every Honda Dealership?

So if I get a letter stating that I live at this Address and I'm not on the blue book you think that will work?

YOu mean the car blue book? If you have salary slips or some way yo show income, the car can be in your name . 200k may not be high enough without a guarantor. One my first loan on a civic i put down 50 percent with no need for a guarantor.

I have a Guarantor also.. The way he was talking it doesn't matter how much I put down I will still need to be on a House Blue Book.. Surely he can't be correct..

As a Foreigner you can not be in the Blue House book. Thai only. Some Amphur will allow you to have a Yellow house book with your name in it.

Yes I know this Thanks so how can I buy a car on finance without it was the Question or do I have a Rouge Honda salesman who is not correct?

You need proof of address for the registration. Can be house book, work permit or certificate from immigration or embassy.

200000 baht + Guarantor and he says my name needs to be on the blue book..

Is this the same at every Honda Dealership?

So if I get a letter stating that I live at this Address and I'm not on the blue book you think that will work?

Yes, that is all that is required.

As a Foreigner you can not be in the Blue House book. Thai only. Some Amphur will allow you to have a Yellow house book with your name in it.

Yes I know this Thanks so how can I buy a car on finance without it was the Question or do I have a Rouge Honda salesman who is not correct?

If it was me - and the salesman insisted on something that is not possible, I would shop elsewhere. If he - I assume it is a he - is Thai - another assumption - and does not know that Foreigner can not be in a Blue House book, what else is he not sure of ? Again - assuming there is not a translation issue here and he says house book but means the foreigner equivalent.

If it was me - and the salesman insisted on something that is not possible, I would shop elsewhere. If he - I assume it is a he - is Thai - another assumption - and does not know that Foreigner can not be in a Blue House book, what else is he not sure of ? Again - assuming there is not a translation issue here and he says house book but means the foreigner equivalent.

Yes I agree.. I think he really doesn't know and wasn't much help

i think the op is talking about the house book.

i agree with DavisH maybe a larger deposit will be needed.

Oh the house book. Was thinking it's the blue book for the car. I'm pretty sure I was not on our house book when I purchased the honda. The house is / was / will always be in the wife's name bah.gif But I still got the car in my name based on the deposit and pay slips. I'm sure there's other ways to prove address. I seem to recall using my work permit, but forgot now as it was 12 years ago.

Oh the house book. Was thinking it's the blue book for the car. I'm pretty sure I was not on our house book when I purchased the honda. The house is / was / will always be in the wife's name bah.gif But I still got the car in my name based on the deposit and pay slips. I'm sure there's other ways to prove address. I seem to recall using my work permit, but forgot now as it was 12 years ago.

I've just spoken to a Honda salesman in pattaya on Facebook.

He said all I need is passport, work permit and Bank statements and pension letter showing my pension..

Have to put Atleast 300000 Baht down as Deposit and will be OK..

Living in Buriram out in the sticks and Dumb Car salesmen makes my Blood boil..

Thanks everyone

I have a Guarantor also.. The way he was talking it doesn't matter how much I put down I will still need to be on a House Blue Book.. Surely he can't be correct..

Was asked for it today, but the Thai person with me explained to the salesman that foreigners aren't allowed on a house registration. He said he didn't know because he'd never sold a car to a foreigner before.

Huayrat, on 15 Mar 2016 - 21:25, said:
DavisH, on 15 Mar 2016 - 21:18, said:
steve187, on 15 Mar 2016 - 18:18, said:

I've just spoken to a Honda salesman in pattaya on Facebook.

He said all I need is passport, work permit and Bank statements and pension letter showing my pension..

Have to put Atleast 300000 Baht down as Deposit and will be OK..

Living in Buriram out in the sticks and Dumb Car salesmen makes my Blood boil..

Thanks everyone

Go and buy it at the Motor Show next week ... they will be on the ball ... and maybe a good deal available

He said all I need is passport, work permit and Bank statements and pension letter showing my pension.

If you are on retirement extension,you will not be able to have a work permit,

regards worgeordie

Op: You can get yourself into a Yellow Book (the same equivalent as the Blue Book but for foreigners) - I'm not sure of how useful that will be to you though, when all you really need to show is a Work Permit or Affirmation of Residence.

I've had discussions with garages before who suggested I put my car in my Wife's as I don't have a work permit. After double checking the Sales Person confirmed that I could register the car in my name with an 'Affirmation of Address' from my Consulate.

What will also work as proof of address:

- Work Permit

- Yellow Book (Same as blue book but for foreigners)

- Proof of Address from Thai Immigration (only possible after a 90 day report).

You need a work permit to buy a car on finance. Otherwise have to buy cash.

Why you say This is?

3 year ago Toyota ask me about finance(not i ask).

I say i am even on tourist visa.

Say no problem 50% and 3-6 month book from any thy bank or proof income from embassy.

My friend buy Toyota Hiace even be on stamp. 30% show rent agreement(his pay for rent per year)

And bank book even not have 3 month. It's be 3 year ago.

Just one week ago manager from BMW ask about finance. I say I am not work permint . say its can be but wife as guarantor.

You say this is about Honda filler can't?

I shopped Buriram at 2 Toyota dealers, Ford, and Chevrolet. I got the same answer... put it in your wife's name and no problem. Without a work permit they will not finance, period. I have a yellow book, made no difference, if in my name no finance.

Edited by DepDavid

I shopped Buriram at 2 Toyota dealers, Ford, and Chevrolet. I got the same answer... put it in your wife's name and no problem. Without a work permit they will not finance, period. I have a yellow book, made no difference, if in my name no finance.

If you meet the finance requirements of course they'll finance. But you'll have to stick to your guns.

No I had income far exceeding what they need plus cash in bank. to buy half a dozen but they would not finance without work permit which is why I replied to the post!

1.Even different branch dealer can be different ansver.

2. Some times GF or wife, wanted car on she name. WO salesmen can "help" she

;)

PS I never ask about finance . salesmen proposed it after I say I buy after this is car. Now not for full payment money.

Your knocking your head against a brick wall. I can show more income than most Thais, have a yellow book but still can not finance a car or anything else as I do not have a work permit.

Thai salespeople are like puppets. They are told no work permit no loans.. So pay cash or get a guarantor.