Finnish Man’s Fall From Pattaya Balcony Ruled a Suicide

snoop1130

Maybe the following should posted on the notice board of all high-rise buildings...

... Samaritans of Thailand ...

Bangkok:

02-713-6791 (ENGLISH)

24 hours/day, 7 days/week

02-713-6793 (THAI)

12 noon - 22:00 hrs, 7 days/week

Maybe they should hand out plastic bags and large elastic bands instead, Apparently its a much nicer way to go as you just fall asleep. RIP to the brave ones who jump!

That is not a nice way to end it either...

It will not be the the lack of oxygen that kills but Hypercapnia (raised levels of CO2) in the blood.

Hypercapnia will cause hyperventilation, panic and convulsions, maybe for many minutes before rendering the victim unconscious.

I like the suggestion of having giant safety nets around the high-risers at the level of first or second floor (so as not to obstruct ground traffic and leave enough clearance for the energy to be absorbed). Would help in case of fires, too. I agree that it does not look all that elegant

These tragic, endless suicides and subsequent comments, whether good or bad, could easily become a thing of the past. If the powers that be would make euthanasia legal, all these sad endings would not happen as much. Yes, people would still choose to take their own life in such a way, but I would hope most would choose a more graceful ending.

If someone wants to take their own life, they will, no matter which way it ends. I would never have the courage to do anything like that. I would exhaust all other avenues like asking for help from friends or family. If someone was so desperate and asked me for help or they were considering ending it, I couldn't have that on my conscience should that be the outcome.

If said person has nowhere to turn and is 100% adamant they are going to end it, euthanasia has to be the best out? After that, I would guess at the old hosepipe from the exhaust in a locked garage the most painless way maybe?

I guess once you have taken that leap from the balcony, there is no opt out option, no turning back

RIP sir

maybe he was sick and could not take it anymore......quick relief..but why stress in Thailand, people are much nicer and smile a lot....

yes very true and so sad nobody should have to resort to ending they life in a non normal way of dying God rest his soul ?

maybe he was sick and could not take it anymore......quick relief..but why stress in Thailand, people are much nicer and smile a lot....

Don't let the 'smiling faces' fool you. There was actually an old song that describes this place.

I have to agree about the smiling faces you have to tread carefully am afraid in the los as everyone and everything does not appear to be all shiny and glistening Don't be gullible and knieve and u shud be ok ??

Don't let the 'smiling faces' fool you. There was actually an old song that describes this place.

The song is "The Back Stabbers " by the O'Jays can view it on YouTube

"Smiling Faces" is a song by "The Undisputed Truth". "Back Stabbers" was a song by The O'Jays Both songs describe how people can act normal around you, like they like you , or care for you, but in reality it is all an act, and/or they are just using you.

Maybe the following should posted on the notice board of all high-rise buildings...

Bangkok:

02-713-6791 (ENGLISH)

02-713-6793 (THAI)

Good idea, nice post. Even if it saves just 1 life its already worth the effort. Sad it has come to this this. I believe that Pattaya as a holiday resort is 2nd to none when it comes to tourist's suicide.

<snip>The man reportedly went to see a doctor Monday, and his friends said he occasionally talked about suicide, according to Nakornrat.<snip>

Yep, it seems that he was sick, but we don't know the circumstances he was in. It's frightening how many people with a real good pension commit suicide in Thailand.

Sick, maybe some fake friends and the "I love you too much trick" can easily pull the trigger. Sad, but true.

Please Google suicide in Thailand and you can read many hours.

Bangkok:

02-713-6791 (ENGLISH)

02-713-6793 (THAI)

Maybe they should hand out plastic bags and large elastic bands instead, Apparently its a much nicer way to go as you just fall asleep. RIP to the brave ones who jump!

For everyone, deceased included

RIP. I hope you have found relief. A tragic end.

Well, it comes to all, birth is a terminal illness.

He chose his time and did not finish up a dribbling idiot on some porch somewhere waiting to go.

I admire his courage and at least he is now at peace, RIP old feller.

Why do so many foreigners come to Thailand to commit suicide? I'm sure there are much better countries to go to in order to kill yourself.

They don't come to Thailand to commit suicide. They come to spend their twilight years in what they deem a paradise. And then, when they've played their string out to the end, they join their last association: the Pattaya Flyers Club.

It's an endgame strategy hard to find fault with.