Toyota Revo 2.4E vs 2.7E

HI all.

I am stuck between the new Revos noted above.

The 2.4E is diesel and the 2.7E is benzene.

The only difference I see is of course the engine. Anyone have ideas on the quality of these engines and pros and cons with this model?

2.4E AT engine is 4 cyl 16 valve DOHC VN Turbo Intercooler

2.7E AT engines is 4 cyl 16 valve DOHC Dual VVT-i

Website http://www.toyota.co.th/en/model/hilux_revo_double_cab/specification

Tks

Edited by seedy
font

Get the diesel. It has loads more torque and is much cheaper to run.

talking out your bass as per usual. Op go drive the petrol Revo, you will be pleasantly surprised, it has plenty of power and very quiet. Unless you are doing zillions of miles hauling durian, torque and costs are negligible and your hearing will not suffer.

talking out your bass as per usual. Op go drive the petrol Revo, you will be pleasantly surprised, it has plenty of power and very quiet. Unless you are doing zillions of miles hauling durian, torque and costs are negligible and your hearing will not suffer.

Just be prepared to see pedestrians covering their eyes as the hidiousness that is the new Fortuner passes them by.

Oh, in reality the petrol is a lemon as its always been.

For me this would be an easy choice - the diesel.

If the 2.7L was turbocharged and direct injected, well, that would then become a situation of deciding if you can afford the fuel bill ;)

But it doesn't have either, so the commonrail turbo diesel is pretty much a no brainer - unless you have intentions to go NGV or LPG?

Does the petrol have a lower rear end ratio to compensate for lack of torque...?

Not according to Toyotas spec sheet. Final drive and Transmission ratios are shown as the same for the lower model 2.4 diesel and 2.7 petrol.

Seems odd and maybe a typo as the English spec sheet seems a bit rough. Power and torque are confused and there is a 2x4 diesel version? The 2x4 gets different transmission ratios but perhaps they are needed for a cross between a Revo and a lump of wood?

Any way back to the OP, +1 for Diesel. More economical, Engine character suits pickup better, not noisy, better resale, no hassles with after market LPG etc.

Edited by Jitar

Just be prepared to see pedestrians covering their eyes as the hidiousness that is the new Fortuner passes them by.

Bit harsh that, the U.S. have a superb V6 4 Litre so U.S Visitors dont realize Thai ones dont. Think its called a Forunner there nice drive too.

Diesel and 4x4 are my absolute prerequisites for considering purchase any personal vehicle. This is based on very long experience at sea and living on a nasty hillside road in Phuket during the rainy season. Never a problem with ignition, can drive through water filled low spots in the road.

Bit harsh that, the U.S. have a superb V6 4 Litre so U.S Visitors dont realize Thai ones dont. Think its called a Forunner there nice drive too.
A bit early to hit the bottle, Ace...

Guess who bought the lemon...?

Unless you specifically want the ability to convert to LPG/CNG capability, go with the diesel.

Not sure how this would work out. Not that cheap anymore looking at the gas price, and also from the power you get out of it if doing a conversion (open loop system) probably not worth it.

We have a lousy Optra with LPG conversion. Worst car I owned my whole life :)

Unless you specifically want the ability to convert to LPG/CNG capability, go with the diesel.

Not sure how this would work out. Not that cheap anymore looking at the gas price, and also from the power you get out of it if doing a conversion (open loop system) probably not worth it.

We have a lousy Optra with LPG conversion. Worst car I owned my whole life smile.png

The new Multi Port systems are miles ahead of the old style "dump it into the intake manifold and see what happens" style. Here in CNX price about 30K installed - complete. And we realize a cost saving of 50% on fuel. Use gasoline for the mountains tho'

30kTHB are around 20 Diesel fill ups. There's a 6B price difference to LPG. So you would get 25 tanks full of LPG for the same (given the same size, which it's probably not). Difference in savings is 1500B. Meaning you would have to drive approximately 20 years to break even :)

30kTHB are around 20 Diesel fill ups. There's a 6B price difference to LPG. So you would get 25 tanks full of LPG for the same (given the same size, which it's probably not). Difference in savings is 1500B. Meaning you would have to drive approximately 20 years to break even :)

Is the calculation that simple.

Do you need to take into account any initial vehicle price difference.

Will the diesel engine deliver more km/ltr than the gasoline engine and even more still when running on LPG.

I think that there is a bigger difference than 6thb between a litre of diesel and a litre of LPG ... that figure could of course change somewhat in the future

It would be interesting if you would do an 'all in' calculation.

Edited by JAS21

And why should I do that and not buy a Diesel straight ahead? :)

That investment cases for LPG and NGV do not add up anymore, and that's intentionally driven by the government due to high subsidies. Diesel is also one, so I'd say it's just a question of time until we see 30B/liter again.