90 Day Reporting Chiang Mai - Overdue Receipt of Notification, Advice Please

tomdfc

8 March - EMS'd the package across to Immigration (following again the guidelines as per CEC)

14 March - the 90 day "due date" by my calculation since arriving back into Thailand and having the 90 day clock reset

16 March - today checked EMS Tracking and can see a successful, signed delivery on 9th March - but no return delivery so far to me of the stamped addressed envelope I sent in the package

I read on this website that the Immigration website says to follow up if the receipt of notification is not received within 30 days. But should I wait that long? And who / which office do I contact?

Thanks in advance.

It's probably in their computer. You can go to the airport immigration and check with them. Or just wait a few days.

You should have sent it 15 days in advance to avoid such things.

Edited by MadMac

Wait the 30 days....if you still don't have it, go to Airport Immigration and get the slip. Take your EMS tracking slip with you.

I know of two separate instances (both very recent) where people in your situation have gone to Airport Immigration and have been told that they are no longer mailing the slips back, even if you send in the self-addressed stamped envelope - they were told that you now have to go in person to retrieve it. One person was told not to even send the envelope next time when mailing in the 90 day report.

The "no mailing back" rule is certainly not official policy but I suspect it's now been put into a "trial run".**

** (In anticipation of people calling me a liar, one of the "no mailing back" reports was from a personal acquaintance and the other is contained in post #11 of this thread):

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/902623-90-day-reporting-receipt-not-received-in-mail-ok-to-travel/

Edited by TheAppletons

I always send my report registered mail,both ways,last time ,at beginning

of the month ,it took 12 says for it to be returned,but there was a report

here,that someone had it delivered and returned in 26 hours,so who knows

whats going on. its always a good idea to photo copy the reporting slip,so

if you don't receive anything back,you can take your EMS/Registered and

reporting slip to airport office.

regards Worgeordie

Got my receipt of notification back today. Interestingly, it was processed on the 14th - which was my calculation of day 90 after having flown back into Thailand. If this is indicative of Immigration getting the applications in early, sorting them into "due dates" and processing on the relevant day that's good news. Previously, it seemed you always "lost" days by applying early.

They also enclosed a courtesy blank TM47 to report next time which i don't recall getting before.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Thanks to all.

Little bit off topic. Are we still allowed 7 days late?

The 7 days is only if you go in person.

But I don't see why you could not go in person 7 days late, if you don't get the mail back. So yes, it's possible.