'Smart' Cards to finally live up to paperless promise, NCPO vows

webfact

'Smart' Cards to Finally Live up to Paperless Promise, Junta Vows
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14581174941458117519l.jpg
Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra displays a new type of biometric-enabled national ID card introduced during his administration in 2004.

BANGKOK — The photocopying business could take a hit as the junta promised yesterday that photocopies of ID cards or home registrations will no longer be needed at government agencies next year.

Thirteen years after Thailand seemed ahead of the times by rolling out smart national ID cards, the biometric-enabled devices will live up to their promise of integrating data systems and reducing paperwork, junta spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnoed said at Tuesday’s interim cabinet meeting.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458117494

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-16

About time they decided an interconnected computer database is better than billions of photocopies.

Imagine if immigration decided to rely on a database instead of reams of photocopies. Just imagine how many passport copies they have stuffed in rooms throughout the country.

in other news, Now i can bump into people on the bts and STEAL ALL THEIR DATA to make fake credit cards using hardware that costs less than 3000b. (you can ask me how to make one) EVERYONE, be like me, and buy a RFID BLOCKING wallet. buy on on lazada now while they have their birthday sale.

in other news, Now i can bump into people on the bts and STEAL ALL THEIR DATA to make fake credit cards using hardware that costs less than 3000b. (you can ask me how to make one) EVERYONE, be like me, and buy a RFID BLOCKING wallet. buy on on lazada now while they have their birthday sale.

That's a contact chip, not RF.

This is just a small part

The Thai government have more than 5000 databases an very few of them are linked. The governing bosses don't trust each other and inter department sharing is unheard of

Like when you go for a work permit you need to photo copy visa, since they have to ask nicely to find out if you have one. They should be able to just check

Just one of hundreds of examples

That's a contact chip, not RF.

Or ...

You can stack your RFID cards together as data becomes scrambled.

You can order replacement cards without RIFD

Request issuer to deactivate the RIFD

Wrap in copper foil