Pattaya Toll plaza

joepattaya1961

Watch out!!

Coming from Bangkok over the #7 your right foot is usually getting heavy after the Banglamung intersection.

There are signs telling to reduce speed because of construction at km. 122.

Please.......REDUCE SPEED, because there is a chicane and all traffic is diverted through the new Toll gates.

At 140/150kmh your right foot may be too heavy to respond in time.

At 140/150 your foot is too heavy for ANY circumstance! I never exceed 120 as a constant speed. That's 75 MPH, which exceeds the maximum speed limit on any freeway in the USA. Nobody should be travelling faster than that. The slightest sudden incident will almost certainly result in an uncontrollable spin into a tragic accident.

Why would my foot usually get heavy after the Banglamung intersection? I respect the traffic rules, which means 90 Kph is the maximum speed on the whole stretch from Laem Chabang to Pattaya Sukhumvit.

Thanks for letting us know that you are the kind of driver who should be banned from public roads.

Why would my foot usually get heavy after the Banglamung intersection? I respect the traffic rules, which means 90 Kph is the maximum speed on the whole stretch from Laem Chabang to Pattaya Sukhumvit.

Thanks for letting us know that you are the kind of driver who should be banned from public roads.

And why do you come to the conclusion that I am the driver that should be banned from public roads? Silly <deleted>

And why do you come to the conclusion that I am the driver that should be banned from public roads? Silly <deleted>

Someone who consider it normal that people drive 150 Kmh on that stretch of road, or any road for that matter, should be banned.

The fact that you don't realize that you are a danger to other road users makes you even more dangerous.

Now throw another insult.

Someone who consider it normal that people drive 150 Kmh on that stretch of road, or any road for that matter, should be banned.

The fact that you don't realize that you are a danger to other road users makes you even more dangerous.

Now throw another insult.

he never said 150 is normal it was a simple figure of speech and a good warning......Wow!

Seems that the moral police is fairly awake today on TV. Or just bored?

I don't condone overspeeding at all in general and especially not in Thailand due to the many very, very unpredictable behaviours encountered here, but seriously, did you guys really need to jump over the OP like this? geez... he never said that he was driving that fast anyway. He was trying to be useful and he got slapped all around.

Edited by Lannig

Seems that the moral police is fairly awake today on TV. Or just bored?

I don't condone overspeeding at all in general and especially not in Thailand due to the many very, very unpredictable behaviours encountered here, but seriously, did you guys really need to jump over the OP like this? geez... he never said that he was driving that fast anyway. He was trying to be useful and he got slapped all around.

So with his remark he assumed that everyone but him was driving at those speeds. Right?

So is there going to be a toll for entering and exiting Pattaya on the 7? If so, how much?

I guess there will be toll to pay. This was announced.......4 or 5 years ago.

Not sure about the amount, but measuring the distance, it will be somewhat around THB 120 from Lat Krabang tollgate to Pattaya tollgate (wild guess).

For those dogooder's who choose to obey the speed limit please keep to the left lane. You are the cause of accidents.

How can someone obeying the speed limit be the cause of an accident when he drives on the far right lane?

It is the one that comes behind him, and is not obeying the speed limit, who is the cause of the accident.

<deleted>

keep left and there will be no accidents. simple concept really but very few are able to grasp that.

Case in point. If the right lane was not occupied by some slow driver old matey Mr Lenso would not have had to swerve left and kill those in that lane.

Edited by Don Mega

keep left and there will be no accidents. simple concept really but very few are able to grasp that.

Case in point. If the right lane was not occupied by some slow driver old matey Mr Lenso would not have had to swerve left and kill those in that lane.

No idea who Mr Lenso is, but I can sense from your post that he was one of those who think that traffic rule do not apply to them, or was a very inexperienced driver.

First rule when engaging in road traffic, and this applies worldwide, is that you have to be prepared to react to any obstacle you encounter on the road.

A slower driver is no danger to anyone, who isn't foaming at the beak when climbing behind the wheel.

So you are doing 90kmh in the outside lane. Well done.

What is wrong with that, please enlighten us all.

I don't think I need to enlighten anyone, apart from you.

Back to the toll, I hope they don't make us pay a toll to take our children to Regents using the Freeway.

Then please enlighten me, but from your remark that people taking children to school should be exempt from paying toll, shows how educated you are so it will be a waste of time to wait for your explanation.

Last time I drove to/from Pattaya in January I saw the toll plaza in the final stages of building right next to the intersection that lets you enter the tollway or take the Chonburi bypass for a free ride to BKK. So basically right west of Chonburi.

I never ever use the tollway. I prefer taking another hour or so of my time and drive over freeway #3 through Bang Na. Tollway #7 is ridiculously expensive, boring as hell (I tend to fall asleep easily at the wheel, so it's a real hazard to me) and has only one overcrowded place for a pit stop at the 7/11.

I kind of like driving under the shade of the elevated expressway too. Nicer during the hot season (yes I do have air-con).

Last time I drove to/from Pattaya in January I saw the toll plaza in the final stages of building right next to the intersection that lets you enter the tollway or take the Chonburi bypass for a free ride to BKK. So basically right west of Chonburi.

I never ever use the tollway. I prefer taking another hour or so of my time and drive over freeway #3 through Bang Na. Tollway #7 is ridiculously expensive, boring as hell (I tend to fall asleep easily at the wheel, so it's a real hazard to me) and has only one overcrowded place for a pit stop at the 7/11.

I kind of like driving under the shade of the elevated expressway too. Nicer during the hot season (yes I do have air-con).

#7 is a whole lotta fun when your doing 200+km/h.

Actually the speed limit for automobiles is 120 as shown on the large signs on the left side of the road. There are stretches where they have placed flashing warning signs showing a recommended speed of 90. If you choose to go 90, please watch your rear view mirror closely so you can move out of the right lane when approached by someone doing a legal 120.

?

TH

Actually the speed limit for automobiles is 120 as shown on the large signs on the left side of the road. There are stretches where they have placed flashing warning signs showing a recommended speed of 90. If you choose to go 90, please watch your rear view mirror closely so you can move out of the right lane when approached by someone doing a legal 120.

?

TH

The maximum speed on the highway from Pattaya to Laem Chabang is 90 Km/h and there are plenty of signs with flashing led's around.

There is no such thing as signs with recommended speed.

Edited by TheCruncher

Back to the toll, I hope they don't make us pay a toll to take our children to Regents using the Freeway.

Then please enlighten me, but from your remark that people taking children to school should be exempt from paying toll, shows how educated you are so it will be a waste of time to wait for your explanation.

I'm not sure my level of education has anything to do with you driving down the outside lane at 90kmh, assuming that your spedo is correct.

And yes, why shouldn't parents who pay 500,000 Baht a year for their children to go to school be exempt from paying a 20 Baht toll charge.

I'm not sure my level of education has anything to do with you driving down the outside lane at 90kmh, assuming that your spedo is correct.

And yes, why shouldn't parents who pay 500,000 Baht a year for their children to go to school be exempt from paying a 20 Baht toll charge.

Don't the tolls go towards the maintenance of the roads? Seems entirely fair that regular users pay!

If that indeed is the last toll before Pattaya, looks like Nongprue residents can still continue to use the 'on ramp' just after the toll booths to get to Pattaya.

I remembered when the extension were first opened, residents there complained that they can't use the highway 7 just in their backyard to get to Pattaya, and after much wrangling, a local politician managed to get the 'on ramp' constructed by filling in the ditch with some gravel and paving over into a small road, there is one on the opposite side heading towards Soi waterworks too