Pattaya Toll plaza

joepattaya1961

If that indeed is the last toll before Pattaya, looks like Nongprue residents can still continue to use the 'on ramp' just after the toll booths to get to Pattaya.

I remembered when the extension were first opened, residents there complained that they can't use the highway 7 just in their backyard to get to Pattaya, and after much wrangling, a local politician managed to get the 'on ramp' constructed by filling in the ditch with some gravel and paving over into a small road, there is one on the opposite side heading towards Soi waterworks too

Yes and they are a danger to other road users, especially the one on the opposite side of the toll booths, because cars taking that exit tend to use the highway itself as exit lane.

Why would my foot usually get heavy after the Banglamung intersection? I respect the traffic rules, which means 90 Kph is the maximum speed on the whole stretch from Laem Chabang to Pattaya Sukhumvit.

Thanks for letting us know that you are the kind of driver who should be banned from public roads.

Actually the speed limit for automobiles is 120 as shown on the large signs on the left side of the road. There are stretches where they have placed flashing warning signs showing a recommended speed of 90. If you choose to go 90, please watch your rear view mirror closely so you can move out of the right lane when approached by someone doing a legal 120.

?

TH

The maximum speed on the highway from Pattaya to Laem Chabang is 90 Km/h and there are plenty of signs with flashing led's around.

There is no such thing as signs with recommended speed.

You seem to be in a particularly contentious mood in this thread.........

There have been previous threads about what is the actual limit on this stretch of road as there are a number of large metal signs showing the normal toll route speeds. No one has ever conclusively given proof that it is one or the other. If you have please provide links/background rather than conjecture......

In the UK you are taught to move over into the furthest left lane if possible and allow the "outside" lane for overtaking.......whatever speed you are driving facepalm.gif

As to the tool booths I think the OP is referring to the ones by the road bridge half way between the 36 junction and Suk. What I am curious about is where are the corresponding toll booths northbound?

Why would my foot usually get heavy after the Banglamung intersection? I respect the traffic rules, which means 90 Kph is the maximum speed on the whole stretch from Laem Chabang to Pattaya Sukhumvit.

Thanks for letting us know that you are the kind of driver who should be banned from public roads.

Actually the speed limit for automobiles is 120 as shown on the large signs on the left side of the road. There are stretches where they have placed flashing warning signs showing a recommended speed of 90. If you choose to go 90, please watch your rear view mirror closely so you can move out of the right lane when approached by someone doing a legal 120.

?

TH

The maximum speed on the highway from Pattaya to Laem Chabang is 90 Km/h and there are plenty of signs with flashing led's around.

There have been previous threads about what is the actual limit on this stretch of road as there are a number of large metal signs showing the normal toll route speeds. No one has ever conclusively given proof that it is one or the other. If you have please provide links/background rather than conjecture......

In the UK you are taught to move over into the furthest left lane if possible and allow the "outside" lane for overtaking.......whatever speed you are driving facepalm.gif

As to the tool booths I think the OP is referring to the ones by the road bridge half way between the 36 junction and Suk. What I am curious about is where are the corresponding toll booths northbound?

It isn't rocket science that the legal speed on highways in Thailand is 120 km/h and that the large metal signs state the legal speed limit.

But is also no rocket science that a round sign with a red digits on a white background and a red circle around, like in the following picture vinyl-decal-sticker-9529.jpg means a speed restriction for that particular stretch of road and is valid until the next exit or another sign recalling the restriction .

That is so worldwide.

Well those particular signs with the number 90 on it are repeated after every entrance to the highway from Pattaya to at least Laem Chabang, but might even extend further.

So you are doing 90kmh in the outside lane. Well done.

What is wrong with that, please enlighten us all.

I don't think I need to enlighten anyone, apart from you.

Back to the toll, I hope they don't make us pay a toll to take our children to Regents using the Freeway.

Then please enlighten me, but from your remark that people taking children to school should be exempt from paying toll, shows how educated you are so it will be a waste of time to wait for your explanation.

I'm not sure my level of education has anything to do with you driving down the outside lane at 90kmh, assuming that your spedo is correct.

And yes, why shouldn't parents who pay 500,000 Baht a year for their children to go to school be exempt from paying a 20 Baht toll charge.

Don't the tolls go towards the maintenance of the roads? Seems entirely fair that regular users pay!

But do you know who Seizetheday is, he pays 500K a year for his children's education ( well probably his employer does), so everything else should be free for him.

Still waiting for his explanation why it's wrong to drive in the outer lane at the legal speed limit. Maybe he thinks that lane is also reserved for " do you know who I am".

I wasn't aware you were waiting for my explanation. I was actually being facetious about parents of children at Regents not paying the toll, I would have thought with your higher level of education you would have realised that.

No doubt you also drive at exactly 120 in the outside lane on the freeway, I can't abide people who do that.

I didn't say that I drive in the outer lane at all, at the legal sped limit or not, but even after you acknowledge to be aware that I'm waiting for an explanation you still fail to explain why it is not allowed to drive in the outer lane at the legal speed limit.

Being facetious again maybe?

?

TH

It isn't rocket science that the legal speed on highways in Thailand is 120 km/h and that the large metal signs state the legal speed limit.

But is also no rocket science that a round sign with a red digits on a white background and a red circle around, like in the following picture vinyl-decal-sticker-9529.jpg means a speed restriction for that particular stretch of road and is valid until the next exit or another sign recalling the restriction .

That is so worldwide.

Well those particular signs with the number 90 on it are repeated after every entrance to the highway from Pattaya to at least Laem Chabang, but might even extend further.

"That is so worldwide" - is it? Not sure it is in Thailand and I am also not convinced that they are repeated after every entrance but I could be wrong - also they only appeared a year (2 years maybe) or so ago and before that there was nothing......

Also from memory don't the 90 signs only start after the 36 going north?

More bickering/off topic posts removed.

Discuss/debate the topic please NOT the poster.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Where is this new Toll Plaza anyways ?... I cannot find KM 122 on google maps....

Is it down near the Laem Chabang exit ?

It's at the small Nongprue turn off, which is the one before the railway road.

One correction to the OP, there are a few warning signs prior to the roadworks, I drove through there yesterday and saw them.

Edit: Apolgies, re-read the original post, which is correct, there are warning signs.

Edited by Woody1

So is there going to be a toll for entering and exiting Pattaya on the 7? If so, how much?

No. There's already a tollbooth bypass on the south side where they relocated the feeder around the back of the current tollbooth construction. They have laid the drains and are currently surfacing a similar tolbooth bypass on the north side.

Where is this new Toll Plaza anyways ?... I cannot find KM 122 on google maps....

Is it down near the Laem Chabang exit ?

It's at the small Nongprue turn off, which is the one before the railway road.

One correction to the OP, there are a few warning signs prior to the roadworks, I drove through there yesterday and saw them.

Edit: Apolgies, re-read the original post, which is correct, there are warning signs.

Yeah came through there on the weekend.

The roadworks are well notified with signage.

Only a blind (literally/alcohol) person would get to the actual roadworks at warp speed without noticing them.