Non-O requirements in Udon

Know this has been asked a few times but my search is not working properly. For years I have been going to Savannakhet purely for the convenience and simplicity of my ability to get my visa there. All last year however I was on 4 week swings so I didn't bother getting a visa. This year I have decided to try immigration in Udon. I am married and have 2 kids but what exactly will immigration in Udon need from me to get a Non-O visa. I would now also prefer to just start my 90 day reporting instead of bailing every 3 months. Cheers.

If you want a Non-O visa that cannot be obtained from immigration.

Are you wanting to apply for an "extension of stay based on marriage"?

If so you will need a single entry "O" visa obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate and be able to evidence 400K Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 40k Bht/month.

Not sure what Visa you're trying to get but a marriage Visa is fairly easy to get if you're legally married in Thailand and in your home country (stamped by the embassy). The guys at the Immigration office in Udon is very helpful and kind.

All you need is (as far as I can remember):

- A non-o visa from another country (I recommend Vientienne, Laos) with the purpose of obtaining a marriage visa. Return to Udon Imm. Office when there's 30 days left.

- Proof of marriage from Amphur you went to when you got married.

- Photos of your wife and you together in and outside of the given address' house/appartment, including in the bed (no joke).

- Proof of income (40,000 baht) or 400,000 in Thai Bank account. You will need to give your proof of income to your embassy and they'll give you a stamped paper in return.

- Thai address, self-drawn map description, an interview by the police that will pay you a visit at the address and confirmation from a neighbor.

If you're kind to them, they'll be likewise. Play with their rules (you know what I mean) and you'll have your marriage visa in less than a month.

Retirement visa I have no experience with, but I'm sure you'll get all the answers you need here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what Visa you're trying to get but a marriage Visa is fairly easy to get if you're legally married in Thailand and in your home country (stamped by the embassy). The guys at the Immigration office in Udon is very helpful and kind.

- A non-o visa from another country (I recommend Vientienne, Laos) with the purpose of obtaining a marriage visa. Return to Udon Imm. Office when there's 30 days left.

- Photos of your wife and you together in and outside of the given address' house/appartment, including in the bed (no joke).

- Proof of income (40,000 baht) or 400,000 in Thai Bank account. You will need to give your proof of income to your embassy and they'll give you a stamped paper in return.

- Thai address, self-drawn map description, an interview by the police that will pay you a visit at the address and confirmation from a neighbor.

If you're kind to them, they'll be likewise. Play with their rules (you know what I mean) and you'll have your marriage visa in less than a month.

Retirement visa I have no experience with, but I'm sure you'll get all the answers you need here.

"If you're kind to them, they'll be likewise. Play with their rules (you know what I mean) and you'll have your marriage visa in less than a month."

Are you sure a "Marriage Visa" will be issued in less than a month ?

If you have one of these "VISAS" can you scan and post a picture of the visa ?

48a251e8bcdb7887747775f00534058a.jpg

This is the last stamp I got from Udon Imm. Office before I travelled back to Norway. It's a single re-entry stamp. It doesn't say it is a marriage visa. It never does. It says it is a Non-O visa. But I got this visa on the basis of marriage. It's a marriage visa.

There is also a receipt on the next page which confirms my address and says which date I must return to reconfirm it.

48a251e8bcdb7887747775f00534058a.jpg

This is the last stamp I got from Udon Imm. Office before I travelled back to Norway. It's a single re-entry stamp. It doesn't say it is a marriage visa. It never does. It says it is a Non-O visa. But I got this visa on the basis of marriage. It's a marriage visa.

There is also a receipt on the next page which confirms my address and says which date I must return to reconfirm it.

What you show is a re-entry permit which does not indicate a VALID non "O" visa is held.

The "O" visa referred to is likely long ago expired and the reference is only related to the visa originally used to gain entry to the country.

If you have to "confirm your address" every 90 days you have an "extension of stay" not a "Visa"

So I have to leave the country anyway? Lol I think I'll just keep going to Savannakhet once a year how ridiculous that it is easier to do outside the country. Can I not get some sort of visa for having dependant children without actually having to cross a border?

@Sunnyjim5

It's valid until 3. May. Just use your eyes.

The Non-Immigrant visa I got in Vientienne february 2015 I have on another page contains my name, which I don't have any interest of posting here. What you are thinking of is a retirement visa. I can't get that as I'm only 30. With marriage visa you need to confirm your stay every 90 days. Does not cost anything. Same for everyone.

Edited by HOAX

So I have to leave the country anyway? Lol I think I'll just keep going to Savannakhet once a year how ridiculous that it is easier to do outside the country. Can I not get some sort of visa for having dependant children without actually having to cross a border?

Well, you need to go outside of Thailand only once, the very first time to get the Non-O visa. After a year you renew your Marriage visa in At your local immigration office.

• Like 1

I have also heard the embassy at Vientiane is an absolute nightmare what would I have to show the embassy there to get my single entry non-o? Then I go to immigration and show all that other shit just to get an extension of stay? No drama with the financials and the marriage cert all the rest just sounds like rubbish no wonder Savannakhet is a popular option. Think I'd just rather leave every 90 days than report to the plod anyway. Will I get 90 days on a land border or do I have to fly out? Cheers.

If you are married all that is needed is a single entry non"O" visa and 400k Bht in the bank or 40k Bht /month certified income. You can then apply for a one year "extension of stay based on marriage" from your local immigration office.

I have also heard the embassy at Vientiane is an absolute nightmare what would I have to show the embassy there to get my single entry non-o? Then I go to immigration and show all that other shit just to get an extension of stay? No drama with the financials and the marriage cert all the rest just sounds like rubbish no wonder Savannakhet is a popular option. Think I'd just rather leave every 90 days than report to the plod anyway. Will I get 90 days on a land border or do I have to fly out? Cheers.

I am sure your attitude will ensure you get exactly what you need and deserve !smile.png

Yeah I have also heard someone say they have had bad experiences from Vientienne. I personally only have had good experiences from there, both when I applied for Tourist visas and last time when I applied for Non-O visa.

I can't remember exactly what papers you need to bring with you to Vientienne. You can ask about that at the immigration office, but it is some papers yes.

You don't have to fly in or out.

I am sure your attitude will ensure you get exactly what you need and deserve !smile.png

Surprisingly I have quite a good attitude ;) I just don't understand what pictures of me and my missus in bed and a hand drawn map is meant to be an indication of. My 2 kids should be sufficient for that perhaps. Regardless I still think it is funny that I can so easily get a multiple Non-o in Savannakhet yet if I rock into the Immigration office where I live with my missus and children I am required to jump through so many hoops.

If so you will need a single entry "O" visa obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate and be able to evidence 400K Bht in a Thai bank or a certified income of 40k Bht/month.

Your first sentence is soo wrong.

Non O visa are available in country.

Check Udon immigration to see if they will do the conversion.

Some offices do some don't.

Cheers mate had heard that but wasn't sure if it was a rumour or not I'll give it a go

Non O visa are available in country.

Check Udon immigration to see if they will do the conversion.

Some offices do some don't.

Never heard of that. I could be wrong of course. You say conversion, but conversion of what? 60 days tourist visa or?

It was Udon immigration office that told me I need to go outside of Thailand to obtain a Non-O visa. If he plan on staying in Udon he need to deal with Udon Imm office as I have both been told by the Immigration office in Samut Prakan and Koh Samui only the Imm office in the region of my address in Thailand can do it, at leased when it comes to 90 days reporting. The only exception may be doing it on their website.

You can do a conversion of say a setv, but as I understand it, you would need to go to CW, bkk.

Better option is to go to loas. and obtain non o. As already outlined by others. Once you have that you will apply for extension in udon within last 30 days. Easy process and good option for you. If you then wish to leave country make sure you obtain single or multiple reentry permit. You can do that at airport if flying.

You only ever need to do your 90 day report if you are in Los for 90 days. Personally for example I have never done a report in 2 years because always fly out most weeks.

Good luck.

Edited by jacksam

Your first sentence is soo wrong.

Not really.

You can convert to Non Imm O Visa only as part of applying for 12 month extension.

It usually means two trips to Bangkok to do it.

For most it is easier to visit a Thai Consulate to obtain one.

Edited by Eclipse

What you a looking to achieve is a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage (1,900 baht). To do that you need to enter the country with a non immigrant visa. That entry can be achieved two ways.

• You can get a single entry non 'O' visa from Vientiane or Savannakhet (2,000 baht) with your original marriage certificate and without showing any financial information.
  • On re-entry you will be granted a 90 day stay.
  • During the last 30 days of that stay you can go to the Udon office and apply for the extension of stay. You will need to show 400K baht being in your Thai bank account for at least 60 days or a certified (by your embassy) income of 40K per month.

OR

• You go through an admin process at an immigration office that converts your current entry to a non immigrant entry, followed by an application for an extension of stay. I don't know if Udon will do this and you may have to do it in Bangkok.
  • You need at least 15 days of your current stay remaining and it would require two visits to the immigration office.
    1. On the first visit you pay 2,000 baht for them to process an application for a non immigrant visa for the purpose of later applying for an extension of stay. You will need the 400k in your account on the day you apply or a certified income of 40K pm.
    2. On the second visit, usually two weeks later, they will stamp a non 'O' visa in your passport that will immediately be used so they can also stamp a new 90 day permit to stay.
  • At this point, after two visits to immigration, all you have is a 90 day stay granted by a non immigrant visa, which is the same as having physically entered the country with a non immigrant visa.
  • During the last 30 days of that stay you can go to the Udon office and apply for the extension of stay. You will need to show, again, 400K baht being in your Thai bank account for at least 60 days or a certified (by your embassy) income of 40K per month.
Edited by elviajero

<p>

What you a looking to achieve is a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage (1,900 baht). To do that you need to enter the country with a non immigrant visa. That entry can be achieved two ways.

• You can get a single entry non 'O' visa from Vientiane or Savannakhet (2,000 baht) with your original marriage certificate and without showing any financial information.
  • On re-entry you will be granted a 90 day stay.
  • During the last 30 days of that stay you can go to the Udon office and apply for the extension of stay. You will need to show 400K baht being in your Thai bank account for at least 60 days or a certified (by your embassy) income of 40K per month.
OR
  • You go through an admin process at an immigration office that converts your current entry to a non immigrant entry, followed by an application for an extension of stay. I don't know if Udon will do this and you may have to do it in Bangkok.
  • You need at least 15 days of your current stay remaining and it would require two visits to the immigration office.
    • On the first visit you pay 2,000 baht for them to process an application for a non immigrant visa for the purpose of later applying for an extension of stay. You will need the 400k in your account on the day you apply or a certified income of 40K pm.
    • On the second visit, usually two weeks later, they will stamp a non 'O' visa in your passport that will immediately be used so they can also stamp a new 90 day permit to stay.
  • At this point, after two visits to immigration, all you have is a 90 day stay granted by a non immigrant visa, which is the same as having physically entered the country with a non immigrant visa.
  • During the last 30 days of that stay you can go to the Udon office and apply for the extension of stay. You will need to show, again, 400K baht being in your Thai bank account for at least 60 days or a certified (by your embassy) income of 40K per month.

Cool thanks for that much appreciated

It is very easy to get a single entry non 'O' from Vientiane. The only problem is it can get busy, especially on Mondays and Thursdays when the visa run companies are there.

If you stick with the multiple entry visa you can apply to extend your 90 day stays by 60 days on the basis of visiting your wife.