Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

@Post 629

"Whether it be in sports, education business or career I have never spent 5 minutes considering what "the other guy may do". blink.png

Good Luck with that. clap2.gif

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."

"If know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat."

"If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yes, I've had nothing but good luck with that mindset, although I tend not to think of it as luck.

Anyhow, using your own Sun Tzu's words, it doesn't seem like Democrats are entering "battle" as prepared as they might be. What I see is a sanguine lot, prone to using ridicule as their chief offense and defense, afraid of self examination of their own weaknesses and deficiencies, dependent on a co-opted media to protect it from examination of it's own corruptness. Hey, that may work out, but 7 months is a long time in politics and the media and the electorate can be fickle.

edit: and let's assume you are victorious. Starting a 4 year term, how much goodwill have you garnered? Is your own party even fully behind you? Will the fracturing that has beset the Republicans be visited on the Democrats? I think the answer is yes. Either in an orderly fashion at the ballot box, now, or in a destructive fashion like the Republicans, later.

Edited by lannarebirth

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Sanders get the Presidency but I think it will be very hard for him to overtake Clinton.

Poll after poll shows that Clinton or Sanders would easily beat Trump, whom I think will most probably be the Republican candidate.

I honestly can't see Trump defying all odds/polls and winning the Presidency.

Democrats are extremely short sighted with their campaign to crown HRC at any cost. Not only does she poll worse against all Republicans (losing to some), than does Bernie Sanders, she polls worse than Sanders head to head.

I could easily see Trump beating Hillary once she and the DNC have disposed of Bernie Sanders. Maybe an FBI indictment comes up. Maybe it's only rumors or leaks from inside the FBI. Maybe some Democrat Party members file a class action suit against the DNC for marginalizing them in favor of their own interests. Maybe RICO charges against the DNC. Other organizations behaving similarly have received them (OK, maybe not from this AG and admin). My point is Dems are really putting themselves at risk by carrying the water for a candidate almost no one likes.

Neither Hillary Clinton's campaign, nor Bernie Sanders campaign have anything to do with stopping Trump's campaign for the Republican party nomination for Potus.

No one on the far out extreme right wants to talk about or defend Donald Trump, nor can they. Trump is not all there upstairs.

No one can defend the Republican party either, however the already shattered remnants of it may be presently defined.

No party in the current and ongoing disarray and chaos of the Republican party has won an election for Potus. This year is no exception. The constant steady march of the right in its drumbeat focus on HRC and the D party cannot save the reactionary and radical right.

This is true no matter who leads the Republican party in to the general election, to include John Kasich who, as governor of Ohio, is going to have to deal with the disorder in Cleveland inside the convention and outside of it.

Taken together, HRC's self-sworn and hard core, hard bitten enemies and the submerging Republican minority fail to add up to a win. The numbers are not there. Same as Trump's brain is not all there.

Through the course of my life , whether it be in sports, education business or career I have never spent 5 minutes considering what "the other guy may do". I'm always focused on my own preparation. If that is proper, satisfactory results follow. For better or worse I'm a Democrat now. So my focus is on my own candidates, not whoever the other guy is. Are they best they can be? What are their weaknesses? One I find acceptable, one I find sorely lacking in a number of areas. You may find the strategy of hurling insults at the opposing squad an effective game plan, but I do not.

The thread and the topic are Trump and whether it may be too late for the Institutional Republican Party to prevent his winning the nomination at the convention.

The Democratic party has no say in ongoing events and other catastrophes occurring over there in the Republican party. Very few self-described Independents have anything to do whatsoever either.

The post I quoted and replied to is almost all conjecture and speculation that was neither idle nor was its locus Donald Trump. Your post was, as usual, the steady and starvation diet against HRC and also the DNC. However, Trump and the Republican party are the central topic and that is what my post called to your attention.

This thread is indeed about the surviving ragtag Republicans in their party giving Trump a tap on the shoulder then whacking him in the chops. They can't wait, yet it is a big gamble over there. The HRC tappers and whackers have other threads simultaneously or at other times. The in or out of the Democratic party tappers and whackers over and out there.

(Can't know the players without a scorecard theze dayze, updated daily. The Poop Sheet. There is btw good news. Never mind the scorecard cuz the Poop Sheet remains the constant.)

Carry on.

@Post #632

Speak for yourself.

The multitude of your assumptions is staggering.

A common deficiency amoung myopic TV posters. (Marginalizing, labeling etc...)

Anyhow, back to the calamity that is Trump.

I am more concerned with a buffoon who aspires to be President of the United States who speaks like this:

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”

Edited by iReason

.... The HRC tappers and whackers have other threads simultaneously or at other times. The in or out of the Democratic party tappers and whackers over and out there......

Carry on.

The thing is, and I can't find the reference article just now, is that something like 83% of all media output regarding the presidential primaries is about Trump. I don't find him interesting at all, as a candidate, only as a usurper of the Republican establishment interests. The very same battle is going on in the Democrat party. The Republicans crumbled like a house of cards as will the Democrats. The only interesting aspect for me is whether or not that plays out at the ballot box now or during Hillary Clinton's first term, truncated though it may be.

.... The HRC tappers and whackers have other threads simultaneously or at other times. The in or out of the Democratic party tappers and whackers over and out there......

Carry on.

The thing is, and I can't find the reference article just now, is that something like 83% of all media output regarding the presidential primaries is about Trump. I don't find him interesting at all, as a candidate, only as a usurper of the Republican establishment interests. The very same battle is going on in the Democrat party. The Republicans crumbled like a house of cards as will the Democrats. The only interesting aspect for me is whether or not that plays out at the ballot box now or during Hillary Clinton's first term, truncated though it may be.

truncated though it may be.

If anyone is buying this superpatriot rightwhinger cloak and dagger intelligence bureaucracy and their IG stuff then there's some great land for sale in Florida they'd also want to know about. (Bring your swamp pumper btw.)

Some people spend their lifetime not worrying about the other guy unless she happens to be a gal. As is occurring in Campaign 2016.

Advocating Sen Sanders (or Trump) should be enough. To advocate. But it is not enough nor has it been enough. And it won't ever be enough. The sudden (apparently sudden) confession of becoming or being a Democrat "for better or for worse" is convenient while one continues to tap and whack HRC daily and with an enthusiasm not otherwise applied to anyone else on the run running for Potus. Even remotely applied.

Which brings us back to Donald Trump, the guy who isn't all there upstairs and why Trump is the topic of the thread. Yesterday he told Japan and South Korea to go nuclear cause he'd take all our weapons back home with him.

The scariest part of this isn't what Trump said, it is that the guy HimSelf already glows in the dark.

Trump's brain.

(Some of us go where the action is btw. Especially when the 'action' needs to be halted at its appropriate time and in the proper way. With the proper focus on the dominant and decisive American political center middle. Also btw, kindly do not present a sliver of someone's post in a nestled quote. After all, one should always try to do the right thing eh. )

Carry on.

If anyone is buying this superpatriot rightwhinger cloak and dagger intelligence bureaucracy and their IG stuff then there's some great land for sale in Florida they'd also want to know about. (Bring your swamp pumper btw.)

Some people spend their lifetime not worrying about the other guy unless she happens to be a gal. As is occurring in Campaign 2016.

Advocating Sen Sanders (or Trump) should be enough. To advocate. But it is not enough nor has it been enough. And it won't ever be enough. The sudden (apparently sudden) confession of becoming or being a Democrat "for better or for worse" is convenient while one continues to tap and whack HRC daily and with an enthusiasm not otherwise applied to anyone else on the run running for Potus. Even remotely applied.

Which brings us back to Donald Trump, the guy who isn't all there upstairs and why Trump is the topic of the thread. Yesterday he told Japan and South Korea to go nuclear cause he'd take all our weapons back home with him.

The scariest part of this isn't what Trump said, it is that the guy HimSelf already glows in the dark.

Trump's brain.

(Some of us go where the action is btw. Especially when the 'action' needs to be halted at its appropriate time and in the proper way. With the proper focus on the dominant and decisive American political center middle. Also btw, kindly do not present a sliver of someone's post in a nestled quote. After all, one should always try to do the right thing eh. )

You talk as if the caucus/primary season were already over and that two nominees have already emerged. That just isn't the case. So, I'm going to focus on the only race I care about. I've already looked at the Republican field and found them wanting. I'm done with the Republicans, for now and the rest of the 2016 election season. So, if you don't mind I'm going to focus on the Democrat primary which is still underway. This is the whole of the election in my mind. If HRC becomes the nominee my interest in the 2016 elections is over. My only interest after that will be how do I protect my family from the consequences of a HRC or Trump victory.

Carry on.

Trump's brain.

You talk as if the caucus/primary season were already over and that two nominees have already emerged. That just isn't the case. So, I'm going to focus on the only race I care about. I've already looked at the Republican field and found them wanting. I'm done with the Republicans, for now and the rest of the 2016 election season. So, if you don't mind I'm going to focus on the Democrat primary which is still underway. This is the whole of the election in my mind. If HRC becomes the nominee my interest in the 2016 elections is over. My only interest after that will be how do I protect my family from the consequences of a HRC or Trump victory.

I completely understand your view, but my faith in the Constitution prevents me from being so fatalistic. I and my family will get through fine either a Clinton or Trump administration. Hell, I've made a good portion of my living in communist or quasi-commie countries, so governed by a Fascist State under Trump or a Nepotistic bankster state under Clinton is not the end of the world for me.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear you can get odds in Vegas right now for impeachment of either candidate in the first term. wink.png

Trump's brain.

Clinton for the D's and Trump for the R's are the odds-on favorites to emerge at the appointed time and place as the nominees. They are in fact the odds-on-steroids favorites, 1-25 for HRC (96.1%) and for Trump 1-4 or 80%. Been the same since March 16th as odds don't move anywhere near or like the movements of polls.

This poster has not made any calls and is but awaiting what happens at the conventions too. Cleveland will be a political bloodbath either way. It's nonetheless helpful to remember a couple of famous political quotes that might apply to this year's campaign and candidate chaos.

"Anytime you see a stop somebody movement you can bet on somebody because he always wins." It's unfortunate Richard Nixon said it but he remains 100% politically correct. Edit: modify to "he/she".

"You can't beat somebody with nobody." This is an old political adage whose origin is attributed to a dozen different people and it continues to remain true and valid. Almost everyone agrees the Not Trump people need a one-on-one between Trump vs Cruz, or Trump vs Kasich. Cruz is of course better positioned presently, which is why the focus is on the national convention in mid-July.

Bernie Sanders is not a nobody so HRC will need to be adept and savvy in handling Bernie the rest of the way to include at the national convention the last week of July. However, there had never been a possibility HRC would have got all the voters who have come out for Bernie. Even before Bernie announced and even while he was catching fire, HRC never had nor did HRC need the number of voters who have come out to vote for him. HRC in November needs for instance only to match President Obama's percentage of the 18-29 year old vote. That's barely breaking a light sweat.

Sen Sanders future in Congress lies with his past and present ties to the Democratic party leadership. This includes the convention speaking time we can fully expect he will have without any question.

A party quadrennial national nominating convention is defining and definitive for November. Memories suddenly and instantly go blank while eyes go wide looking toward the November general. There is but rare exception (R's in 1964; R's in 2016 coming soon).

Typically, each party airs a lot of dirty laundry during its convention until the final day when the nomination is voted and the acceptance speech is made. Then the party walks out in its finest clothes. This time R's will hit the exits still in their dirty laundry. So you're missing a lot by choosing to target the D party for your tap and whack routine 24/7. (Meaning of course your public announcement above that you will commit your time the rest of the way against HRC.)

I'll repost my statement above in my reply to your saying you never in your lifetime pay attention to what the other guy does:

Edited by Publicus

I completely understand your view, but my faith in the Constitution prevents me from being so fatalistic. I and my family will get through fine either a Clinton or Trump administration. Hell, I've made a good portion of my living in communist or quasi-commie countries, so governed by a Fascist State under Trump or a Nepotistic bankster state under Clinton is not the end of the world for me.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear you can get odds in Vegas right now for impeachment of either candidate in the first term. wink.png

A Trump Presidency would probably be less damaging overall as he would have both parties in Congress opposing everything he does

A Trump Presidency would probably be less damaging overall as he would have both parties in Congress opposing everything he does

Strictly speaking, that might be true, but at least with Clinton you would get a consistent governing hand (4 hands actually including Bill) for day-to-day business of running government. With Trump, it would just be chaos.

Trump's brain.

I didn't mean to come across as so fatalistic. Me and mine are going to be fine either way. I do have college age children though and I'd like to see some positive changes begin to happen instead of the steady decline I've witnessed these past 25 years. They'll end up in the top 5%-10% probably regardless, which is where they'll need to be to be ok. America's been awfully good to me, a kid who grew up poor and I just hate seeing this withering of the middle class.

If I were fatalistic and the nihilist Pub likes to accuse me of being I'd be rallying around Trump as an agent of change, first bad of course and then maybe good. I'd prefer that doesn't happen and that's why I like Sanders even though I'm very aware he can't accomplish much of his agenda. He at least starts from a place of good intention and can progress from there.

"Anytime you see a stop somebody movement you can bet on somebody because he always wins." It's unfortunate Richard Nixon said it but he remains 100% politically correct. Edit: modify to "he/she".

"You can't beat somebody with nobody." This is an old political adage whose origin is attributed to a dozen different people and it continues to remain true and valid.

I like those and agree. That's why I don't understand all the Trump bashing, which engenders some sympathetic support. He's perfectly capable of bashing himself. You just need to make sure you present a candidate he can't plausibly bash similarly.

As an outsider looking in....If Trump should get the nomination when he faces up to a real politician in Clinton certainly in policy she will cut him to ribbons, she don't have the razzamatazz like the golden boy what she has is real experience in government and for us watching this circus we all hope the Trump does not make president.

LOL you are too funny. Watch and learn.

what about this?

The obvious fake? What about it?

just proved it to be true

"You can't beat somebody with nobody." This is an old political adage whose origin is attributed to a dozen different people and it continues to remain true and valid.

I like those and agree. That's why I don't understand all the Trump bashing, which engenders some sympathetic support. He's perfectly capable of bashing himself. You just need to make sure you present a candidate he can't plausibly bash similarly.

Those here who have lived through even one Potus general election primary season, to include the national convention, but especially even one general election campaign, could easily tend to question whether the poster had ever been through even one cycle of it himself. Or through any national election where democracy exists, such as the Republic of France, or the UK, to include places such as Italy, Australia.

Kindly reread the post to see how inside the bubble it can sound. And does.

Biggest error is to attempt to speak to Democrats.

It's the Republicans who decide when to swift boat etc and to whitewater etc the other guy, er, gal. The post suggests the D party needs to nominate someone the Republican party and the R candidates running for Potus and VPotus can't possibly bash "similarly" whatever 'similarly' might mean.

Fact is it means absolutely nothing.

So the whole of the short post just rang up a very high bell...laffer of the month. laugh.png

Anyone trying to tell the Democratic Party they need to nominate someone for Potus the Republican Party won't bash, or won't bash "similarly" would need to rethink his contact with reality. (Vice-versa speaking to the R party of course.)

I didn't mean to come across as so fatalistic. Me and mine are going to be fine either way. I do have college age children though and I'd like to see some positive changes begin to happen instead of the steady decline I've witnessed these past 25 years. They'll end up in the top 5%-10% probably regardless, which is where they'll need to be to be ok. America's been awfully good to me, a kid who grew up poor and I just hate seeing this withering of the middle class.

If I were fatalistic and the nihilist Pub likes to accuse me of being I'd be rallying around Trump as an agent of change, first bad of course and then maybe good. I'd prefer that doesn't happen and that's why I like Sanders even though I'm very aware he can't accomplish much of his agenda. He at least starts from a place of good intention and can progress from there.

If I were fatalistic and the nihilist Pub likes to accuse me of being

Nihilist for sure but I don't specifically recall fatalistic so kindly bring me up to date if possible thx.

The campaign has anyway and only begun to get contentious. Seven months to go to election day. wink.png After all, you don't pay attention to the other guy until she suddenly appears as a gal. Then you dedicate your political existence against her.

He at least starts from a place of good intention and can progress from there.

Bernie is awesome yet it's highly likely he'd only extend further the pavement on that road to hell.
It is a given Trump is the ignoramous of the year who would only make things worse. Or to disappear.
However, I'm not sure Bernie knows more than three CCP names in China (I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on one). Or that Bernie knows more than two BJP party leaders running the government of India (I might give him the benefit of the doubt on one). Or whether Mexico might be a member of Nato (it is not).

Nihilist for sure but I don't specifically recall fatalistic so kindly bring me up to date if possible thx.

The campaign has anyway and only begun to get contentious. Seven months to go to election day. wink.png After all, you don't pay attention to the other guy until she suddenly appears as a gal. Then you dedicate your political existence against her.

Bernie is awesome yet it's highly likely he'd only extend further the pavement on that road to hell.
It is a given Trump is the ignoramous of the year who would only make things worse. Or to disappear.
However, I'm not sure Bernie knows more than three CCP names in China (I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on one). Or that Bernie knows more than two BJP party leaders running the government of India (I might give him the benefit of the doubt on one). Or whether Mexico might be a member of Nato (it is not).

Your point is well taken, that Bernie, bless his heart, is perhaps even more of a local yokel than even Trump. At least Trump has his own 757 he can jet off to Scotland in (oops, I forgot, they don't want him there...or anywhere come to think of itlaugh.png ). Anyway, I'd be willing to bet that Trump has probably been to more countries than Bernie can count, but neither one of them is qualified in matters of foreign affairs. The difference is that Bernie will hire an expert and he will take that expert's views under advisement. That is evident from his reasoned rhetoric and evidence to date. Trump, who no self-respecting Condoleeza-loving foreign policy expert would deign to serve, has yet to snare a signature-quality foreign policy expert, and could not be trusted to listen to him/her anyway.

To be honest, few recent Presidents have ever been very international, with the exception of guys like George H.W., who ran that 3 letter organization which has been known to fly in and out of weird places globally and be naughty.

Referring to the OP,

the NRC and GOP and the disengious media are doing there best.

Lying Ted Cruz is stealing Trumps delegates

http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016/03/how-cruz-plans-to-get-the-nomination-with-trump-delegates/

There is a larger, more sinister problem looming, for awhile...

which most don't know about...

WHAT EVERY VOTER NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT TED CRUZ
Published on Feb 18, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXcYCwaBKnQ#t=773

Even more juicy Trump stuff from an EX-supporter.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

I don’t think even Trump thought he would get this far. And I don’t even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all. He certainly was never prepared or equipped to go all the way to the White House, but his ego has now taken over the driver’s seat, and nothing else matters. The Donald does not fail. The Donald does not have any weakness. The Donald is his own biggest enemy.

The hard truth is: Trump only cares about Trump.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/03/28/trump_super_pac_director_stephanie_cegielski_writes_letter_on_why_she_s.html

Your point is well taken, that Bernie, bless his heart, is perhaps even more of a local yokel than even Trump. At least Trump has his own 757 he can jet off to Scotland in (oops, I forgot, they don't want him there...or anywhere come to think of itlaugh.png ). Anyway, I'd be willing to bet that Trump has probably been to more countries than Bernie can count, but neither one of them is qualified in matters of foreign affairs. The difference is that Bernie will hire an expert and he will take that expert's views under advisement. That is evident from his reasoned rhetoric and evidence to date. Trump, who no self-respecting Condoleeza-loving foreign policy expert would deign to serve, has yet to snare a signature-quality foreign policy expert, and could not be trusted to listen to him/her anyway.

To be honest, few recent Presidents have ever been very international, with the exception of guys like George H.W., who ran that 3 letter organization which has been known to fly in and out of weird places globally and be naughty.

Apologies for the bad from in quoting my own post, but this is strictly concerning Trump's foreign policy, and here's a guy who's done an analysis and summary which starkly shows how clueless this guy is:

1) Trump doesn't really understand the post-WWII international order

2) Trump wants to sell American credibility for money

3) Trump wants America to become more like a rogue state

4) Trump sees himself as applying business savvy to foreign policy, but shows profound ignorance of even basic business concepts

5) Trump just does not understand how foreign policy works

http://www.vox.com/2016/3/28/11318722/trump-foreign-policy

That's right you shallow narcissist.

Think about it. You will never become President of the United States.

Never.

And in trying to do so, with your pathetic gamble, you will lose all of the puny credibility you once had.

Som nam naa.

I can't wait.

laugh.png

post-206952-0-83716000-1459275590_thumb.

That's right you shallow narcissist.

Think about it. You will never become President of the United States.

Never.

And in trying to do so, with your pathetic gamble, you will lose all of the puny credibility you once had.

Som nam naa.

I can't wait.

laugh.png

Is this how you get your kicks? I fail to see what you are talking about. Everyone already knows Trump's a narcissist. He's gambled nothing and he never had any credibility. The fact that you "can't wait" says far more about your psychological make up than his. Trump is nothing. The story is the discontent with the status quo that allows for a Trump. That's not going away and its next manifestation may have you longing for the days when you only had Trump to worry about.

^^^

The Machine will never allow Trump or your "manifestations".

Get used to it.

You say: "I fail to see what you are talking about" And yet, you have an analysis of it. blink.png

"Trump is nothing"

That is correct. Trump is a mere pimple on the ass of time.

He will be popped soon.

To the relief of thinking people.

thumbsup.gif

"The story is the discontent with the status quo" "That's not going away..."

How quaint. clap2.gif

Edited by iReason

^^^

Get used to it.

You say: "I fail to see what you are talking about" And yet, you have an analysis of it. blink.png

"Trump is nothing"

He will be popped soon.

thumbsup.gif

How quaint. clap2.gif

Still waiting.

Have said that even though support Bernie, in a Trump Hillary campaign I and would vote Trump

Many have said that's crazy ... But look... Even Susan Sarandon saying the same.. So looks like may not be the only one...

Like this quote---

"Well, you know, some people feel Donald Trump will bring the revolution immediately,” Sarandon said. “If he gets in, then things will really explode"

http://theslot.jezebel.com/heres-susan-sarandon-suggesting-donald-trump-might-be-b-1767699340

The story is the discontent with the status quo that allows for a Trump. That's not going away and its next manifestation may have you longing for the days when you only had Trump to worry about.

At this point in the process we see (and we certainly hear) the opposition to Trump above the waterline. While the right is focused on the deck chairs, what matters is that the mass of opposition to him has yet to manifest in the general election (assuming Trump is the R party nominee). The mass and hard opposition below the waterline is not only inevitable, it is going to sink him. It will manifest as the big slam on election day in November.

His recent attacks on Mr. Cruz’s wife and soaring unpopularity among women, minorities and college-educated voters have left many in the party more convinced than ever that, with Mr. Trump as their standard-bearer, they are churning toward a political iceberg this fall.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/us/politics/ted-cruz-names-friends-but-silence-from-gop-brass-deafens.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Since 1980 elections of Potus are decided in the suburbs.

Reagan in 1980 chose the absolute darling of suburban Republican women, GHW Bush and it swept the ticket to victory. They easily carried GHW through his own election in 1988. Suburban Republican women didn't like any of the three of 'em however in 1992 and GHW got evicted.

Yes to Bill Clinton in 1996. Too many of 'em stayed home again on election day 2000. GW Bush was reelected in 2004 by 26 Electoral College votes so the GOP gals didn't like him much either.

Yes to Obama and yes again to Obama. Hillary Clinton in 2016 is a piece of cake. Fifty percent of suburban Republican women get morning sickness when they see and hear Donald Trump, 24/7.

The discontent is against the Republican party and Donald Trump. The mass of the electoral iceberg that no one will see until November is going to rip apart the both of 'em.

From a review of the updated edition of It's Even Worse Than It Looks by two savvy political authors, one D and one R....

The updated edition of It’s Even Worse Than It Looks by Thomas Mann and Norm Ornstein has a new title, It's Even Worse Than It Was.

“In this revised edition, the authors bring their seminal book up-to-date in a political environment that is more divided than ever

"The underlying dynamics of the situation—extremist Republicans holding government hostage to their own ideological, anti-government beliefs—have only gotten worse, further bolstering their argument that Republicans are not merely ideologically different from Democrats, but engaged in a unique form of politics that undermines the system itself. Without a fundamental change in the character and course of the Republican Party, we may have a long way to go before we hit rock bottom.”

http://www.amazon.com/Even-Worse-Than-Looks-Constitutional/dp/0465096204/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1459174709&sr=8-1&keywords=It%27s+Even+Worse+Than+It+Looks&linkCode=sl1&tag=youwonnowwhat&linkId=1d2ba859a081b1122ee286a0e2c862bd

Not quite sure one could properly say thank you to the Republican party but current discontents start there far more than any where else. Going back decades. They (and their fellow travellers) started it and they are carrying it on. Now the rest of us are going to end it.

Edited by Publicus

^^^

Get used to it.

"Trump is nothing"

He will be popped soon.

thumbsup.gif

How quaint. clap2.gif

unsure.pnghuh.pngblink.png

edit: crazy.gif

Edited by lannarebirth

Have said that even though support Bernie, in a Trump Hillary campaign I and would vote Trump

Many have said that's crazy ... But look... Even Susan Sarandon saying the same.. So looks like may not be the only one...

Like this quote---

"Well, you know, some people feel Donald Trump will bring the revolution immediately,” Sarandon said. “If he gets in, then things will really explode"

http://theslot.jezebel.com/heres-susan-sarandon-suggesting-donald-trump-might-be-b-1767699340

That is not a voting strategy I favor, but it could happen.

its next manifestation may have you longing for the days when you only had Trump to worry about.

Futile cries from the out there political margins which can seem as rather menacing political threats betray a bitter hostility seldom seen in American politics.

The American political system and culture are designed to reject the extremes, so the remote right will have to learn to live with it.

Disposing electorally of the American Mussolini will be the most welcome end of it.