Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know about 88 before.

Perhaps I've lived a sheltered life.

Of course most Trump supporters aren't neo-Nazis but if you meet an American neo-Nazi chances are he's a TRUMPIST.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_%28number%29#In_white_nationalism

In white nationalism[edit]

Neo-Nazis use the number 88 as an abbreviation for the Nazi salute Heil Hitler.[3] The letter H is eighth in the alphabet, whereby 88 becomes HH.

Of course most Trump supporters aren't neo-Nazis but if you meet an American neo-Nazi chances are he's a TRUMPIST.

That's as true as me saying that chances are every idle, lazy, hand out for welfare useless bum is a Clinton supporter.

You must be agreeing with Jingthing then because "every idle, lazy, hand out for welfare useless bum" IS a Clinton supporter.

^^^

"The places with high concentrations of these self-described Americans turn out to be the places Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has performed the strongest."

"Mr. Trump has his share of support from the affluent and the well educated,

but in the places where support for Mr. Trump runs the strongest, the proportion of the white population that didn’t finish high school is relatively high."

"So is the proportion of working-age adults who neither have a job nor are looking for one."

"The third-strongest correlation among hundreds of variables tested: the preponderance of mobile homes."

http://www.nytimes.c...mpism.html?_r=0

laugh.png

Edited by iReason

Donald Trumo will Times MAN of the YEAR.

But when the time comes it will be President Trump I hope.

Your hopes are dashed mate as there are not enough male WASP Klu Klux Klan types to carry the Donald to victory.

They are way outnumbered by the millions who have been insulted by his xenophobic, gender slamming rhetoric.

As my friend Jose would say, "no way".

Agree. Numbers don't lie. There simply isn't enough uneducated, angry, racist white guys in America to get Trump into the White House.

And only an uneducated, angry, racist white guy would vote for Trump?

You may want to re-check, as seems that is not and has not been the case so far

Well this should get interesting, if true.... https://twitter.com/hashtag/CruzSexScandal?src=tren

Needs to be verified by more than just National Enquirer in order to have any real traction... I would think..

Is it in the same issue as the story about the 3 headed baby alien given birth to by a man?

Not saying it ain't true and no fan of of Cruz... But I'm not one to take any story in the National Enquirer at face value

"Hello my name is Grace..."

And I have an 88 Tattoo on my hand which is an a abbreviation for: Heil Hitler.

Along with the Celtic Cross which is used by neo-Nazis, racist skinheads, Ku Klux Klan members and virtually every other type of white supremacist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4mo4bP2hC8

"Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm." biggrin.png

Yes - 8th letter of the alphabet is "H"

But - just because a white supremacist likes Trump above all others, does not make Trump a white supremacist.

Major Landlord Accused of Antiblack Bias in City,” the headline stated.

"The Department of Justice had brought suit in federal court in Brooklyn against Mr. Trump and his father, Fred C. Trump,

charging them with violating the Fair Housing Act of 1968 in the operation of 39 buildings."

“The government contended that Trump Management had refused to rent or negotiate rentals ‘because of race and color,’ ” The Times reported.

“It also charged that the company had required different rental terms and conditions because of race and that it had misrepresented to blacks that apartments were not available.”

http://www.nytimes.com/times-insider/2015/07/30/1973-meet-donald-trump/?_r=0

post-206952-0-47413100-1458902929_thumb.

"Trump's daddy gave him 2.5 million before he even got out of college (while he avoided reporting for the draft 5 times)."

These liberals always forget to mention the husband of their leading candidate also had quite a tussle avoiding the Viet Nam war draft.

Bill Clinton's successful efforts to avoid the draft are outlined here and it is an interesting read.

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft.htm

At least Clinton was opposed to the war and wanted nobody fighting in it. What about Dick Cheney, who supported the war but had "other priorities?" Not to mention lots of other prominent neocons who supported the war but somehow didn't feel the need for themselves to fight on behalf of their country. And, of course, there is George W. Bush who heroically served in an Air Force National Guard Unit. Back then, it was known as a "champagne unit" so called because it was a protective enclave populated with the children of the wealthy and powerful including those of democratic and republican politicians. Also, several members of the Dallas Cowboys. I still remember the way the Republicans characterized Bush's service "He wore the uniform of his country." Of course there was absolutely no chance that there would ever be a bullet hole in that uniform. That was the whole point of the champagne unit. In fact, the only projectile that might have posed a threat to Bush while he was piloting would have been a high-flying golf ball.

I shouldn't forget to mention the heroic conduct of Mitt Romney during the Vietnam War. He got a religious exemption to do missionary work for the Mormon church in deepest, darkest, France.

You forgot Joe Biden.

Your hopes are dashed mate as there are not enough male WASP Klu Klux Klan types to carry the Donald to victory.

They are way outnumbered by the millions who have been insulted by his xenophobic, gender slamming rhetoric.

Agree. Numbers don't lie. There simply isn't enough uneducated, angry, racist white guys in America to get Trump into the White House.

His base...

"Like so many bullies, Trump has skin of gossamer. He thinks nothing of saying the most hurtful thing about someone else,

but when he hears a whisper that runs counter to his own vainglorious self-image, he coils like a caged ferret."

"I took to referring to him as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in the pages of Spy magazine."

"That was more than a quarter of a century ago. To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump."

"There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine."

"On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers." cheesy.gif

"The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination."

"Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: “See, not so short!”

"I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, “Actually, quite short.” Which I can only assume gave him fits."

cheesy.gif clap2.gifcheesy.gif

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/10/graydon-carter-donald-trump#1

"Trump's daddy gave him 2.5 million before he even got out of college (while he avoided reporting for the draft 5 times)."

These liberals always forget to mention the husband of their leading candidate also had quite a tussle avoiding the Viet Nam war draft.

Bill Clinton's successful efforts to avoid the draft are outlined here and it is an interesting read.

http://www.1stcavmedic.com/bill-clinton-draft.htm

At least Clinton was opposed to the war and wanted nobody fighting in it. What about Dick Cheney, who supported the war but had "other priorities?" Not to mention lots of other prominent neocons who supported the war but somehow didn't feel the need for themselves to fight on behalf of their country. And, of course, there is George W. Bush who heroically served in an Air Force National Guard Unit. Back then, it was known as a "champagne unit" so called because it was a protective enclave populated with the children of the wealthy and powerful including those of democratic and republican politicians. Also, several members of the Dallas Cowboys. I still remember the way the Republicans characterized Bush's service "He wore the uniform of his country." Of course there was absolutely no chance that there would ever be a bullet hole in that uniform. That was the whole point of the champagne unit. In fact, the only projectile that might have posed a threat to Bush while he was piloting would have been a high-flying golf ball.

I shouldn't forget to mention the heroic conduct of Mitt Romney during the Vietnam War. He got a religious exemption to do missionary work for the Mormon church in deepest, darkest, France.

You forgot Joe Biden.

As far as I can determine, there is no record of where Biden stood on the Vietnam War. But the Republicans I cited were all for it - as long as they didn't have to do the fighting themselves.

Another thing to point out was the Bill Clinton had to get his deferments for himself. He didn't have the benefit of Big Daddies who could reach powerful people without leaving any fingerprints. Still, you've got to admire Mitt's heroism. Apparently he spent some of his war years living in luxury accommodations in Paris. I think he should get the John Wayne award for heroism unconnected to reality. John Wayne, as you'll recall, managed not to serve during WW2.

And then there's John McCain. His academic record was terrible. There was no way he should have qualified to be a fighter pilot. Competition was fierce for those slots. Which means that someone who played by the rules and was deserving got shot down (metaphorically) to give McCain his place. Apparently it helps to have a father who's an admiral and a grandfather who's a Senator. Why is it that right wingers have no problem with affirmative action for the wealthy and well-connected?

As far as I can determine, there is no record of where Biden stood on the Vietnam War. But the Republicans I cited were all for it - as long as they didn't have to do the fighting themselves.

Another thing to point out was the Bill Clinton had to get his deferments for himself. He didn't have the benefit of Big Daddies who could reach powerful people without leaving any fingerprints. Still, you've got to admire Mitt's heroism. Apparently he spent some of his war years living in luxury accommodations in Paris. I think he should get the John Wayne award for heroism unconnected to reality. John Wayne, as you'll recall, managed not to serve during WW2.

And then there's John McCain. His academic record was terrible. There was no way he should have qualified to be a fighter pilot. Competition was fierce for those slots. Which means that someone who played by the rules and was deserving got shot down (metaphorically) to give McCain his place. Apparently it helps to have a father who's an admiral and a grandfather who's a Senator. Why is it that right wingers have no problem with affirmative action for the wealthy and well-connected?

John McCain is a graduate of the United States Navel Academy. The Naval Academy was ranked No. 14 overall for "Best Liberal Arts Colleges" nationwide, No. 1 in the nation in public schools, and No. 1 in the nation among high school guidance counselors. The Naval Academy was also ranked No. 5 for overall "Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs," and in engineering specialties the academy ranked No. 6 in mechanical engineering and No. 7 in electrical/electronic/communications.

The announcement follows the Naval Academy's earlier selections this year as the No. 9 most desirable school by Newsweek and the No. 3 best value and No. 17 overall ranking by Forbes Magazine.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=62726

Navel academy 24 members of Congress, 52 astronauts and one President of the United States to claim as fellow alums.

Colleges with the highest-paid grads
  • Mid-career salary: $131,000
  • Starting salary: $77,100

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/real_estate/2013/09/12/highest-paid-graduates/2.html

DOVER, Del. (AP) | Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, received five student draft deferments during the Vietnam War, and later was disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager.

Mr. Biden never mentions his asthma, recounting an active childhood, work as a lifeguard and football exploits in high school.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/01/bidens-draft-deferments-equal-cheneys-during-vietn/

Edited by Scotwight

John McCain is a graduate of the United States Navel Academy. The Naval Academy was ranked No. 14 overall for "Best Liberal Arts Colleges" nationwide, No. 1 in the nation in public schools, and No. 1 in the nation among high school guidance counselors. The Naval Academy was also ranked No. 5 for overall "Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs," and in engineering specialties the academy ranked No. 6 in mechanical engineering and No. 7 in electrical/electronic/communications.

The announcement follows the Naval Academy's earlier selections this year as the No. 9 most desirable school by Newsweek and the No. 3 best value and No. 17 overall ranking by Forbes Magazine.

Navel academy 24 members of Congress, 52 astronauts and one President of the United States to claim as fellow alums.

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/real_estate/2013/09/12/highest-paid-graduates/2.html

DOVER, Del. (AP) | Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic vice-presidential nominee, received five student draft deferments during the Vietnam War, and later was disqualified from service because of asthma as a teenager.

Mr. Biden never mentions his asthma, recounting an active childhood, work as a lifeguard and football exploits in high school.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/01/bidens-draft-deferments-equal-cheneys-during-vietn/

Did you read what I wrote? Here's the relevant sentence "John McCain had a terrible academic record." I said nothing about the quality of the Naval Academy. Competition is fierce among the cadets for those slots. John McCain should never have qualified. And somebody who did qualify, played by the rules, got pushed out so some rich well connectged boy could commandeer his slot.

I'm not defending Biden. I don't know where he stood on the Vietnam war. I'm just pointing out that Cheney, Bush, and Romney the same people who supported the Vietnam War recoiled at the idea that they should be fighting it themselves. All 3 are eligible for the John Wayne Award for Imaginary Heroism.

Edited by stillbornagain

Did you read what I wrote? Here's the relevant sentence "John McCain had a terrible academic record." I said nothing about the quality of the Naval Academy. Competition is fierce among the cadets for those slots. John McCain should never have qualified. And somebody who did qualify, played by the rules, got pushed out so some rich well connectged boy could commandeer his slot.

I'm not defending Biden. I don't know where he stood on the Vietnam war. I'm just pointing out that Cheney, Bush, and Romney the same people who supported the Vietnam War recoiled at the idea that they should be fighting it themselves. All 3 are eligible for the John Wayne Award for Imaginary Heroism.

Stillborn:

You need to find another topic to post on.

You made this statement in your original rebuttal...

"Another thing to point out was the Bill Clinton had to get his deferments for himself. He didn't have the benefit of Big Daddies who could reach powerful people without leaving any fingerprints."

You obviously did not read the link I provided so it is unlikely you have ever heard of Senator J. William Fulbright (D-AR). This from the link:

"Clinton's Uncle Raymond Clinton personally lobbied Senator Fulbright, William S. Armstrong, the chairman of the three-man Hot Springs draft board, and Lt. Comdr. Trice Ellis, Jr., commanding officer of the local Navy reserve unit, to obtain a slot for Clinton in the Naval Reserve."

​Nice try but you can't defend the indefensible. Clinton did everything he could think of to avoid the draft.

"The Try Guys put together a collection of Donald Trump’s Greatest “Hits” to show that — if you are not a self-promoting billionaire huckster,

you would look like an idiot and people would run from you rather than vote for you."

Think about it...

Edited by iReason

Graduation from the United States Navel Academy (one of the best academic schools in the world) more than qualifies one to be a Navy Pilot. John McCain graduated and there is no way being a son of a rich and powerful person gets anyone graduated from the United States Navel Academy. During the Vietnam war there was a constant shortage of trained pilots and it was one of the most dangerous jobs during the war. Smart rich guys like Al Gore were only in Vietnam for 6 months and carried a typewriter.

It took a brave man to fly a jet fighter bomber at any time and in combat a super brave and talented guy. You make it seem like everyone wanted to fly a jet in combat? No way. In an office or on the bridge serve your time and get home safe and sound.

You are way off base. The bottom of the class at the Navel academy is still far better than the top of the class at most other schools.

The Wall Street Journal:

“Mr. Trump laid out how he would run his campaign 30 years ago in his best seller “The Art of the Deal”

“I play to people’s fantasies” and a “little hyperbole never hurts.”

“Sometimes, part of making a deal is denigrating your competition.”

“Controversy, in short, sells.”

“Good publicity is preferable to bad, but from a bottom-line perspective, bad publicity is sometimes better than no publicity at all.”

“I like making deals, preferably big deals. That’s how I get my kicks.”

“If you ask me exactly what the deals . . . all add up to in the end, I’m not sure I have a very good answer.

Except that I’ve had a very good time making them.”

“Given the scantiness of his policy proposals and seeming indifference to the details of governance, it’s not exactly clear what it all adds up to or why Mr. Trump wants to be president.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-laid-out-his-playbook-30-years-ago-1453670039

Stillborn:

"Another thing to point out was the Bill Clinton had to get his deferments for himself. He didn't have the benefit of Big Daddies who could reach powerful people without leaving any fingerprints."

You obviously did not read the link I provided so it is unlikely you have ever heard of Senator J. William Fulbright (D-AR). This from the link:

"Clinton's Uncle Raymond Clinton personally lobbied Senator Fulbright, William S. Armstrong, the chairman of the three-man Hot Springs draft board, and Lt. Comdr. Trice Ellis, Jr., commanding officer of the local Navy reserve unit, to obtain a slot for Clinton in the Naval Reserve."

​Nice try but you can't defend the indefensible. Clinton did everything he could think of to avoid the draft.

You're right that I didn't know about his use of connections. But at least he was opposed to the war. He wasn't a hypocrite like Mitt or Cheney or George W who supported the Vietnam war but thought other less well connected Americans should put their lives at risk. Just like John Wayne who put his career ahead of his country.

@Post 558 Scotwight

No, you and several others are way off base and apparently, on the wrong thread.

Now, please scoop up your marbles and go play somewhere else with your friends.

Somewhere where it is pertinent.

Edited by iReason

Jothere is no way being a son of a rich and powerful person gets anyone graduated from the United States Navel Academy. During the Vietnam war there was a constant shortage of trained pilots and it was one of the most dangerous jobs during the war. Smart rich guys like Al Gore were only in Vietnam for 6 months and carried a typewriter.

It took a brave man to fly a jet fighter bomber at any time and in combat a super brave and talented guy. You make it seem like everyone wanted to fly a jet in combat? No way. In an office or on the bridge serve your time and get home safe and sound.

You are way off base. The bottom of the class at the Navel academy is still far better than the top of the class at most other schools.

"Currently each member of Congress and the Vice President can have five appointees attending the Naval Academy at any time.

If the congressman appoints a principal nominee, then as long as that candidate is physically, medically, and academically found qualified by the academy, he or she will be admitted, even if there are more qualified applicants

The Secretary of the Navy may appoint 170 enlisted members of the Regular and Reserve Navy and Marine Corps to the Naval Academy each year."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Naval_Academy

Can you imagine the screams from the right if say, thke education department had its own national school and congress played such a huge role in getting students in? But put a uniform on someone and they're above suspicion. Clearly, political or other connections havea huge role in the enrolment of students at the Naval Academy

And no, I didn't say everyone wants to fly a jet in combat. I said it was very competitive to get to be one of those people. And here's something from factcheck.org "We have further updated this article to include details from newly released Navy records of an investigation that found McCain's first crash was due to pilot error, and not, as McCain has stated, an engine failure. The L.A. Times story also pinpointed the dates of early incidents more closely, and we have rewritten and re-ordered some sections to reflect this new information." http://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

Misogynist Donald Trump.

Good luck in the general election with that!rolleyes.gif

The scene offers a graphic summation of Trump’s retrograde beliefs and real brutality. What’s worse, the same spirit informs his politics—the rampant cruelty, the violent impulses, the thirst for revenge, the absence of compassion. Misogyny isn’t an incidental part of Donald Trump. It’s who he is.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/03/donald_trump_has_one_core_philosophy_misogyny.html

"According to a book written by former Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino president John R. O’Donnell,

the real estate mogul once said in 1991 that “Laziness is a trait in blacks.”

"He was allegedly referring to a black accountant working for Trump Plaza, and added,:

“Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

"Trump, in a 1999 Playboy magazine interview, did not even deny saying those things. He admitted O’Donnell’s allegations were “probably true,”

but insisted it didn’t matter because he was obviously a disgruntled employee."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/8-reasons-donald-trump-would-not-be-great-for-the-blacks_us_56e0729fe4b065e2e3d47e82

No, it is not. First he still has to get his party's official nomination, and there is no guarantee that will happen. At the final convention states have and often have nominated "unexpected" candidates. Second, if he even gets the final official nomination, he would still have to get elected. I really don't think enough people are going to vote for him in the presidential election.

His base...

Guess everyone's gotta vote for some one...

If you found out some one you thought was despicable was going to vote for Hillary Clinton... Does that mean you would vote Republican ?

If a racist chose not to jump off a bridge ... That doesn't mean I have to jump off and kill myself to ensure I was doing the opposite

"According to a book written by former Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino president John R. O’Donnell,

the real estate mogul once said in 1991 that “Laziness is a trait in blacks.”

"He was allegedly referring to a black accountant working for Trump Plaza, and added,:

“Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

"Trump, in a 1999 Playboy magazine interview, did not even deny saying those things. He admitted O’Donnell’s allegations were “probably true,”

but insisted it didn’t matter because he was obviously a disgruntled employee."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/8-reasons-donald-trump-would-not-be-great-for-the-blacks_us_56e0729fe4b065e2e3d47e82

Anyone who's spent a lot of time doing business and socializing in New York City, with those kinds of guys who have a certain swagger, (e.g., successful Wall St. guys & Real Estate moguls), will understand when I say they use stereotypes of Jews and blacks a lot in humor and daily conversation. In fact, they do the same with Asians, and others. NY is a melting pot that provides rich material for humor as well as hate.

I've known guys who made similar jokes and statements as Trump, but who were not racist, and I've known some who were. It's all part of this New York "attitude."

Whether Trump is truly racist or not, I don't know, but he does know how to play that card to dumbass Americans who are racist. wink.png

Stillborn:

Bill Clinton was twice elected Potus and commander in chief.

A lot of people, the majority, didn't seem think he did anything except to get a slot in the Naval Reserve.

The rightwhinge has the right to whinge however.

Fact is however Republican rightwhingers can't defend Donald Gump Trump.

Indeed the right refuses to discuss Trump at the thread in which Trump is the topic. It's the old default position of the Republican party right, which is to be anti-Clinton irrespective of whether the topic is or is not the Clintons.

Yet another effort to deflect and to jitterbug around the topic to instead exercise the anti-Clinton default position. (Yes, Republicans finally accepted the jitterbug, but only recently.)