Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

Whatever one says about Trump....

It's a "One Man Show". There is just no other personality in either of the two other remaining Republican Candidates. Trump knows that putting on a fake "presidential face (whatever dahell that is), would actually work against him.

His power is his energy, and his ability to stand front and center...and put a voice to what he is all about. You like him, or hate him, put I would just love to see him argue with Putin (the dole faced). Putin would be in a muddle. I think Putin and Kim would not know how to handle it. Trump would tell it like it is. "Putin looks like that Gollum character in lord of the rings.....Kim is fat and dumb...and does cooking shows". Yeah..you might say that this would just create a new war, but that's crazy. They would be scratching their gourds and trying to come up with a reply.

I find this all refreshing. You either are a Hillary "oldbeach" fanatic with her hateful spurned woman attitude towards everything....(not to mention all her political maneuverings in the past)...or you go with The Trumpenator....(the world needs some attitude adjustment and some humor). I don't think he would be a pushover in international trade agreements (watch out Brits). Another hilarious outcome is that the Brits wanted to Ban Trump...but what if he does get elected? lol. Obama is "politically dry and thinks low level". Donald would be going for the heart.

I love it.

Edited by slipperylobster

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a "One Man Show". There is just no other personality in either of the two other remaining Republican Candidates. Trump knows that putting on a fake "presidential face (whatever dahell that is), would actually work against him.

His power is his energy, and his ability to stand front and center...and put a voice to what he is all about. You like him, or hate him, put I would just love to see him argue with Putin (the dole faced). Putin would be in a muddle. I think Putin and Kim would not know how to handle it. Trump would tell it like it is. "Putin looks like that Gollum character in lord of the rings.....Kim is fat and dumb...and does cooking shows". Yeah..you might say that this would just create a new war, but that's crazy. They would be scratching their gourds and trying to come up with a reply.

I find this all refreshing. You either are a Hillary "oldbeach" fanatic with her hateful spurned woman attitude towards everything....(not to mention all her political maneuverings in the past)...or you go with The Trumpenator....(the world needs some attitude adjustment and some humor). I don't think he would be a pushover in international trade agreements (watch out Brits). Obama is "politically dry and thinks low level". Donald would be going for the heart.

I love it.

stand front and center? lol. everytime he gets in trouble he cuts and runs to bankruptcy court!

Trump has won all five primaries tonight in a huge way. Those who read only the shamestream media and don't pay attention to what is really happening, don't have a clue.

Trump is going to win the nomination and then mop the floor with Hillary.

The Republican party may not survive this and if it doesn't there will be a new party of, by, and for the people. The party leaders are losing their places at the table. If the Republican Party has to go away because it's rotten, so much the better.

Cheers.

whistling past the graveyard! lol

Trump keep chugging along ... and all the derisive comments from the lefties on this discussion thread have had NO Effect whatsoever on Trump's progress. So go ahead Lefties -- snipe, snarl, bloviate and obfuscate all you want -- it really does not matter.

From what I've observed, those who lambast Trump most vehemently are the GOP establishment, the Republican political class, and the pseudo-Cruz supporters - not the "Lefties".

Except for here on TVF where it is mostly Lefties. And of course in America we have a Republican Primary going on ... so naturally it is mostly Conservatives and other Republicans arguing over Trump ...

I find this all refreshing. You either are a Hillary "oldbeach" fanatic with her hateful spurned woman attitude towards everything....(not to mention all her political maneuverings in the past)...or you go with The Trumpenator....(the world needs some attitude adjustment and some humor). I don't think he would be a pushover in international trade agreements (watch out Brits). Obama is "politically dry and thinks low level". Donald would be going for the heart.

I love it.

stand front and center? lol. everytime he gets in trouble he cuts and runs to bankruptcy court!

successfully.

Bankruptcy is often used for reorganization and future possible gains. It is a strategic move...not a failure.

missing your point. When was his last bankruptcy??? Ages ago? LOL...the man is now a billionaire and a front runner for President of the United States. That is kind of a double win.

Trump keep chugging along ... and all the derisive comments from the lefties on this discussion thread have had NO Effect whatsoever on Trump's progress. So go ahead Lefties -- snipe, snarl, bloviate and obfuscate all you want -- it really does not matter.

From what I've observed, those who lambast Trump most vehemently are the GOP establishment, the Republican political class, and the pseudo-Cruz supporters - not the "Lefties".

Except for here on TVF where it is mostly Lefties. And of course in America we have a Republican Primary going on ... so naturally it is mostly Conservatives and other Republicans arguing over Trump ...

trumps nomination is the best thing that can happen for america. it will destroy the republican party for decades!!

trumps nomination is the best thing that can happen for america. it will destroy the republican party for decades!!

Love it !!! and Donald Trump probably has not great love for them, either. Our nomination/election process is outdated..and a bit twisted (corrupt). Too many power players screwing it up and playing with the bylaws (delegates).

A great issue...and another reason to go with Trump..... darn it...lets fix it.

Love it !!! and Donald Trump probably has not great love for them, either. Our nomination/election process is outdated..and a bit twisted (corrupt). Too many power players screwing it up and playing with the bylaws (delegates).

lol! a lotta good that will do you guys with a dem house and senate for the next 60 years!!

lol! a lotta good that will do you guys with a dem house and senate for the next 60 years!!

dems are quacks....a little strong arm and they run like hell. Obama has ruined it for democrats anyways... Fix the Republican Party and all the intelligent (few) democrats would defect.

Both parties need to be shook up and put up on the laundry line. Dirty Politics, time for new innovations.

I listened to both victory speeches this morning. Very different.

Hillary was talking on many topics, sounding compassionate and presidential. Inclusive. Inspirational.

Trump was almost mumbling - completely uninspiring. Talking about numbers. Exclusive, in the sense of marginalizing groups of people.

I already knew HRC would win the general election. Now it's looking like it will be a landslide.

dems are quacks....a little strong arm and they run like hell. Obama has ruined it for democrats anyways... Fix the Republican Party and all the intelligent (few) democrats would defect.

Both parties need to be shook up and put up on the laundry line. Dirty Politics, time for new innovations.

what are you smoking?

Hillary was talking on many topics, sounding compassionate and presidential. Inclusive. Inspirational.

Trump was almost mumbling - completely uninspiring. Talking about numbers. Exclusive, in the sense of marginalizing groups of people.

I already knew HRC would win the general election. Now it's looking like it will be a landslide.

We must have watched different Trump speeches. The one I saw was inspiring.

We must have watched different Trump speeches. The one I saw was inspiring.

that explains a lot! lol

"Trump seems to have a middle school civics class idea of how we elect a president -- that it's a glorified popularity contest."

Whinin' Don

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/13/opinions/donald-trump-fight-with-gop-cupp/index.html

Too bad the GOP Senate Majority leader isn't on the TV board here, but clearly he is not with you Trumpers, looks forward to s a second ballot where they will nominate someone OTHER THAN TRUMP.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/18/politics/mitch-mcconnell-donald-trump-ted-cruz-2016/

But of course the right whingers here will come up with excuses like CNN is lefty rag, and/or McConnell should be in jail or some other rot........whistling.gif

WHY and HOW do people keep underestimating Trump? They were planning his funeral last year when he announced he was running, and he just kept and keeps getting stronger. He started out with 17 R candidates in the race which makes it almost impossible to get more than 50% of the total votes. But he has been drawing record crowds and record numbers of voters and crossover voters from Democrats and he's on the verge of getting the 1237 delegates he needs. That's despite the clear fact that the establishment has made up rules to try to stop him.

Why why why underestimate this guy any longer???

Which Trump are you talking about? Is it the Trump who says foreigner-bashing things at redneck rallies, or the Trump who is stumped by simple questions about abortion.

Is it the Trump who cusses and has denigrating names for everyone who isn't a big fan of his? Or is it the the Trump who says, while his daughter is sitting on his lap, that he would love to date her?

There are at least two Trumps, if you ask anyone close to him or knows him, including Ben Carson.

I admit, I underestimated Trump. I predicted in January that he would crash and burn by the ides of March. I was wrong. He's still going. It's a testament to how many rednecks there are in the US, and how easily they're swayed by a great salesman - who fans their crude biases.

"I admit, I underestimated Trump. I predicted in January that he would crash and burn by the ides of March. I was wrong. He's still going."
We'll be having this same conversation in November when Trump is elected POTUS. Those who underestimate Trump just move the date he will fail forward. They don't get it that he is getting stronger. He is drawing record crowds and record numbers of voters. He's drawing Democrats across the isle because many of them don't like the way things are going either. They also like having a job that isn't shipped to China or Mexico.
So go ahead, push your failure date out, but with the big numbers Trump is putting up, he'll win the whole enchilada.
Cheers.

WHY and HOW do people keep underestimating Trump? They were planning his funeral last year when he announced he was running, and he just kept and keeps getting stronger. He started out with 17 R candidates in the race which makes it almost impossible to get more than 50% of the total votes. But he has been drawing record crowds and record numbers of voters and crossover voters from Democrats and he's on the verge of getting the 1237 delegates he needs. That's despite the clear fact that the establishment has made up rules to try to stop him.

Why why why underestimate this guy any longer???

Which Trump are you talking about? Is it the Trump who says foreigner-bashing things at redneck rallies, or the Trump who is stumped by simple questions about abortion.

Is it the Trump who cusses and has denigrating names for everyone who isn't a big fan of his? Or is it the the Trump who says, while his daughter is sitting on his lap, that he would love to date her?

There are at least two Trumps, if you ask anyone close to him or knows him, including Ben Carson.

I admit, I underestimated Trump. I predicted in January that he would crash and burn by the ides of March. I was wrong. He's still going. It's a testament to how many rednecks there are in the US, and how easily they're swayed by a great salesman - who fans their crude biases.

"I admit, I underestimated Trump. I predicted in January that he would crash and burn by the ides of March. I was wrong. He's still going."
We'll be having this same conversation in November when Trump is elected POTUS. Those who underestimate Trump just move the date he will fail forward. They don't get it that he is getting stronger. He is drawing record crowds and record numbers of voters. He's drawing Democrats across the isle because many of them don't like the way things are going either. They also like having a job that isn't shipped to China or Mexico.
So go ahead, push your failure date out, but with the big numbers Trump is putting up, he'll win the whole enchilada.
Cheers.

no he wont

what are you smoking?

The only smoke you will be seeing is when the democrats vacate the white house.

Eight years of Obama.....blah.

Hope Trump brings a box of swisher sweets and just passes them around...at his victory party.

O.B.T.W. Trump Sweeps all five states in the North East just now. Hillary 4. Demoquacks are defecting to back trump... read the news.

stand dafoock by.....read em and weep.

The only smoke you will be seeing is when the democrats vacate the white house.

Eight years of Obama.....blah.

Hope Trump brings a box of swisher sweets and just passes them around...at his victory party.

whistling past the graveyard

Too late and glad of it. The next president of The United States Of America... Hillary Clinton!

Quite amazing the amount of posters here that think this WON'T be the case. At this point I'm calling troll on a number of them.

Who in their right mind would vote Republican? This whole process on their side clearly presents them as the disaster party. On top of that their history in the last 30 years is quite bleak, the country does not run well under conservative, trickle down nonsense. Gone Old Party, stale as old Ritz crackers, ha,ha crackers those are about the only types that still vote Republican, old crackers.

When you look at the country's demographics, there are just not enough old lunk headed crackers to carry the GOP any longer. Younger generation (in majority) doesn't want old Bob Dole, McCain, dumb Palins, jerkweed Trump's. No, first African American President, followed by the first female President.

Progress, forward, we're not going backwards to the GW Bush downfall of the nation party.

Quite amazing the amount of posters here that think this WON'T be the case. At this point I'm calling troll on a number of them.

Who in their right mind would vote Republican? -snip-

Not vote Republican, vote to:

1. Stop China and Mexico from ripping off the US, and stop large corporations from shipping jobs to third world countries and then shipping cheaply made product back.

2. Stop the flooding of the country with illegal and unvetted immigrants. We can see Europe from our house, live and on color TV.

3. Straighten out the education system, a problem called "Common Core". Don't let kids graduate without being able to read or write or add 2 and 2 together.

4. Support Veterans, especially the disgraceful lack of good and timely medical care for those with issues after they serve.

5. Get some control of the crazy debt and deficits. There's massive waste and fraud.

6. Stop starting wars around the world in God forsaken places. Dump NATO because the US pays the bulk of the bill. Germany pays next to nothing because the US has a huge military presence there, for one example.

7. If we're going to tackle ISIS, hit them hard, fast, and continuously and then get the hell out of there. Do it from the air.

8. Control the flow of money between the US and China and Mexico. Get some accountability in both directions. The US is getting ripped off.

All over America there are empty and deteriorating factories and the neighborhoods they supported are deteriorating. They used to provide good jobs and can do it again. Even truck drivers and cab drivers who used to shuttle to those places understand what's happened.

Democrats understand what's happened. Women and minorities understand it.

Hillary is toast. She a huge part of the problem - a woman who's lived of the government and Wall Street all her life. Wait until she gets the wrath of Trump.

Cheers.

Today someone pointed out that Hillary's best reason to vote for her is that she's a woman - she thinks women should support her.

WOMAN?? HILLARY IS A WOMAN???

Why didn't someone tell me that EARLIER?? rolleyes.gif

Women and minorities are overwhelmingly voting for Trump. They want the things on that list, too.

Cheers.

-Trump's signature clothing line is made in China

-"flooding of immigrants" is classic fear factor, you are aware that the only Americans not from immigrants are Native American Indians?

-Educational system agreed but it's not like Bush's "no Child Left behind" was successful, it wasn't.

-Support veterans, uh, Walter reed fiasco, hello? Trump's POW comments?

-Debt sure, agreed but starting wars does not improve that situation (although lining your pockets with no bid Haliburton contracts is nice. Hilary is a crook? Right....).

I'll stop there, calling cracker-trolls cheesy.gif GOP sucks mightily.

Edited by grumpyoldman

"Exclusive Data Analysis: Democrat Turnout Collapses Down More Than 4.5 Million, Nearly 20 Percent In 2016 Versus 2008" LINK

So here's a huge issue for Hillary. While her Democrats are yawning and staying away from the polls en masse, Trump is pulling record numbers of voters and some are Democrats. There's no excitement for Hillary but Trump supporters are jazzed.

Hillary holds a rally in a school auditorium while Trump has to rent football fields and large stadiums to hold the tens of thousands of people who come to see him. Many can't get in and wait outside.

It's this record number of voters including cross-over voters and independent voters who will win it for Trump. Remember, Obama beat Romney by a very slim margin 4 years ago. Romney is no Trump, and Hillary is no Obama.

Hillary is toast.

"Exclusive Data Analysis: Democrat Turnout Collapses Down More Than 4.5 Million, Nearly 20 Percent In 2016 Versus 2008" LINK

So here's a huge issue for Hillary. While her Democrats are yawning and staying away from the polls en masse, Trump is pulling record numbers of voters and some are Democrats. There's no excitement for Hillary but Trump supporters are jazzed.

Hillary holds a rally in a school auditorium while Trump has to rent football fields and large stadiums to hold the tens of thousands of people who come to see him. Many can't get in and wait outside.

It's this record number of voters including cross-over voters and independent voters who will win it for Trump. Remember, Obama beat Romney by a very slim margin 4 years ago. Romney is no Trump, and Hillary is no Obama.

Hillary is toast.

dreamer

This election year has been very unusual in many ways. The most striking feature is the anti-establishment mood of many voters. Most Americans realize that the American Golden Age is over and will never come back. The days when a working class family could afford their own house and send their kids to college are gone forever. Where voters differ is how to try to bring those days back (in my opinion that is an impossible task).

With disaffected people voting in unprecedented numbers - mostly for Trump or Sanders - traditional polls are far less reliable than usual. Also, given the increasing prevalence of electronic voting machines, the likely hood of accurate vote counts is becoming less and less likely.

So, here are my predictions:

Possibility 1: Trump wins the Republican nomination and Hilary wins the Democratic nomination. Trump supporters turn out in higher numbers than predicted but Hilary's supporters are unenthusiastic (for fairly obvious reasons) and Trump wins the general election.

Possibility 2: Same as above, but Hilary wins a narrow victory in the general election and the forces of darkness are defeated!

Possibility 3: Trump fails to win 1237 delegates in the primaries and is passed over in favor of another candidate (probably Cruz) at the convention. Trump either stages a 3rd party run or his supporters stay home on election day and Hilary wins by a comfortable margin.

Edited by otherstuff1957

Who in their right mind would vote Republican? -snip-

Not vote Republican, vote to:

1. Stop China and Mexico from ripping off the US, and stop large corporations from shipping jobs to third world countries and then shipping cheaply made product back.

2. Stop the flooding of the country with illegal and unvetted immigrants. We can see Europe from our house, live and on color TV.

3. Straighten out the education system, a problem called "Common Core". Don't let kids graduate without being able to read or write or add 2 and 2 together.

4. Support Veterans, especially the disgraceful lack of good and timely medical care for those with issues after they serve.

5. Get some control of the crazy debt and deficits. There's massive waste and fraud.

6. Stop starting wars around the world in God forsaken places. Dump NATO because the US pays the bulk of the bill. Germany pays next to nothing because the US has a huge military presence there, for one example.

7. If we're going to tackle ISIS, hit them hard, fast, and continuously and then get the hell out of there. Do it from the air.

8. Control the flow of money between the US and China and Mexico. Get some accountability in both directions. The US is getting ripped off.

All over America there are empty and deteriorating factories and the neighborhoods they supported are deteriorating. They used to provide good jobs and can do it again. Even truck drivers and cab drivers who used to shuttle to those places understand what's happened.

Democrats understand what's happened. Women and minorities understand it.

Hillary is toast. She a huge part of the problem - a woman who's lived of the government and Wall Street all her life. Wait until she gets the wrath of Trump.

Cheers.

talks cheap

This election year has been very unusual in many ways. The most striking feature is the anti-establishment mood of many voters. Most Americans realize that the American Golden Age is over and will never come back. The days when a working class family could afford their own house and send their kids to college are gone forever. Where voters differ is how to try to bring those days back (in my opinion that is an impossible task).

With disaffected people voting in unprecedented numbers - mostly for Trump or Sanders - traditional polls are far less reliable than usual. Also, given the increasing prevalence of electronic voting machines, the likely hood of accurate vote counts is becoming less and less likely.

Possibility 1: Trump wins the Republican nomination and Hilary wins the Democratic nomination. Trump supporters turn out in higher numbers than predicted but Hilary's supporters and unenthusiastic (for fairly obvious reasons) and Trump wins the general election.

Possibility 2: Same as above, but Hilary wins a narrow victory in the general election and the forces of darkness are defeated!

Possibility 3: Trump fails to win 1237 delegates in the primaries and is passed over in favor of another candidate (probably Cruz) at the convention. Trump either stages a 3rd party run or his supporters stay home on election day and Hilary wins by a comfortable margin.

lol, dont go out on a limb now

Possibility 1: Trump wins the Republican nomination and Hilary wins the Democratic nomination. Trump supporters turn out in higher numbers than predicted but Hilary's supporters and unenthusiastic (for fairly obvious reasons) and Trump wins the general election.

lol, dont go out on a limb now