Heat wave threat ruled out for Thailand

webfact

CLW, Bangkok is the furnace in terms of heat index (combination of temperature and humidity) , but not about the peaks in maximum temperatures in the hot season, because its proximity to the Gulf and high humidity rate.

For example, if in Bangkok you have 36C with 60% of humidity, you will feel hotter than in Kanchanaburi if they have 39C and 35% of humidity.

Moreover, in Bangkok the heat will persist during nightime, while inland you will feel more the temperature drop at night.

Thank you for the explanation. Now it makes sense

What wonderful power's of foretelling the future this guy has.

It brings to mind my visit to Brighton pier years ago.I had made the trip especially to visit the renowned fortune teller Madam Zara.She advertised as 'Madam Zara sees all' She had a small tent on the pier and had been there for many years. I arrived at her place of business,grasping my piece of silver,with anticipation,only to find a notice pinned to her tent which read.

'We are closed today,due to unforeseen circumstances'

Malaysia to announce heat emergency if temperature exceeds 40C for more than 7 days

"Schools will also be ordered to shut down temporarily if the temperature exceeds 37 degrees Celsius for more than three days. Natural Resources and Environment Minister Datuk Seri Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar said this was based on the action plan to deal with the heat wave, which took effect on Friday."

Meanwhile, in Thailand, where temperatures have exceeded 37 degrees Celsius 10 out of the past 11 days, and is forecast to do the same for the next 32 consecutive days, exceeding 40 degrees Celsius 6 of those days the director-general of the Meteorological Department, Mr Wanchai Sak-udomchai, assures us, "the chance of being hit by heat wave is impossible ... as Thailand has no desert." cheesy.gif

Yesterday max. in Thailand was 42.0C at Nongbualamphu

13 stations with temperatures between 41.0C and 42.0c.

It's very hot but still not at record levels. Well, if temperatures jumps a couple of degrees more, we will be at record levels.

วุ้ย สิ่งที่ ร้อนระอุ

Phew! What a scorcher. As The Sun has it.

I don't think that's right.

Wife still has socks on as now "AirCon make me cold at night"

I like electric blankets. Has no-one invented an ice-blanket? Idle.

'

Update: Laos and Cambodia today are approaching their highest temperatures in history.

Thailand national max. today looks to break the 42C, still not at record levels, but getting closer, specially in parts of Eastern Essan.

So I'm the only one that thinks it hot today?

No mate flatlands around Udon Thani---40-45c-----------------------Fans are useless as they blast hot air at you. Get cool shower often--------go to Tesco window shopping ha ha ha

Update: Laos and Cambodia today are approaching their highest temperatures in history.

Thailand national max. today looks to break the 42C, still not at record levels, but getting closer, specially in parts of Eastern Essan.

Not a heat wave. No desert in the area.

Isaan here, looks like we get 40 C for the next 5 days or so, was 40 today, praise the great pixie in the sky for air-con

I don't know why anyone can or would want to live without one with heat like this.

Prachinburi here, well over 40 x 2 days now and uncomfortably hot even at night.

Right now, at 8 PM, still too hot to comfortably sit outside, for example. Even at midnight, it is still very hot outside.

Isaan here, looks like we get 40 C for the next 5 days or so, was 40 today, praise the great pixie in the sky for air-con

I don't know why anyone can or would want to live without one with heat like this.

living room too big 17m x 12m ... have water evap cooler though and fan about 30cm from my head from about 10am

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/3month_forecast.php

While during daytime, the Upper Thailand will face with sweltering weather commonly together with very hot weather at many areas on some days. Then during April, southerly or southeasterly winds will still prevail over the Upper Thailand almost all of this period including with some heat low pressure air mass cells cover over the Upper Thailand from time to time. As a result, the Upper Thailand will experience sweltering weather commonly along with very hot weather at many areas, especially during middle March until middle April. Maximum temperatures may reach as high as 43 – 44 C.

Today Lampang in Northern Thailand is leading the "platoon":it looks like it is heading towards 43C.

For your reference the highest temperature ever recorded in Thailand in March is 42.8C at Nong Khai on 31 March 2005,

in April (and for the year) is 44.5C at Uttaradit on 27 April 1960 and in May is 44.0C at Mae Hong Son on 15 May 2010.

So It's well possible to set a monthly national record. More difficult to attack the Uttaradit record, but the hot season has still a long way to go....

OMG Lampang 43.5C at 3pm, the max will be around 44C.

Never been so hot in Thailand in March.

Now that is hot! No desert though, so not a heatwave... thumbsup.gif

I cant wait for it to reach Surin.....not. We are going to have a hot water sonkran

It is unseasonably hotter here than the normal. My wife had to go with one of her workers to the hospital as the worker had collapsed because of the heat. This was in the evening so not evening when the sun had already set. If it begins to push 40+ degrees I wonder what the schools and other places of work will do, especially the places that have no air-con and only supply fans to keep the heat down. The hospitals are going to be over-run with people suffering from heat exhaustion.

Archived