new Thai GF - what can I expect?

Apostate

My advice is to enjoy her unless you want to fall in love with someone. Just don't part with more than you can afford. You are her fantasy and she is yours at the moment. Don't listen to the Natering Nabobs of Negativity. That is how they get off. By acting superior.

If you want to fall in love get back on the site.

Sorry this does not answer your question but I hope it helps.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People learn to be'kimd'

Same reason as a smile or more..

I'd draw the line at around $500..

Meet the family, stay in the village for a whole..

Asian cultures are interesting.. Especially LOS..

These guys are funny today..

Irony, sarcasm, feigned shock..

Good job fellas..

Alohz

edit:'always use protection'

Good luck/ Good fortune!

People learn to be'kimd'

Same reason as a smile or more..

I'd draw the line at around $500..

Meet the family, stay in the village for a whole..

Asian cultures are interesting.. Especially LOS..

These guys are funny today..

Irony, sarcasm, feigned shock..

Good job fellas..

Alohz

edit:'always use protection'

Good luck/ Good fortune!

Oh Dear --------------------------------Another one . !

Please fellow members be kind and do not tell him what is coming, he will not believe you.

Best the OP discovers Thailand for himself.

Come on spill the beans! I want to know how these things normally pan out. What's her next move!?

Her next move will be to continue charming you and entertaining you while assessing you and guesstimating just how generous you are and how much money you have and how she can obtain some of that money....hopefully a lot of your money.

That is the mindset of most of the women here, even if they are educated and have their own financial resources, their attitude towards men and their usefulness as a tool and the means and ways to get ahead in life, remains the same ....the same as women all over the world know what men really want while all women put a logical value on their female assets ( whether they admit it or not) the same, same as the country you came from....but the landscape here in Thailand is unfamiliar while you are all the more vulnerable here than you would be back in your own home territory where you know the lay of the land.

Long story short:

Best advice is: Listen to good advice and that good advice is: Approach with caution and do not let your sexual desires and or sexual emotions get the better of your logic and common senses.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

There are a lot of cynical post here but for good reason. Many of these posters are doing so from first hand experience something that has affected either them or somebody close to them. You may be lucky with this girl but you will have to be very, very lucky. I estimate you have a 95% chance of ending up financially and emotionally worse off than when you met her. Small requests for money are just the start and may soon escalate as fabricated disasters befall her, her extended family and her farm animals. Be very very careful with your finances and heart mate and ask yourself if she speaks good english how a girl living on a farm learnt the language if it wasn't working in the tourist or entertainment industry at sometime in her past or present. Also it is unusual for a Thai girl brought up with traditional Thai values to sleep with a guy on the first date. Other posters were correct research Stickman or some of our blogs about girl scammers.

Take the negative replies with a grain of salt, the main reason they reply is for their own amusement.

The parents live in rural Thailand, means the immediate family had been previously surviving on at most 10,000 baht a month

Never ever buy any rural land, its worthless as an investment.

Likely she is able to rent some land from a family member foras liitle as 1000 baht a month, 300 baht a month in some cases.

Dont get sucked into any start up business idea for more than 20,000 baht. Ducks or buffalo or whatever, get them to start off small and have the family prove they will work there asses of for it, more likely, the brothers wont - work 3 days a week and sit around eating and drinking whiskey the rest of the time.

Pretty much just ask yourself everytime - have much would all this cost me back home, 3,4 times the amount, 10 even 20 times the amount once you factor in real estate

Never Buy rural land. I did an get buyers Every few months i get sell requests

It more Then doubled in 8 years .

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Edited by robin33

OP here.

Come to think of it I've already had a variation on the sick buffalo. She told me when her father had to send his buffalo to slaughter he cried - not only that but the buffalo cried as well!!

He cried ? Was that before he was washing down that plate of buffalo ribs with some Mekong whiskey or after ?

I think its dangerous newbies coming here, asking for advice ;)

So what alternative suggestions do all the naysayers have?

From memory, I think OP was from UK, should he stay / return to the UK, a 500,000 pound mortgage for a shitty flat in London, find a nice average British woman, all 110 kilos of her....and he'd be happier than if he stayed in Thailand?

So if we recap on the general tone of the posters:

You cannot have a Thai girlfriend without being ripped off and reduced to tears.

This now begs the following questions:

How do so many farangs now find themselves happily married with a Thai wife? Myself included.

Did they suddenly go from being strangers to being married in one fell swoop without being girlfriend/boyfriend first?

I'm sure the superior intellects on this forum can explain this phenomenon.

You cannot have a Thai girlfriend without being ripped off and reduced to tears.

How do so many farangs now find themselves happily married with a Thai wife? Myself included.

Did they suddenly go from being strangers to being married in one fell swoop without being girlfriend/boyfriend first?

Cupid and his arrow. Phenomenon explained.

I've always punched above my weight

Broke my Heart more times than I can count

In Thailand it may cost a couple grand..

Definitely worth the trouble..

Just dont make any babies, to clarify my last post.

Alohz

Yes, my experience has been the opposite of all these naysayers.

Thank freakin Buddha I never got snared by one of the cows back home before I set foot in Thailand.

Yes, my experience has been the opposite of all these naysayers.

Thank freakin Buddha I never got snared by one of the cows back home before I set foot in Thailand.

The key is not to punch too far above your weight so to speak. If you chase little pretty dollies AND there is a huge age/weight difference...you have a high likelihood of being fleeced. Look for 1) Girls that can and do support themselves, 2) with a college education, 3) common sense. If you notice on your first date that the girl is either more interested in her phone or taking selfies that's a sign. If you notice she seems to have zero interest in you or you background or interests, that's a sign. Even then the culture is fraught with perils because most are indeed supporting at least a mother and maybe a child or grandparent so naturally there will be some expectations of you...but you will know early on if a girl has commons sense or none (which is the norm). No matter how pretty or how affectionate...run fast

Oh Dear --------------------------------Another one . !

Please fellow members be kind and do not tell him what is coming, he will not believe you.

Best the OP discovers Thailand for himself.

Come on spill the beans! I want to know how these things normally pan out. What's her next move!?

A 'good' Thai women does not go to bed with you the first night. I can not speak for your women, only in general. Many prostitutes now operate from dating sites, Facebook and similar. It's easier and much less degrading then sitting in a bar waiting for a guy to approach her. As some posts said, you can expect more requests for 'help', 'father must have surgery, buffalo sick, roof on houses broken, best buy new house for Mama'...none of those stories are usually verifiable, so be prudent. She has with certainty many other clients she also approaches for 'help'. This was already an MO of these bar flies 20-30 years ago, when tourists helped them write letters in English to beg for money from former clients. Then already it brought much more money then the bar traffic. Nowadays it's the internet. Keep your heart in both hands. They are crafty, beautiful, enticing, seductive and often enough dangerous women.

not really true about good girls not spending the night on first date. many farang like to believe that and use it as a yardstick about who is good or not. theres tons of promiscuity nowadays in all levels of society, be it at rural schools to the most prestigious universities and companies. having financial means also can lead to a more open minded outlook.

Agreed. I've had a couple of relationships with non-hookers and both did spend the night after first. The fact that she was doing so with someone who was over on holiday and not living in the country makes it a bit different though. Also, how did she manage to get a week off work so quickly to go to Pattaya? What work is it she claims to do? Sounds like OP is trolling.

Next time you visit T/L plan to arrive a week before she thinks you'll be arriving... You can say when you get here that you managed to get off work early as things were slack, or some similar story.

If she's happy to see you early then it's good news (but still be on the lookout for other signs).. But if she's angry that you surprised her or "unavailable" then odds are you're being played.

You suggest lying to her and then gauging her reaction? Sounds like something a Thai lady would think up. Not a good plan at all.