Come! Tell us true! Likes and Dislikes in Thailand

laolover88

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the sex bangin as much as I can and drinkin piss all day.

If you get pi$$ed all day, how are going to be able to have sex bangin at night?

yeah right, but the bangin part is all in my head ... the gettin pissed all day is real

but on the rare occasion I get the sex .... haha

I do not believe you get pissed all day, every day the way you always say you do. You seem too good natured for that.

I dislike all the people "surviving" on chump change proclaiming they are living a decent life and want for nothing more.

I'm sad that we can't be friends in that case, my "chump change" it does me very nicely and I don't want for more. But the value of my savings and investments exceed even your wet dreams, no need to spend it all here on a daily basis though! laugh.png

The richest man I ever met (net worth 10 billion US) had one further aspect apart from wealth: humility. It's a shame that those with less to boast about do it the most.

If you would but read and understand the context you would realize it was a put down!

Like: the cheap hotels in low season. (4 star hotels for 1200 baht!)
Dislike: those little frickin plastic things that you have to scratch and peel to get a bottle (of store bought) water opened.

Like: the beach. Great for jogging, great for eye candy, swimming, surfing (low season anyway), sunset views, etc.

Dislike: Farangs who bad mouth deceased people they never knew. (on Thai Visa)

Like: The fact that they've created a law of no houses built above 80 meters. Leaves a lot of jungle intact. (although most of it is rubber trees)

Dislike: The ridiculous traffic light system here where only one in 4 of the directions can go at one time. (leaving many just sitting and staring at no one moving)

Like: that they reduced the space where umbrella vendors can set up on the beach to 10%

Dislike: that they took down all the beach restaurants: having breakfast or dinner on the beach was a luxury, so, IMO it would be better to let them use 10% of the beach also.

Edited by fiddlehead

Could add a couple of things

Like my dealings with bureaucracy. Immigration. Government Offices. Never had any trouble. Polite and efficient. Not like returning to the UK

Don't have to fill my own petrol tank.

Ordered goods arrive with a guy to install them before you get home from the shop.

I have one problem. I dislike Thai Food. Boring and monotonous particularly street food. Sure if you go to expensive restaurants you kind find different/more unusual things.

Also dislike the whole electrics set up. Dangerous and apt to lose power.

I like the sex bangin as much as I can and drinkin piss all day.

If you get pi$$ed all day, how are going to be able to have sex bangin at night?

yeah right, but the bangin part is all in my head ... the gettin pissed all day is real

but on the rare occasion I get the sex .... haha

I do not believe you get pissed all day, every day the way you always say you do. You seem too good natured for that.

There are good natured alchies amounst us.

Folk who write books about LOS that don't live or have never lived here that tell us all farangs who do are daft..rolleyes.gif

Same folk who join/lurk LOS forums spouting the same crap..........bah.gif

and some of them who never even visited LOS have the biggest mouth solely based on hearsay laugh.png

Could add a couple of things

Like my dealings with bureaucracy. Immigration. Government Offices. Never had any trouble. Polite and efficient. Not like returning to the UK

Don't have to fill my own petrol tank.

Ordered goods arrive with a guy to install them before you get home from the shop.

I have one problem. I dislike Thai Food. Boring and monotonous particularly street food. Sure if you go to expensive restaurants you kind find different/more unusual things.

Also dislike the whole electrics set up. Dangerous and apt to lose power.

Perhaps you should try the daily markets in preference to the street stalls. I eat about 85% Thai food,buy it at the markets

from trusted suppliers. Sai Ua, barbecued fish, deep-fried crab, crispy chicken and pork sausages. Accompanied by sweet corn, potato, carrot, okra and long beans.

Very simple to reheat in a microwave or cook on an induction heater. I do have a Thai GF to take care of that detail for me.

If I'm eating out, I like Pad Thai Goong, Pad Siew Gai and Mussuman curry. It's a matter of finding the restaurants who do Thai food well.

Edited by bazza40

Love most things except the Driving,..... ITS SCARY.......

You can get used to it if you learn to drive defensively. I've driven scooters and cars around Chiang Mai and to Chiang Rai for 5 years now, touch wood have not had an accident. Just get out of the way of the maniacs, they'll be further up the road in a rollover.

I drive a lot in Thailand (a pick-up truck), mostly along the main highways but also on some countryside roads. Not much in town.

I find it mostly without worries these days. I remember the late 80s/early 90s... it was wild then, especially with not many 4-lane highways.

The main source of trouble is the terrible potholes that can sometimes shake the car so much you can hardly hold the wheel and the silly things it makes people do when they avoid them. The Bangkok-Khampeang Phet highway for example has become worse and worse over the past 5 years or so. Too much government money for maintenance roadworks converted to Benz cars, swimming pools and 3D home cinemas I guess.

Edited by Lannig

Love most things except the Driving,..... ITS SCARY.......

Been driving here for the last 10 years , just remember that the average Thai driver has nothing between his/her ears except the words "me first"smile.png

Like: Chiang Mai Flower Market

Like: Phu Ruea

Dislike: Everything to do with the Thai education system

Dislike: That even my totally Thai step-daughter's teenage friends are not allowed by their parents to come to the house to hang out with her. Why? Not family! But they can all sit in the dirt at the roadside outside school til all hours of the night.

Got a couple more!

Like: The birds in our garden. Bee Eaters, Hoopoes, Herons, Egrets, Magpie Robins, Sunbirds, Fantails and enough brawling sparrows to make Yeats happy.

Dislike: Those pickup trucks with million decibel sound systems that drive around at 5kph advertising rubbish.

i dislike the idea of foreigner can only allowed to purchase condo and not landed properties.. not even one for their own residential stay purpose.... this is not fair... I also dislike the price of cars and gasoline are expensive. I also dislike it for not able to differentiate a real girl and a ladyboy from the way they look...

I love the food, the people, less racism as compared to my home country, cheap cost of living, happening city, and etc....

Edited by daviddabit

I like the absolute sense of freedom in Thailand. No nanny state watching every step you take.

From OP "I dislike all drivers!" Do you actually drive here?

I love driving here and feel perfectly safe.

"No nanny state watching every step you take" in Thailand, eh? I wouldn't bank on that belief notion, if I were you.coffee1.gif

I think you have the inner workings of a nanny and a totalitarian state a bit mixed up. A totalitarian state will throw an unlucky few in the dungeons, but largely ignore the masses.

A nanny state will through taxes, regulations and laws control every step of your life. They tax the 90% rich and give to the 90% poor.

I like the subtle competition in posts about how long people have lived in Thailand, even people who have never even visited often start by saying, "I've been living here since ...", the record as I recall is fifty years although I'm sure there 's someone who can/will beat that - for the avoidance of doubt, I've lived here for seventy three years and four months and I'm only sixty six!

Edited by chiang mai

I like the subtle competition in posts about how long people have lived in Thailand, even people who have never even visited often start by saying, "I've been living here since ...", the record as I recall is fifty years although I'm sure there 's someone who can/will beat that - for the avoidance of doubt, I've lived here for seventy three years and four months and I'm only sixty six!

But did you write books on LOS.....?..........laugh.png

You'll find I'm mentioned in almost every book on northern Thailand, one way or the other. biggrin.png

And something else I like, visitors and expats claiming they were scammed and then verbally abused: I ordered this special dish with rice and do you know how much it cost me, thirty five baht plus they wanted an extra five baht for a fried egg on top, can you imagine the nerve, the thieving bar stewards - and then, as I'm walking away the server swore at me in Thai and said capom or something, they don't really want us here, they just want our money.

Edited by chiang mai

dislikes

tourists and moaning farangs. visa dodgers, breaking the law then complaining when one gets fined by the police, its a set up hahahahaha

everything thai hahahahahahahahah

I was driving along sukhumvit road yesterday and saw many farang crossing the busy road without using the overhead pedestrian bridge which is steps away from them... I started to think whether they would do the same in their home country...haha

Many of my likes are also dislikes:

The weather

The food

The wife

Dislikes:

The drivers

Quality of technology

The beer

The convenience of daily life

The prices to eat out

The more relaxed attitude in most situations.

I love:

the climate,

most of the food,

the relaxed atmosphere outside the tourist hotspots,

the sense of freedom and the lack of an omni-present nanny state full of dogooders and leeches.

I dislike:

the rubbish and filth,

the general lack of environmental awareness and

stingy and miserable expats who whinge and whine about the heat and their ex-wives.

Couple more

Like:General lack of obsession with houses and prices. When I go back to the UK seems no other topic of conversation. I'm sure hi-so people agonise. Most people I know happy to have a roof over their head

Dislike; Price of rural land, which seems excessive.