Police clearance report

I was in Bangkok from Sept-1997 to Dec-1999 as a Student in Asian Institute of Technology. Right now I am in USA and I have filed an Immigration for Canada. Canadian Immigration Authority need a Ploice Clearance Report from Bangkok for me. They have asked me produce a Police Clearance Certificate from Thai Police, since I was more than 6 months in Thailand.

Currently, I am doing my PhD research and will be difficult from me to fly all the way to Thailand.

Q. 1 Is there any way I can get my Police Clearnce Report by Post, if I request by Fax or Mail to Police Department or Immigration Department?

Q. 2 I do not know which is the right Department to contact for this and what is their address?

Please help me in this matter if anybody can.

You could try to post your application with finger prints included, according to another source I've got:

Police certificates are obtainable from:

Section 3, Sub-Division 2.  General Staff Division

Special Branch

Royal Thai Police Department

Rama I Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Residents of Thailand requesting a Thai police certificate will need to present two recent photographs (2 inch x 2 inch), the original and a copy of his/her passport, identification card, household registration, name change certificate (if any), marriage and divorce certificate (if any).  Thai males aged 17-45 must also present military record or proof of exemption from military service.

Non-residents should send their requests to the Royal Thai Police Department at the above address with the required documents and a fingerprint taken by a police authority at their place of residence.

Normal processing time is two to three weeks.  There is no processing fee.

Usually the cops want 3 copies of the prints and have the seal of a Thai Embassy or Consulate affixed.    There is no    fee as such, but they might seek a lil Tea money and they won't pay the postage to fwd the clearance to you.    It'll     be easier if you have old friends at the Institute to lodge     the prints and collect