Ozone Machine For Air

seeker108

Hi All,

Anyone have an ozone generating machine to lend or rent or know of anywhere one is available in Chiang Mai? I left my car parked for 3 weeks and when the missus checked it after returning it was apparently loaded with mold and mildew inside. We had it thoroughly and professionally cleaned, but still has a bit of a smell. Ozone is great for just this sort of thing apparently.

If anyone knows of anything else effective for this kind of problem I would love to hear of it.

Thanks

Seeker :o

Hi All,

Anyone have an ozone generating machine to lend or rent or know of anywhere one is available in Chiang Mai? I left my car parked for 3 weeks and when the missus checked it after returning it was apparently loaded with mold and mildew inside. We had it thoroughly and professionally cleaned, but still has a bit of a smell. Ozone is great for just this sort of thing apparently.

If anyone knows of anything else effective for this kind of problem I would love to hear of it.

Thanks

I cannot offer any help on the ozone machine. Never needed anything like that as I have never had a problem with mold or mildew.

My car when parked (for up to four months at a time) is under cover and there has never been a hint of either mold or mildew.

If you car is watertight (helpful if it is undercover as well) and nothing damp (not even a damp rag that has been used to clean the windscreen) is left locked up inside you should not have a problem related to dampness.

I appreciate that you want to fix the problem this time, but you might next time think about fixing the cause.

That's about all that I can suggest (other than opening the car up and leave it sitting in the sun for a few hours)

Hi John, Thanks for the tips. I also have never had this kind of problem here and can't figure why it happened as I was not around when the car was parked. The car is watertight and was supposedly locked up tight with nothing in it. Been doing the same things you have just mentioned (lots of fresh air and sunshine) and it is doing a lot to solve the problem already.

Would still love to blast it with ozone if anyone knows of a machine anywhere in town.

Thanks all!

Hi John, Thanks for the tips. I also have never had this kind of problem here and can't figure why it happened as I was not around when the car was parked. The car is watertight and was supposedly locked up tight with nothing in it. Been doing the same things you have just mentioned (lots of fresh air and sunshine) and it is doing a lot to solve the problem already.

Would still love to blast it with ozone if anyone knows of a machine anywhere in town.

Thanks all!

ozone is one way to go but might be better to use a combination of vinegar or hydrogen peroxide in water and spray on everything and into crevices and fabric and also so leaving the vehice open to bright sunlight and fresh air will help also.

Ozonating water produces a natural H202 ( hydrogen peroxide) which is very effective at killing anerobic bacteria. Just buy technical grade H202 at pharmacy or medical supply store on suthep road near Nimmanhemin intersection and add to water and spray liberally into crevices and fabrics.

Then leave in ventilated sunny area... should help a lot.

Hi All,

Thanks

try to clean all your car with RA KILLER 2 brand name DUCK RA-KILLER 2 made by Johnson

for sure you can find in carrefour and maybe lotus tesco

I have not seen here in Thailand, never looked for it, but else were you can buy these small ozone generators you plug into the cig lighter. Used to have one myself and it was great, removed any odeur instantly.

Used to see them at petrol stations, car supply stores and in big dep stores like Carrefour/Tesco in the car supply section. Only cost US$10-20 i think.

• 1 year later...

Thanks all!

ozone is one way to go but might be better to use a combination of vinegar or hydrogen peroxide in water and spray on everything and into crevices and fabric and also so leaving the vehice open to bright sunlight and fresh air will help also.

Ozonating water produces a natural H202 ( hydrogen peroxide) which is very effective at killing anerobic bacteria. Just buy technical grade H202 at pharmacy or medical supply store on suthep road near Nimmanhemin intersection and add to water and spray liberally into crevices and fabrics.

Then leave in ventilated sunny area... should help a lot.

I'll agree with CSN on this one. A 50% vinegar solution lightly sprayed all over the interior, the car shut up tightly for a day or two, then aired out for a couple of days will remove all organic smells,. You won't even smell the vinegar. There is also a product called 'Febreez' that is very effective at removing smells from fabrics, especially tobacco smoke smell, and is often used by people trying to clear their cars and homes after parties.

Another home remedy that is quite cheap, easy and efficient is to buy a couple or more bags of charcoal at 5bhatt/bag and spread them on newspaper on the floor, so as not to make a mess and it will absorb odors easily. have done the same for referidgerators when not in use.

then you can have a bar-b-q after...........

• 7 months later...

Interesting! Including all suggestions for home remedies.

Given the tropical climate, what remedies might be useful to take the rainy season odor out of, say, the space between a concrete slab or form above and drop-down ceiling below?

Interesting! Including all suggestions for home remedies.

Given the tropical climate, what remedies might be useful to take the rainy season odor out of, say, the space between a concrete slab or form above and drop-down ceiling below?

Depends on access, if you have good access, like ceiling tiles you can easily remove, ventilation with a fan for several days might be enough. Got to be sure it is "rainy season odor" and not something else like critters or moisture that should not be there. Unusual problem, how did you learn that there was odor in that space? About how much space is there between the bottom of the beams that support the concrete slab and the top inside of the ceiling? Enough for good airflow or do close to ceiling beams effectively divide the area into spaces that would require individual treatment or are all the beams over walls and therefore not a problem?