Bus to Suvarnabhumi

TheCruncher

A friend who is here with his Thai wife and baby, and leaves at midday, has asked me to drop him off at the Pattaya Nua Bus station since he want to take the bus to the airport.

He tells me the price is something like 100+ Baht and will take him straight to the airport.

I was always from the impression that the airport service was Bell travel, cost something like 200 Baht, and doesn't leave from Pattaya Nua. He stays at Jomtien anyway.

Can someone confirm about the bus to airport please.

The airport busses leave from Thrapaya Rd (between Fraser's sports bar and the junction with Threpasit Rd) every hour.

I used it in November, 122 Baht, comfortable and air conditioned. Traveling time is approximately 1hr 45 mins.

The airport busses leave from Thrapaya Rd (between Fraser's sports bar and the junction with Threpasit Rd) every hour.

I used it in November, 122 Baht, comfortable and air conditioned. Traveling time is approximately 1hr 45 mins.

Just to add, remember to book in advance by a couple of days.......dont expect to turn up at the departure time and there be a spare seat for you..........I used the service last week and they had 2 buses on for the 9pm run to the airport, guess that one is the busiest to cater for all those departing Suvarnabhumi in the early hours.

Just to add, remember to book in advance by a couple of days.......dont expect to turn up at the departure time and there be a spare seat for you..........I used the service last week and they had 2 buses on for the 9pm run to the airport, guess that one is the busiest to cater for all those departing Suvarnabhumi in the early hours.

He hasn't booked, and leaves in 3 hours, so will see how that turns out

I can appreciate what you're saying regarding the later busses, it could well be the same scenario first thing in the morning too.

I was on the 10am bus, which wasn't even a third full.

Great way to get into BKK too, just hop on the airport BTS link, no traffic or tolls, cheap and comfortable.

Bell Bus leaves at Pattaya Nuea just around the corner from the other bus terminals/stops.

They have their own AC building.

They cost 250 which WOULD include pickup from (nearest) hotel/appartement (they have a big list).

But if you want to drop off your friend anyway then the Jomtien bus might be the better choice (depending on where to where in Pattaya/Jomtien).

I have never booked and there was always a seat available, since they leave every hour there he can always wait for the next one...

I have never booked and there was always a seat available, since they leave every hour there he can always wait for the next one...

Same here, never had a problem going to the airport but coming back the next bus is usually full. Now when I go into BKK for the day I buy my return for later in the day when I get there.

Archived