• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it.

But we don't all pay.

Then you must live in total isolation.

Nope. Happily married.

Then you pay a price in some way, admit to it or not. Impossible to have a relationship where you don't have to give something up, but live in denial, that's your prerogative.

I get it.

But we don't all pay.

Then you must live in total isolation.

Nope. Happily married.

Then you pay a price in some way, admit to it or not. Impossible to have a relationship where you don't have to give something up, but live in denial, that's your prerogative.

I don't share your bleak view of relationships.

I chose to be with my wife. It's not some compromise I made in order to have sex with her.

I'm not paying for it.

I don't share your bleak view of relationships.

I chose to be with my wife. It's not some compromise I made in order to have sex with her.

I'm not paying for it.

It's not a bleak view, it's an honest view, and I don't know why you are so fixated on sex as part of your argument. Nothing to do with sex, compromise is giving something up, ie paying, but like I said before, you just can't grasp the concept. So I'll cease and desist.

The whole idea we were talking about was paying for sex. If not, what are you talking about paying for?

You've clearly drifted a long way from the point in your efforts to defend your cliched, asinine statement. But the fact remains - we don't all pay for it.

The whole idea we were talking about was paying for sex. If not, what are you talking about paying for?

You've clearly drifted a long way from the point in your efforts to defend your cliched, asinine statement. But the fact remains - we don't all pay for it.

Like I said, you lost the plot. Don't worry about it, happens to all of us as we get older.

So when you said 'we all pay for it', what were you talking about paying for?

It's not important, haven't got the energy to keep rehashing the same points. If you feel that you don't have to "pay" (not with money) in any way in your relationship, then lucky you.

Here is the summary of this whole page of replies. One poster lives in reality and is trying to have a rational conversation. Another poster lives in a dreamworld where everything is perfect in LOS. So perfect in fact that he has to spend almost every waking moment on TVF to defend Thailand or his unique point of view on everything.

edit: back on topic. Why do old guys come to Thailand? because they are bored with their lives somewhere else. So they come here to avoid boredom. Eventually its seems to become boring just like at home if ones poster counts are a judgment of anything.

Edited by 1BADDAT

I don't see where anyone claimed everything was perfect in Thailand.

In fact, I don't see anything remotely resembling the discussion you describe. Are you reading the right thread?

I know exactly what he's talking about, I think you might as well.

more young guys would come here if they had the money and visa options but it is only mostly retired guys who have the cash and access to the retirement visa. funny how not so many people talk about us under 50 year olds who live in thailand.

If had money Why need Thailand?

90% what i meet guys honestly can see it important reason money( some cheap cost)

90% old guys I meet had younger than them to 20-35 year thai lady.

So yes may be like weather and food. But its far way from first reason come to Thailand.

Or old women do not like weather and thai food?

:)

Ps

All i know guys with money from UK.

Stay in Spain/France 2-3 month Uk 2-3 month Swizerland 2-3 month and traveling around world.

Why do not like ve honestly?

Ps

I poor guy so now live in Thailand.

VISA i do not think its vig problem

Near 2 year i be on Tourist Visa.

Have many option for Visa in Thailand.

In fact, I don't see anything remotely resembling the discussion you describe. Are you reading the right thread?

Nope. We were discussing the concept of 'paying for it'. I don't see how that has anything to do with what he mentions. Nobody was claiming everything in Thailand was perfect, or saying anything remotely resembling that at all.

Nope. We were discussing the concept of 'paying for it'. I don't see how that has anything to do with what he mentions. Nobody was claiming everything in Thailand was perfect, or saying anything remotely resembling that at all.

Well I have an inkling, perhaps the poster will clarify his remarks.

Well I have an inkling, perhaps the poster will clarify his remarks.

I guess we'll have to wait and find out, seeing as you seem to be unwilling to clarify yours.

much more beautiful young ladies than i could have got at home, and i don't mean pulling bargirls..

So mean at home you be poor looser and now had filling muchacho- kukaracho?:) ...

And ofcouse its becouse in Thailand you type its be so needs for girls.

Not because girls need your wallet. ..;)

You make my day.

You ofcouse not understand what i say. But so many on TV understand.

Good luck.

From heart wish you happy life with your wife. And no metter what another people say or thinks.

Edited by ardokano

Your point was nonsense. The whole 'we all pay' thing is a silly cliche trotted out by those who seek to justify their actions.

BTW, what "actions" do I have to justify?

The fact you pay to

get a woman to be

with you.

Sometimes I pay a woman to not be with me.
Ha ha not only You.

And why its almast cost me more when women stay with me?

I guess we'll have to wait and find out, seeing as you seem to be unwilling to clarify yours.

No need to clarify, all parties understand my post. And if they don't, then it's really not worth explaining.

Back on topic. Why do you think most old guys come (or stay) in Thailand?

No need to clarify, all parties understand my post. And if they don't, then it's really not worth explaining.

I don't. If you have something to say, why not man up and actually say it?

I don't. If you have something to say, why not man up and actually say it?

very ironic from someone who routinely picks and chooses what he replies to.

Almost all of your posts paint Thailand, or your life in a rather positive light. You seem to enjoy sitting on your high horse looking down on others.

In this particular thread you mention how happily married you are and that there are no sacrifices with your marriage. Even though another poster tried to present his position several different ways, you never even really try to have a conversation with him, just try and win your argument.

What does my marriage have to do with painting Thailand in a positive light?

I'm not looking down on anyone. Read my posts in this thread - as I said, I don't have a problem with anyone paying for sex. I'm just pointing out that it's wrong to say we all do it.

You seem to have an issue with me that goes way beyond what's been posted in this thread. Might I remind you that its decent netiquette to attack the actual posts, not the poster?

I'm not looking down on anyone. Read my posts in this thread - as I said, I don't have a problem with anyone paying for sex. I'm just pointing out that it's wrong to say we all do it.

You seem to have an issue with me that goes way beyond what's been posted in this thread. Might I remind you that its decent netiquette to attack the actual posts, not the poster?

I have never met someone as fixated as you, who keeps avoiding the pertinent points. I have told you several times that my argument wasn't about paying for sex, but paying in other ways within a relationship, but you keep harping back to someone (me) saying we all pay for sex, when that is not what I said at all. For goodness sake, quit when you are so far behind.

I have never met someone as fixated as you, who keeps avoiding the pertinent points. I have told you several times that my argument wasn't about paying for sex, but paying in other ways within a relationship, but you keep harping back to someone (me) saying we all pay for sex, when that is not what I said at all. For goodness sake, quit when you are so far behind.

As I've repeatedly told you, I know what you mean about paying in other ways - that's implicit in the whole cliche of 'we all pay for it in one way or another'.

If you weren't talking about paying for sex, what were you talking about paying for?

Yep, I agree, 99% of foreign men are in Thailand for the cheap sex.

It ain't that great a place to be otherwise.

Without the availability of the cheap women, I'd be in Spain/France/Portugal/Florida, all much nicer and safer places to live. Better food, and maybe even cheaper living.

And why pick on old guys?

Young guys are here for the cheap women too!

your a classy guy. Why dont you try to get into a normal relationship and therefore not have to pay

Do you think you don't pay in a "normal" relationship? If not in money, you'll pay in some other way. Loss of freedom, doing things that you'd rather not do, getting nagged etc.

So what you're saying

is you can't get a

woman to be with you

because she actually

likes you?

Just making sure

Just for reference - here's the original exchange.

As I've repeatedly told you, I know what you mean about paying in other ways - that's implicit in the whole cliche of 'we all pay for it in one way or another'.

If you weren't talking about paying for sex, what were you talking about paying for?

I was talking about the price of having a "normal" relationship, and how we pay in non monetary ways.