Note 5 ,Marshmallow 6.0.1 yet?

does any note 5s in the country got the marshmallow update yet ?

in have two in the house and neither of them show any signs of upgrading from 5.1.1.

every timwe i check

i might just flash it manualy but i like the custom rom im on now so MM would need to be

good to beat that ......

Seems as clear as mud, two different sites say different things:

SAMSUNG

Samsung's Android updates tend to be drawn-out affairs, as the company has to work to tweak its own custom TouchWiz UI on top of new Google software. It's not alone on that front, of course.

However, last year's Android 5.0 update came relatively swiftly, just a month after it was released by Google. Of course, it didn't roll out to the entire Samsung range.

Thanks to a recent leak, we now have what looks like a complete timetable of when Sammy's phones should get the Marshmallow update.

Things kick-off with the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ in December 2015, with the S6 and S6 Edge following on in January next year. Both the Note 4 and Note Edge should get it in February, while the S5 and Galaxy Alpha are still 'waiting for approval'.

Update - 15/02/16: Samsung has announced that Android 6.0 is rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from today. Other Galaxy devices will soon follow.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/android-6-0-marshmallow-update#QlVYO2wQzzR8iYHt.99

Or

Android 6.0 Marshmallow update: Samsung

The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge began receiving Marshmallow on February 15. The rollout is ongoing with many devices yet to receive it, so remain patient if your device hasn't seen any Marshmallow yet. It's on its way. The announcement was made through the Samsung Newsroom.

Samsung hasn't officially commented on its update schedule, but T-Mobile has listed its first wave of Android devices set to receive Android 6.0, including the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, with more sure to receive the update later. In addition, SamMobile has reported on a list of devices that Samsung has been testing Marshmallow on. The list is preliminary and subject to change, but gives a good indication of devices that are likely to receive the update:

There has been a series of leaks of Samsung's roadmap for the release of Marshmallow. The third and most recent of these timetables leaked in late January, and shows that Samsung has pushed back the release of Marshmallow again.

The new timetable places the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ updates in February, the S6 and S6 Edge in February/March and other devices as late as April. There's no mention of the Tab A or Tab S2 on this roadmap, suggesting they have slipped to phase two of the rollout.

source: https://www.androidpit.com/android-marshmallow-update-overview-for-smartphones-and-tablets#Samsung

Had it since 14th of February. If you look at my Note 5 thread. It was released in Cambodia last month. The phones are identical here and there. Took about 3 minutes. There isnt any root required, becaused it is a verified official samsung rom.

Just used the official utility and done. Nothing special in the update dont expect major changes, specially with battery.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

b6b9a8f957fcfef151b335b641484b6a.jpg

i downloaded the latest version that was realesed in UAE or TURKEY last week and flashed it manually

its not bad actually

i was able to get the root access back in about 20 mins after a bit of google+youtube biggrin.png

its got a lot more permissions to grant or deny for each app but i prefer the cleaner interface and new colour scheme ....

I did the update 2 days ago right here at home in Ban Chang. Went on the Check for Updates area of the device. The update was available. Download and update took maybe 20 to 30 minutes using my home WIFI connection.

After the update Not 5 is working well. I do not notice any dramatic changes.

Archived