Coffee machine for about 5k baht.

condo bought

N/B only takes a minute of two to heat up from cold.

I have found that if you switch it on put coffee in dispenser by the time you have put the Dispenser back and put cup under it's ready for use.

That's quick.

Good info, thanks.

Just been into the kitchen and timed it exactly 43 seconds. That's from turn on to it was ready to dispense.

So when I said you have time to put coffee in and cup under you had better be quick.

How it works plug in press the button near the top the left amber light comes on when the right light green comes on it's ready.

Turn the switch to the left and it dispenses the coffee turn off once you have enough in your cup.

By turning the switch to right you get steam.

Simple even my Thai wife can do it. How simple do you want.

N/B There are several companies as well as Duchess 'Cusino' is one I remember that sell the same thing just have different names maybe different colour.

What are these Nescafe Machines like?

r24xxh.jpg

Not sure if you need to buy special capsules for the Latte etc, or if you fill up the machine with the coffee and whatever, and then it makes it 'fresh'.

Never tried!,

but instant flavored capsules can only be used and not they are not cheap! ..... go for a real coffee machine! Several suggested! ^

If wanting foamy milk, use a stick blender with skimmed milk! (a regular blender may work too? )

http://www.lazada.co...58-3792040.html - bought this machine from Lazada 8 months ago, delighted. It was a little cheaper but it didn't come with the item on the right side of the picture. Only slight downside is that the coffee stream doesn't cut off automatically, you have to watch it (perhaps 2.5 minutes) and press the button to switch off the process. Can also heat milk for latte.

I'm in Chiang Mai, we buy a hill tribe ready ground 'classic' roast comes in foil vacuum packed silver bag.

A cup of fresh coffee in 3 minutes - wonderful, highly recommended.

Edited by scorecard

I own a 15k machine myself , Philips Saeco, with a built-in grinder. Never had a problem with it for 4 years now. You just press the button and wait , sounds like a better option for the OP. I clean it after 100 cups , very easy to clean the different parts . Normally I use Boncafe espresso beans or blended with robusta. I think the coffee I prepare at home beats any coffee shop including Starbucks etc,

If I ever have to buy a new one I will stick to the same brand.

HD8745_47_IMS_en_US.jpg

Edited by balo

This has been a very interesting and informative post.......

The advice to nuke the milk is so obvious (when you think about) ...but nevertheless a great idea.....

I started a post a week or so ago about Lazada......for machines.......so this post and your responses are very timely for me

Thanks everyone.......from a boring English instant coffee man......(as we mostly are).......who has seen the light, but needs to be educated on real coffee making

Can't say I am very impressed with Starbucks in the past months, their coffee seems weaker.....much prefer Coffee Club ......albeit that the price in both establishments are on a par to the charges in the UK

I bought the red Duchess one (CM5000) very happy with it. I was expecting that it takes the same time to heat up as a kettle or hot water jug that they have here, absolutely not. From plugging it in, it will be steaming hot by the time you've gotten out your cup.

What are these Nescafe Machines like?

r24xxh.jpg

Not sure if you need to buy special capsules for the Latte etc, or if you fill up the machine with the coffee and whatever, and then it makes it 'fresh'.

Never tried!,

but instant flavored capsules can only be used and not they are not cheap! ..... go for a real coffee machine! Several suggested! ^

If wanting foamy milk, use a stick blender with skimmed milk! (a regular blender may work too? )

stay away from these things, the coffee is not instant, it is ground individual servings and the machine is set up so you can only use the proprietary coffee from nescafe.

these things are a testament to waste, packing coffee which is entirely biodegradeable, into massive amounts of aluminium and plastic.

I believe switzerland has outlawed them.

its not like pouring ground coffee into the filter cup is rocket science or inconvenient to begin with

• 1 year later...

i cant get my head around the love for french press coffee, it is always weak/thin no matter how much coffee is used. not 'bad' per se, but super basic.  (6/10)

i have a stovetop moka pot that makes basic espresso, but no crema and thinnish body. (7/10)

nespresso machines make awesome coffee but the pod price is just insane. (9/10)

im looking at the duchess/minimex machines thinking this is about as cheap as you can find for 'proper' thick creamy espresso...  (8/10 )

the 60-100k baht machines are nice but im not rich/stupid enough to even consider one of those. (10/10)

Edited by edgarfriendly

4 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

i cant get my head around the love for french press coffee, it is always weak/thin no matter how much coffee is used. not 'bad' per se, but super basic.  (6/10)

i have a stovetop moka pot that makes basic espresso, but no crema and thinnish body. (7/10)

nespresso machines make awesome coffee but the pod price is just insane. (9/10)

im looking at the duchess/minimex machines thinking this is about as cheap as you can find for 'proper' thick creamy espresso...  (8/10 )

the 60-100k baht machines are nice but im not rich/stupid enough to even consider one of those. (10/10)

I would agree with your rating system, there are lots of 10k  machines that will make a real cup of coffee.

I brought with me on the plane an espresso machine with automatic grinder. I bought it in Greece 5 years ago,  I paid €230 for it and here in Thailand the same model was sold for 30k baht, 3 times more than in Greece, 

After 5 years the coffee is still perfect , I make sure to clean it regularly .  

This is the model . 

HD8645_47-IMS-en_US?$jpglarge$&wid=1250

• 2 weeks later...

i went with the duchess for 2190 reduced from 8890.

apart from my partner 'not' throwing away the pretty pointless steam wand shroud it has worked without flaw for a full week and a half.

smashes the quality of the moka pot but seems to get much less out of the same amount of beans.

ie i got a full cup of strong coffee, now i get a half cup of strong thicker creamier coffee.

i see in the flow when the grinds are spent... easy to keep going and dilute the brew but why bother..