Work Permit X 2

To you all,

I am currently working in Thailand with a work permit but I am in the process of setting up a business. I am looking to work in my current position, which is for somebody else but also assist in my new venture, my question being is it possible to get 2 work permits?

Ruds

To you all,

I am currently working in Thailand with a work permit but I am in the process of setting up a business. I am looking to work in my current position, which is for somebody else but also assist in my new venture, my question being is it possible to get 2 work permits?

Ruds

If it is inside the same province. They use the same work permit but put two different locations of work.

The work permit for the second job will be the same as the first application. Everything is the same steps.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

To you all,

Ruds

If it is inside the same province. They use the same work permit but put two different locations of work.

The work permit for the second job will be the same as the first application. Everything is the same steps.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Ok but what if the nature of the work is totally different?

Ruds

• 4 weeks later...

Ruds

Is ok and it does not matter.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi,

Sorry but I had different information from Work Permit City Hall Staff in Chiangmai.

My question was : Do I need another work permit to work in Lamphun (my first job was in Chiang Mai)?

Answer : NO, we can write on the work permit the second company (she shows me on which page), and I have a small fee to pay. But only if this is the same kind of job !

Then she had, if the new company is a BOI company (as the first one is not), this is impossible and I need to cancel the first one and make a new work permit.

Maybe this helps ...

Philippe

Ruds

Is ok and it does not matter.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Hi,

Sorry but I had different information from Work Permit City Hall Staff in Chiangmai.

My question was : Do I need another work permit to work in Lamphun (my first job was in Chiang Mai)?

Answer : NO, we can write on the work permit the second company (she shows me on which page), and I have a small fee to pay. But only if this is the same kind of job !

Then she had, if the new company is a BOI company (as the first one is not), this is impossible and I need to cancel the first one and make a new work permit.

Maybe this helps ...

Philippe

If your work permit is in the same province. You can have two or three places of work with different employers. It does not matter what type of business they do. They will use the same work permit.

However, if one of these employers qualifies for the ONE Stop center, then you can cancel the work permit. You can apply at the One Stop Center for that employer and then have the other companies piggyback off your work permit and extension of stay. This BOI Company could be making dog biscuits and you are a teacher at the local University at night. It is allowed. We have seen some instances however the first employer needs to write a letter, they are ok with you having a second job.

If you have a work permit in one province and want to work in another province at the same time, you will have two work permits.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

If your work permit is in the same province. You can have two or three places of work with different employers. It does not matter what type of business they do. They will use the same work permit.

However, if one of these employers qualifies for the ONE Stop center, then you can cancel the work permit. You can apply at the One Stop Center for that employer and then have the other companies piggyback off your work permit and extension of stay. This BOI Company could be making dog biscuits and you are a teacher at the local University at night. It is allowed. We have seen some instances however the first employer needs to write a letter, they are ok with you having a second job.

If you have a work permit in one province and want to work in another province at the same time, you will have two work permits.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Just wondering: which Work permit will the Visa follow?

I suppose we will have to present all documents for both companies (in this case: first in BKK, new in another province) for yearly visa ext. at Soi Suan Plu then?

Would this also be the safest way to change employers? In case the 2nd company application fails, we would still have the first? When we asked this question in Din Deang, they said we will have to cancel the first before we can apply for a second in another province, but I though that sounded a bit dubious?

But how about the working hours and salary? 50k minimum x 2 jobs = 100 k minimum? I don't think it is written in the WP, but 2 x 40 hours = 80 hours? Doubtful, but would we then have to change the first work permit to reflect less salary and possibly working hours and if so, what happens if the second WP fails in regards to the visa?

Anything to worry about in regards to taxes?

any info will be appreciated!

BB