Fresh charge against Jenphop as model student victims laid to rest

webfact

My Thai wife tells me that the offending driver is gay. She found this out from watching the news. He also scares the hell out of the security personel manning the gate at the village where he lives, if the gate not up quick enough he just drives through it.

"... if the gate not up quick enough he just drives through it."

That being the case, I should think his insurance claims are through the roof.

Not necessarily.

He and his father own dealerships and dealeships either have their own bodyshop or have an independent bodyshop they are recommending. Either way, "Just fix the car" as soon as possible.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem persists because ordinary Thais accept it s normal. And if at all possible, they would also to climb the status tree and be free from and kind of repercussions of their own wrongdoings. That's also why you don't see politicians ever jailed. Because what goes around comes around.

Hopefully this jerk will be banned from driving for a very long time. And WHEN driving he is caught he'll go straight to jail. He will never see the inside of a prison for even one day. If those killed where my kids he'd be watching his back for the rest of his life. I'd get him one day.

Many ordinary Thais don't just aspire to this behaviour, they actually go out and do exactly the same thing. For every idiot speeding around in an expensive car there are 100 idiots speeding around in cheap pickup trucks, with the same lack of regard to other road users. While driving out on the same section of road yesterday, I saw the usual morons changing and cutting into lanes at high speed, trying to get one extra car length ahead of the traffic. The vast majority were in nondescript, if not decrepit, cars and trucks of all makes and prices. For them, it's a bigger gamble than for the hi-so-and-sos, as there's more to lose, but even so, it's still possible to hit someone lower in the food chain and get away with a slap on the wrist no matter what you drive.

I do the same on a motobike (at much lower speed though) but i do it because it's ridiculous how many drivers use the fast lane while driving very slow.

Slow traffic should keep left but they feel far too important to drive there.

Many times there's severe congestion and when i slalom to the front it's caused by one or two drivers only who are just being very selfish. If slow drivers just kept left they wouldn't have to slalom their cars around them.

So you pass on the inside?

Sounds like 2 wrongs making another wrong.

One of the more dangerous things for me here is that, because I do not ride in the gutter, I am buzzed and passed on the inside.

The problem persists because ordinary Thais accept it s normal. And if at all possible, they would also to climb the status tree and be free from and kind of repercussions of their own wrongdoings. That's also why you don't see politicians ever jailed. Because what goes around comes around.

Hopefully this jerk will be banned from driving for a very long time. And WHEN driving he is caught he'll go straight to jail. He will never see the inside of a prison for even one day. If those killed where my kids he'd be watching his back for the rest of his life. I'd get him one day.

i agree. with everything mentioned above except for dont see politicians ever jailed. its only politicians from a certain side never get jailed and only politicians from a certain side always get jailed. Some of them in jail now actually. :)

"Obstruction of justice was ... dropped because investigators could not agree on whether the charge covered Jenphop’s refusal to take a sobriety test ... "

I rather suspect that the Obstruction charge was dropped because Jenphop did not obstruct anything - the bent cops never asked Jenphop for a blood test, but were in fact expediting his transfer out of the province back to Bangkok.

The first stage of his disappearance and clearance coffee1.gif

One of the more dangerous things for me here is that, because I do not ride in the gutter, I am buzzed and passed on the inside.

Jacko45k. How long have you lived and driven in Thailand? There is no lane discipline here, they use all three lanes - at their discretion! They also drive on the wrong-right side of the road - at their discretion, and dont use lights, if they dont want to!

Jacko45k. How long have you lived and driven in Thailand? There is no lane discipline here, they use all three lanes - at their discretion! They also drive on the wrong-right side of the road - at their discretion, and dont use lights, if they dont want to!

11 years. I would say both at their own discretion and direction then. Lights bulbs are removed when vehicles are purchased as they are a waste of fuel.

The new government arrest police and border police but not the Thai judges who get paid off and lets these rich scum walk free with just a lot of tea money. Red Bull and Actress never served a day in prison. Thai judges are worst then the Thai police but untouchable. Need new judge system in Thailand need to be equal to all not just the rich who kill and walk away or text on the phone. why does money count when you kill some one.

The new government arrest police and border police but not the Thai judges who get paid off and lets these rich scum walk free with just a lot of tea money. Red Bull and Actress never served a day in prison. Thai judges are worst then the Thai police but untouchable. Need new judge system in Thailand need to be equal to all not just the rich who kill and walk away or text on the phone. why does money count when you kill some one.

No, you need a jury system here in Thailand. Harder to corrupt a 6 or 12 person jury than it is to bribe one judge, who probably became a judge by paying a bribe in the first place

• 2 months later...

My Thai wife tells me that the offending driver is gay. She found this out from watching the news. He also scares the hell out of the security personel manning the gate at the village where he lives, if the gate not up quick enough he just drives through it.

"... if the gate not up quick enough he just drives through it."

That being the case, I should think his insurance claims are through the roof.

so is the gate 555555555

Many ordinary Thais don't just aspire to this behaviour, they actually go out and do exactly the same thing. For every idiot speeding around in an expensive car there are 100 idiots speeding around in cheap pickup trucks, with the same lack of regard to other road users. While driving out on the same section of road yesterday, I saw the usual morons changing and cutting into lanes at high speed, trying to get one extra car length ahead of the traffic. The vast majority were in nondescript, if not decrepit, cars and trucks of all makes and prices. For them, it's a bigger gamble than for the hi-so-and-sos, as there's more to lose, but even so, it's still possible to hit someone lower in the food chain and get away with a slap on the wrist no matter what you drive.

I do the same on a motobike (at much lower speed though) but i do it because it's ridiculous how many drivers use the fast lane while driving very slow.

Many times there's severe congestion and when i slalom to the front it's caused by one or two drivers only who are just being very selfish. If slow drivers just kept left they wouldn't have to slalom their cars around them.

So where are the police m/c patrols ? Sitting in an airconditioned office i expect !

haven't collected enough tea money to buy them yet ???

Great that they added DUI to the charge, i said in an other topic to Twais that I thought it would be unlikely given the power that rich family had. I am happy I have to eat my words and see that its added to the charge. Twais you were right and I was wrong and I am more than happy about it. Lets see how the court case goes and hope they keep the pressure on.

Totaly agree with your sentiment, just hope the courts feels the same, and ensure justice is served.

The question is, do you pull in to let cars pass on the correct side?

Many don't here, and in that case I undertake.

Yes, I do, although on a 2 lane carriageway this should not be a problem. Worst is when a fast moving vehicle undertakes another car or truck as it overtakes me leaving a small enough space that I feel the draught and get a bit of a scare.

• 1 year later...
On 5/24/2016 at 6:21 AM, jonw8uk said:

undertake  then  pull  in  front  of  them  and  slow  down see how  they  like it..............theyll start  flashing  lights whilst  failing to  see  the  irony

undertake  then  pull  in  front  of  them  and  slow  down see how  they  like it..............theyll start  flashing  lights whilst  failing to  see  the  irony

I take it you've got bulletproof glass?