Terrorist Dog

How do you deal with a problem like this please

A homeowner in a villa where we live has a dog , this dog has killed another small dog plus bitten some people and continues to chase motorbikes

The police have been told and told the owners to pen the dog to the garden this they have done

However they let the dog roam loose from about 6pm to about 8am and has been in fights with other dogs being walked on leads in the early morning

Our fear is now this dog has tasted blood could it attack a small child walking in the estate

We have even brought this to the Thessabhaan but still no action

The owners have been spoken to but seem to be in denial which is an issue

Anybody have a sensible answer to this issue

I would advice you keep clear of this dog as it seems to be highly aggressive.... For your own added safety I would r commend you use an app on your phone that generates a high frequency sound that the dog does not like and it will keep it away from you... I have had good results myself..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_renzo_macedo.Frequency_Generator&hl=en

What happened in our place, was the owner was told, if he didn't keep his dog in the yard, or on a lead, then the dog collectors would be called.

Since then the dog has been kept inside and walked on a lead when outside.

DMC1

How do I find the dog collectors in Samui ????

We have already tried Thessabaan hopeless

The owners are English and should know better but refuse all sensible approaches this dog is a bloody menace to all

DMC1

How do I find the dog collectors in Samui ????

We have already tried Thessabaan hopeless

The owners are English and should know better but refuse all sensible approaches this dog is a bloody menace to all

I'm not sure about Samui as we have a number to call here in Banglamung, Pattaya area & they will come & take away any dogs on the street causing a nuisance.

One time they did come and take one dog away but this time the owner was told & so far he's been been really good keeping the dog under control.

Not owned by Thai people and owner feeds dog

Come guys their must be a sensible solution here other than the courts

Dog walkers should carry a big stick. In your case I'd add a jiff lemon or small sqirty bottle/water pistol of vinegar etc which guarantees a 2M+ exclusion zone by day 3.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

Alf think its a Soi dog a Heinz 57

It's not the dogs fault the owners have no idea to train the dog and seem impervious to any approach form anybody on the estate

Nightmare it seems with no help from authorities

Killing or kidnapping the dog is not on our agenda

A real solution is what we want

From experience, legally if the dog attacks another dog on neutral ground, the police can not do anything about it. Even if the other dog is on a lead, dog vs dog is not a big issue here. Now if the dog bites a human, then it changes. A police report must be made and a demand for medical costs. This is important, not that you need the money, it is a legal document/record that the dog caused injury and they accepted the blame by paying you. The police will then give they a stern warning that they will be in a lot more trouble next time (make sure they get prompted to give this warning) and the dog can be seized and destroyed if not controlled. A few hours down the police station sorting this out is usually enough to give a foreigner a wake up call.

hope this helps

AG

From experience, legally if the dog attacks another dog on neutral ground, the police can not do anything about it. Even if the other dog is on a lead, dog vs dog is not a big issue here.

I would agree with that 100%

Now if the dog bites a human, then it changes.

What about reason to believe it will happen? The fact you did not even mention it suggests that you have not had to go down this road and the rules are very strange. It's a burden of proof issue and the reason I know this is because I'm a T12 paraplegic..... I have to consider these things. It's about ownership of the 'self' and said animal. "It's a burden of proof issue" They, after animal (any animal except human) is killed it is up to the 'owner' to prove it was not a threat rather than 'you' prove it was not.

A police report must be made and a demand for medical costs. This is important, not that you need the money, it is a legal document/record that the dog caused injury and they accepted the blame by paying you. The police will then give they a stern warning that they will be in a lot more trouble next time (make sure they get prompted to give this warning) and the dog can be seized and destroyed if not controlled. A few hours down the police station sorting this out is usually enough to give a foreigner a wake up call.

Do we know it is a foreign couple?

From experience, legally if the dog attacks another dog on neutral ground, the police can not do anything about it. Even if the other dog is on a lead, dog vs dog is not a big issue here.

I would agree with that 100%

Now if the dog bites a human, then it changes.

What about reason to believe it will happen? The fact you did not even mention it suggests that you have not had to go down this road and the rules are very strange. It's a burden of proof issue and the reason I know this is because I'm a T12 paraplegic..... I have to consider these things. It's about ownership of the 'self' and said animal. "It's a burden of proof issue" They, after animal (any animal except human) is killed it is up to the 'owner' to prove it was not a threat rather than 'you' prove it was not.

A police report must be made and a demand for medical costs. This is important, not that you need the money, it is a legal document/record that the dog caused injury and they accepted the blame by paying you. The police will then give they a stern warning that they will be in a lot more trouble next time (make sure they get prompted to give this warning) and the dog can be seized and destroyed if not controlled. A few hours down the police station sorting this out is usually enough to give a foreigner a wake up call.

Do we know it is a foreign couple?

He said owners are not Thai.

Have been in this situation with Police twice, and passing on what I have been told/learned from both experiences, so if the dog even nips anyone it must be reported to Police immediately, may save some nasty injuries to someone at a later date. Once it has bitten someone once and it has been reported, that dog is in last chance saloon literally. Until it bites, it seems that there is nothing legally some one can do, although there is a law about dogs/animals being in the wrong more if they are on someone's land, which I was told about too.

He said owners are not Thai.

Cheers. I had not noticed that information.

Have been in this situation with Police twice, and passing on what I have been told/learned from both experiences, so if the dog even nips anyone it must be reported to Police immediately, may save some nasty injuries to someone at a later date. Once it has bitten someone once and it has been reported, that dog is in last chance saloon literally. Until it bites, it seems that there is nothing legally some one can do, although there is a law about dogs/animals being in the wrong more if they are on someone's land, which I was told about too.

I believe it is more to do with the dog not being on its own land rather than on someone else's land or public land such as parks, beaches or roads.

Dear all

Thanks for the comments the owners of the dog are English and lived on our estate for many years

The got the dog by proxy as a Soi dog not bought by them but adoptedwithout training

This dog now has taken over as the alpha male on the estate and even had a go at a renters two Rotwiler pups soon to be 60 kgs and will eat this bigger

However in the mean time despite complaints to the police who have told these people to fence the dog in their garden which they have done only during the day they let it roam free form approx 6 pm to maybe 8am the

Following morning and is aggressive to walkers and motorbike during those times

Yes it has bitten a renter on the estate and a police file reported plus it has killed a small imported pedigree doe worth THB 50,000

The owners seem not to care about there neighbours or the offence they commit but in the UK they would have been in court and delpt with as a dangerous dog

Yes Thailand is different but a solution must be found

Sorry to prat on

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Thailand is different but a solution must be found

Sorry to prat on

If the farang owner doesn't give a shit, why should you?

Swedish meatball spiked with some laxatives, every second day, sorted.

his days as an alpha dog are over, and the owner gets what he deserves on his property...

Oh shit, I should have sent it with PM

I had this problem, though, with a Thai owner. The dog had bitten three people including the missus and snapped at all motorbike riders.

I told the owner that if the dog bit another person, I would personally kill it and I would take any consequences.

Don't know if it would work for you, but, it worked for me.

Yes appreciate the kill attitude but now we go to court

Would have loved to kill the bugger but as I have said it is not the dog who is at fault hear

Stupid people are at fault not the dog who is OK and will walk with you it is just not trained

You cannot legislate for ignorance