Just a thought.

Couldn't find on search, and a bit of a morbid question but I have a ! year marriage extension based on 400,000 etc renewed every year.

Someone asked me if something happened to wife ( may the gods forbid ) what would I have to do, get hold of another 400,000 to make up it to the required 800,000 for a retirement extension.

I said I don't have a clue, probably have to go and see what mercy the immigration comes up with.

Edited by Kwasaki

Couldn't find on search, and a bit of a morbid question but I have a ! year marriage extension based on 400,000 etc renewed every year.

Someone asked me if something happened to wife ( may the gods forbid ) what would I have to do, get hold of another 400,000 to make up it to the required 800,000 for a retirement extension.

I said I don't have a clue, probably have to go and see what mercy the immigration comes up with.

There is no mercy you refer to. Prob best option would be non o based on retirement. If the need ever arose. Yes you will need the extra 400k but remember only has to be in your account 3 months prior to your extension. 2 months for first Edited by jacksam
  • Like 1

Your extension would remain valid until the date it expires. That would give you time to look for other options.

Interesting, so death of a spouse doesn't invalidate the extension?

Yea..When did this go into effect?

June of 2014 according to my translator.

• Like 2

"get hold", if you have income or pension:

remember that for retirement extension you can use the combination of deposit and yearly income/pension to match 800k.

The method that is not available for marriage extension.

• Like 1

"get hold", if you have income or pension:

remember that for retirement extension you can use the combination of deposit and yearly income/pension to match 800k.

The method that is not available for marriage extension.

Thanks to all for replies, my wife said marry her sister, I think she was joking. laugh.png

I wasn't aware you could make up in combination the 800,000 required for a retirement extension, that's the better option for sure.