I moved back to the real world a short time ago. But, I must admit, I do miss the following:

mr chow

Seriously - Everyone I've spoken with over the past few years that has visited their homeland can't wait to get back here after about 2 weeks away.....

Seems to make little difference where they are from - Europe - UK - America(s) - Oz.....A lot feel more comfortable & embrace raising a young family here.....Some have been placed here by multi-national organizations or companies and decided to continue living here.....Ages ranging to late twenties onward.....People with lively, optimistic, adventurous spirits seem to fit better here.....

2 weeks away and they've had enough of experiencing their old world....

But obviously the OP isn't one of them.....

Itrs almast guys "got a wife half their age and are actually convinced she married them for love"?

gigglem.gif

Family comfortobale?

With no laws coruption?

its crime family?cheesy.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

post-114384-0-62212700-1458982123_thumb.

Edited by pgrahmm

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1450007307439.jpg

Ok Ok

I see you in "comfort" with your great-granddaughter on the avatar?thumbsup.gif

PS

Why people cant be honestlyblink.png

attachicon.gifthailand_lady_love_singha_540085.jpg

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1456102181663.jpg

Here - you must be coming up on your 24th day....If your intellect (and English) skills are too limited ask an eight year old Thai for help....

I do not need to use your experience of something .. in the image. If you use it does not mean that others need.cheesy.gif .. "manpons", even cant imagine what is. it is advised you to your great-granddaughter?

PS

On photo with you "eight year old Thai "?

Help you with "intellect" "skills"?

clap2.gif

Agaime tell You do not need to share your experience. its not realy usable..

PS

sense of humor you have lost before the birth of your great-granddaughter(i hope its great-granddaughter in your avatar) or after.whistling.gif

AND YES MY ENGLISH VERY POOR.. and I try changed it..

The 'real world' is under your own nose...no matter where you go,there you are. Wanting things to be different than the way they are insures you will never be happy wherever you are.

I don't want things to be different than the way they are. Simple but not easy....

You can be "right"or you can be happy. (notice "right" is abbreviated) beatdeadhorse.gif

The 'real world' is under your own nose...no matter where you go,there you are. Wanting things to be different than the way they are insures you will never be happy wherever you are.

I don't want things to be different than the way they are. Simple but not easy....

You can be "right"or you can be happy. (notice "right" is abbreviated) beatdeadhorse.gif

After read it

why for some reason I immediately remembered the..

post-219309-0-81795300-1459004180_thumb.

or I something wrong?

whistling.gif

and no I do not associate this is song with the guys who think thailand paradise. and so attacking the OP to tell the truth about thailand

I have this song, even with Thailand are not associated.

post-219309-0-25420300-1459004498_thumb.post-219309-0-83726600-1459004641_thumb.

biggrin.png

Edited by ardokano

Ridiculous visa runs and checks every 90 days

I haven't done a visa run since 2008, perhaps if you were eligible for a proper long stay visa you'd have been alright.

Maniacal drivers with death wishes

If you drive defensively, I find the roads very safe.

Chinese tourists for a bunch of reasons

They get a bad press, but every Chinese person I've met in person has been polite and friendly. And their skirts are to die for......

Black smoke billowing out of MANY vehicles

Very few cars have this problem in recent years.

Songtaews and tuk tuks for a hundred reasons

Occasionally I pay 18B for a Songtaew that takes me 25km. I find this service very helpful. Otherwise I don't interact with them, but I can't see why there would be a problem.

Paying " farang" prices

Speak Thai, it doesn't happen.

Did I mention the garlic wreaking money hungry Thai women ( and the hookers are worse )

Maybe its because I stink of garlic, but I have to say I haven't noticed the women smelling particularly bad. In fact, they smell lovely. And money hungry? Maybe its because you had nothing else to offer?

Having to whisper when discussing the ROYAL FAMILY

I don't talk about the Royal Family. They have no impact on my life, so why should I? Just like England.

Censors and the junta shit

Censors - Zenmate. Junta? No impact on my life since coming to power.

The ransom prices of western food

??? I can eat western food here for far less than I can back in England.

The slowness of the Internet

??? I get 13MB download in country, and sufficient to stream HD internationally. This isn't slow as far as I am aware.

A country with at least 5 genders

The open minded people are one of the many things that make this country great.

The wonderment of the burning season

You've missed it this year, AQI has barely crept above 100.

Paying overvalued amounts for ALL vehicles both new and used

My truck in the UK, around 1,000,000B. Here I bought new at 618,000B. Maintenance, fuel and insurance all substantially cheaper here.

Ordering 5 things in a restaurant and arriving 5 different times

And your problem? People order and eat together. The soup arrives, we eat soup, some veg arrive, we eat veg, the curry arrives, we eat curry, but there's still some soup and veg, so we eat that, the yam arrives, we're ordering more beer. Dining here is a fantastic social experience - you wanting Thailand to be like home is your problem.

One should never live in a country where you can't drink the tap water

That rules out nearly the entire world.

The lack of English spoken and the lack of desire to learn

Why should they? This is Thailand. Do you learn the language of the foreigners who visit (that's what you were doing with your visa that required border runs) your country?

xenophobic, status conscience, selfish population

Pot, meet kettle.

Loudspeaker trucks

You got me.

Hot than hell MOST of the time

Benefit.

Shopping malls where most Thai people can't afford to buy anything

Where most Thais don't visit, because most Thais don't live within 50km of one.

Having to support a family that EXPECTS me to do it

Again, this is probably because you had nothing else to offer.

Corrupt police ( all of them )

This comes with benefits.

And my personal favorite.......SAVING FACE

And why are you back here again?

And there you have the quintessential post from a Thai apologist.

Thai roads safe if you drive defensively? What rubbish.

I recently spent a month in India. Without going into detail I was very happy to return to civilization in Thailand... Hahaha

I think it really depends on what you left behind as to how you feel about the place you are now. I often hear Brits say how perfect Thailand is and perhaps it is to them because of the weather, prices, fat women, crime etc in England. Having spent time there I was also happy to return to Thailand. Where I lived in the USA the place was great, beautiful mountains, great fishing and hunting, very professional nice people, cost of living not too bad, etc etc .... When I return to Thailand I find myself getting upset sometimes due to things not working correctly here. I can however accept this as part of the Thai experience and get on with it.

When in Thailand I miss some things about the U.S. And when in the U.S. I miss some things about Thailand. I am thinking about spending 6 months in U.S. And then 6 months in Thailand after I can fully retire. I have grown to love this country but I will always love where I come from. It's all a matter of acceptance.

Good post.....yup,nothing will likely reset your appreciation faster, for just about anywhere,than a one month trip to India..tak'n bout the 'Real-World'!

If you have the means,periodic travel outside Thailand is indeed a stimulating pressure-valve for keeping a fresh perspective on living in LOS. We spend 8-months here and go back to Van.Island from May-Sept. to work,in a few days I leave the family and go to Nepal for the annul 1-month "summer-vacation". Even though I enjoy Thailand at it's ground-level I prefer to live aloof...remaining friendly but distant from local-Thai.

We all have to find our own particular rhythm,each persons living arrangement is unique and their ability to cope depends on their individual constitution & temperament. Not everyone is cut-out for foreign travel or cross-cultural relationship where flexibility of thought is paramount.

Otherwise every little oopsee' & inconvenience can amplify and expand in ones consciousness until you find yourself backed into a corner surrounded by bitterness and defeat....much like the sounds of the OP.(troll or not)..nothing to do at this point but press the jettison-button.

Edited by HaleySabai

I recently spent a month in India. Without going into detail I was very happy to return to civilization in Thailand... Hahaha

I think it really depends on what you left behind as to how you feel about the place you are now. I often hear Brits say how perfect Thailand is and perhaps it is to them because of the weather, prices, fat women, crime etc in England. Having spent time there I was also happy to return to Thailand. Where I lived in the USA the place was great, beautiful mountains, great fishing and hunting, very professional nice people, cost of living not too bad, etc etc .... When I return to Thailand I find myself getting upset sometimes due to things not working correctly here. I can however accept this as part of the Thai experience and get on with it.

When in Thailand I miss some things about the U.S. And when in the U.S. I miss some things about Thailand. I am thinking about spending 6 months in U.S. And then 6 months in Thailand after I can fully retire. I have grown to love this country but I will always love where I come from. It's all a matter of acceptance.

Good post.....yup,nothing will likely reset your appreciation faster, for just about anywhere,than a one month trip to India..tak'n bout the 'Real-World'!

If you have the means,periodic travel outside Thailand is indeed a stimulating pressure-valve for keeping a fresh perspective on living in LOS. We spend 8-months here and go back to Van.Island from May-Sept. to work,in a few days I leave the family and go to Nepal for the annul 1-month "summer-vacation". Even though I enjoy Thailand at it's ground-level I prefer to live aloof...remaining friendly but distant from local-Thai.

We all have to find our own particular rhythm,each persons living arrangement is unique and their ability to cope depends on their individual constitution & temperament. Not everyone is cut-out for foreign travel or cross-cultural relationship where flexibility of thought is paramount.

Otherwise every little oopsee' & inconvenience can amplify and expand in ones consciousness until you find yourself backed into a corner surrounded by bitterness and defeat....much like the sounds of the OP.(troll or not)..nothing to do at this point but press the jettison-button.

Your last paragraph is worth considering as one of the reasons for the nature of so many of the posts on this forum.

I was gonna make a list of positives here but I do not have time,

Too busy enjoying myself,must be getting hotter, here she comes with nothing on & a cold beer

Beer in Thailand?

its not easy find..And its expensivebiggrin.png

I pay about 3 quid a pint. That's cheaper than some pubs in the UK isn't it?

I agree with 90% of the OP's observations about Thailand, but I still love living in Thailand. Every country has both good and bad sides. Some countries have more bad than good. Thailand for me is NOT one of those countries.

But it's not necessary for me to pretend to others that driving in Thailand is safe if I drive defensivly or that the Burning Season in Chiang Mai isn't that bad or that the visa regulations and the Immigration Office in Chiang Mai are working like a dream...

I also like to talk about both good things and bad things about Thailand - and when I talk about the bad things I really dislike being told to "shut up and go home to my own country" or asked "why are you here".

Edited by Atum

Living in the so called 'real' world...

Taxi fares costing £20 for just a few kms,

Paying farang prices IN farangland,

Did i mention the fat ugly birds over 30,

Restaurant prices, with service charges, and poor service,

The season for muck spreading in the countryside...pooo!

Paying overpriced amounts for car servicing, and maintenance, and car tax,

The tap water ain't all that good for you anyway, anywhere,

The lack of english spoken....in England!

Benefit cheats,

Tax dodgers,

Cold callers on the phone 2 or 3 times a day, and door to door salesmen,

The weather, cold winds cutting you in half in the summertime...,

The lack of corrupt police, get a ticket, go on their record,

Parking charges everywhere,

Traffic wardens,

Paying tax on tax on tax,

Council tax,

Planning permission, (time scale)

Dustmen not emptying your bin because its 6 inches away from the kerb,

Television licence, when not using terrestrial tv,

Being in the EU,

Weak government,

Political correctness.......

Too busy enjoying myself,must be getting hotter, here she comes with nothing on & a cold beer

Beer in Thailand?

I am not long time be in UK( maybe near 6 month one time ) but in London pubs almast price 3.5-4 per pint hoegaarden, stella etc..

In Thailand in supermarket price near 300 .. In Uk 3 per 750 botle and even cheapest..

Sorry but where you pay about 150 bath a pint?

I be nice to meet you and drink 4-7 pint beer with youthumbsup.gif

Benefit cheats,

Tax dodgers,

Traffic wardens,

Council tax,

Being in the EU,

Weak government,

Paying tax on tax on tax,cheesy.gif

SO now i am guess you pay tax in thailand for incom from thailan and you live for this is money in Thailand.

is it?

ha ha

Bmw 330 + 1 year rent studio + home delivery food+ fuel+ road tax+service car in London

its be simular only buy Beemer in Bangkok..

clap2.gifwhistling.gif

PS

When you change your passport to thai?

Benefit cheats,

Tax dodgers,

Traffic wardens,

Council tax,

Being in the EU,

Weak government,

I'm sure you might be the one to complain about getting hung with a new rope as well??? :-(

Ok, now the Australian version:

Visas - Oh, dont even get me started on that, up to $15,000 bond in case you know me or the wife are stupid enough to get her to overstay, ruin any chances of ever getting another visa. In case she might be a burden on the welfare system even though the government pays for entire suburbs of inter generational methheads

Chinese adding to overpriced housing markets

Taxis that cost $15 to go 5 km ( i laugh in thailand when the same thing costs me $2)

Paying farang prices LOL, $3 for a can of coke, $30 for a single freakin pizza, 8 times the amount for a pack of smokes Grrrghhh

Money hungry Thai women? again LOLZ!!!! Money Hungry Aussie woman that are 3 times the size, or look like and act like blokes and cost 10 times as much

Having to whisper when dissing William George or Kate, anf they arent even our royal family

Censors and Nanny state shit

Slowness of thai internet? LOL, Aussie networks are 20 years behind, cost twice as much

A country with at least 6 genders (5 plus bush pigs)

The wonderment of bushfire season

Paying overvalued amounts for EVERYTHING!!!

The lack of English spoken and the lack of desire to learn

xenophobic, status conscience, selfish population

Police afraid to do pretty much anything

Ok, you got me on all the road safety points, Thailand is whack with that, but everything else faaaaaark! Australia overpriced blooming nanny state

Ok, now the Australian version

Visas - Oh, dont even get me started on that

You get mistake..

Your wife Australian passport?

Not.. i guess she Thai pasport holder.

So its still THAI problem..

Australia holder passport NO need visa for visit Thailandwhistling.gif

up to $15,000 bond in case you know me or the wife are stupid enough to get her to overstay,

you appeal to a violation of the law of the comparison? where it is easier?

Yes in Thailand be crime more easy..

Is what you waht to say?

Paying farang prices LOL, $3 for a can of coke, $30 for a single freakin pizza, Grrrghhh

the price for a foreigner or local?

is not it humiliating to have two prices?

or you talking about value price.

So how many can buy for selary in Australia and in Thailand?

8 times the amount for a pack of smokes

about smpkes even no need talk.. in thai only ellegal sell normal sigaret.

another its bull shit..

my smoker friend evry time ask me buy in airport duty free sigaret...

so if 8 times the ammount for pack up.. its 10 time less quality..whistling.gif

Paying overvalued amounts for EVERYTHING!!!

What you mean?

overvalued?

in my opinion its not reason price. mean cost and price with big difference.

or compare simular product big difference price

or compare income and price..

tell me what you mean overvalued..

my english so poor , may be i some thing wrong understand?

In Thailand so many thinks overvaluede.

all lux staff..

alcogol..

beer.

western food

meat

BEEF!!!biggrin.png

CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wai.gif

Beer in Thailand?

I am not long time be in UK( maybe near 6 month one time ) but in London pubs almast price 3.5-4 per pint hoegaarden, stella etc..

In Thailand in supermarket price near 300 .. In Uk 3 per 750 botle and even cheapest..

Sorry but where you pay about 150 bath a pint?

I be nice to meet you and drink 4-7 pint beer with youthumbsup.gif

In Chiang Mai the bottle shop on Nimman sells English beers for 150 to 165 a 500ml bottle. Cube No 7 for about 195 a bottle.

My house from WishBeer about 155 a bottle.

post-234766-0-94346000-1459149770_thumb.

In Chiang Mai the bottle shop on Nimman sells English beers for 150 to 165 a 500ml bottle. Cube No 7 for about 195 a bottle.

You try play..

need compare simular..

Be honestly.

Nimman shop its not Bar. its can compare with shop..

and in some London pub i even have price 2.2-2.6 a pint..

how much is? near 100 bath? can yo show me bar(pub)!!!! with this is price in Thailand?

so yes its can say expensive beer in Thailand

if even compare with London( its top5 expensive city in the WORLD)

beer in Thailand have near double price.. 0.75l hoegaarden London in shop 3 its near 150 bath in Thailand shop its ???= 300?

and if compare with German or Czech its can be 300-400% up..

please be honestly and compare simular...wink.png

You try play..

need compare simular..

Be honestly.

Nimman shop its not Bar. its can compare with shop..

and in some London pub i even have price 2.2-2.6 a pint..

how much is? near 100 bath? can yo show me bar(pub)!!!! with this is price in Thailand?

so yes its can say expensive beer in Thailand

if even compare with London( its top5 expensive city in the WORLD)

beer in Thailand have near double price.. 0.75l hoegaarden London in shop 3 its near 150 bath in Thailand shop its ???= 300?

and if compare with German or Czech its can be 300-400% up..

please be honestly and compare simular...wink.png

OK - This from 2008.

"The White Horse in Newnham Avenue also bucks the Bedfordshire trend for expensive bitter, serving Eagle IPA at 2.55, although Charles Wells Bombardier costs 2.85."

Also, the Bomardier sold in Thailand is stronger at 5.2% rather than 4.7 for the domestic version.

Supermarkets sell bottles from £1.30 each though sad.png
Some people are happy to be ass-raped when buying a Beemer or a Merc for a few million baht, I'm happy being ass-raped for around 100b for a beer I enjoy.
Edited by JaseTheBass