US man indicted for traveling to Thailand for sex with young boys

webfact

So how is he different from the thousands each night in the entertainment venues seeking out and sexually abusing underaged bar girls forced into sexual servitude by their own families?

Under Thai law any bar workers have to be over the age of consent. On my first visit to Thailand, i saw a bargirl who appeared too young to be working there, and asked the 'mama san" if this was acceptable. She produced a folder with photocopies of ID cards and what appeared to be birth certificates of all staff, and claimed this was a police requirement.

Within the limitations of false ID and lax enforcement, I doubt this problem is as extensive as you portray it. Then again, you may be familiar with venues catering to those tastes.

What saddens me is that these people come to Thailand for the sole purpose of this sort of behaviour , why don't they try it on in their own country..................coffee1.gif

"....... these people come to Thailand for the sole purpose of this sort of behaviour,...." Because they can.

"........why don't they try it on in their own country....... Because they can't.

I am not defending this kind of action, but if he was arrested in 2012 in Thailand for this crime, and already spent 3 years in jail for this crime, isn't charging him again for the same crime in the United States, "Double Jeopardy", even if they change the label and call it a new crime?

Like I said I am not defending him but just questioning the law on this one. If he had dual citizenship with Canada or the U.K., could he also not be deported there after they finished with him in the USA and start this new trail all over again and again?