First Non B Visa before work permit (Help)

Hello everyone,

So I will apply soon for my first Non B Visa, after getting a job recently in Bangkok (I was on Tourist Visas till then). I already know that i need to go outside the country with all the paperwork my company will give to me. But i need some advices.

1/ Where is the best place to apply for a non B visa ? Vientiane? Penang ?...

2/ I've seen on the required document, some proof of funds (20 000 bahts) on a bank account. What kind of document should i provide. Got severals accounts in France, but i access them only with my phone. It's impossible to get an official letter from my bank here. Is a screenshot of my online accounts enough ?

If you have any other advices for me, i'll be glad !

Thank you !

1. I don't think there is much difference if you are applying for a single entry. If you want a multiple entry then Penang is the only choice.

You don't need to show 20,000 baht to get the visa. The IO may (unlikely) ask you to show 20K cash on re-entry to Thailand.

Check with Chaeng Wattana; as far as I know, you can change a TV to a Non-b if you have 15 days left on the TV. Of course, your employer will have to supply the usual paperwork. Check, it might save you a trip out of the country.

Check with Chaeng Wattana; as far as I know, you can change a TV to a Non-b if you have 15 days left on the TV. Of course, your employer will have to supply the usual paperwork. Check, it might save you a trip out of the country.

Doing the Chaeng Wattana is an option but I would suggest to go to Savannaket and apply for a non-B visa as it will be done the next day and with less hassel.

I have done the Chaeng Wattana option twice in the past myself and for me the trip to Laos with all that comes with that is easier and more enjoyable as I had problems both times at Chang Wattana as immigration changes their rules all the time...

The first time my coworker went there on a Friday with no problem then I went on the Monday after. I was having all the same documents as my coworker but I had to change 2 documents and get 2 new documents that I did not have, I was there on the 2nd so it was a new month...