Suvarnabhumi Airport named fifth best airport by Skytrax

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport named fifth best airport by Skytrax

su.jpg
IMage: wikipedia.org

BANGKOK, 25 March 2016 (NNT) - Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport was ranked the fifth best airport in the category of airports with 40-50 million passengers per year by Skytrax World Airport Awards 2015.

Sirote Duangratana, the general manager of Suvarnabhumi Airport, under care of Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited (AOT), disclosed that Suvarnabhumi airport was ranked after Seoul’s Incheon Airport, Germany’s Munich Airport, Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur Airport and Spain’s Madrid Airport respectively.

Besides, Suvarnabhumi airport was also named the 10th Best Airport Staff in Asia and given the 26th place among the World’s Top 100 Airports.

The rankings were based on more than 13.25 million responses compiled online from passengers worldwide through www.worldairportsurvey.com and from telephone questionnaires between June 2015 and January 2016.

The World Airport Awards are the most prestigious accolades for airport industry annually voted by customers on basis of their satisfactions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-25 footer_n.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate the place, so outdated and they can't even figure out how to get the planes to dock at the airport. Catching a bus and then climbing up a ladder to get into a plane. A lack of toilets and insufficient immigration officers at passport control to process the volume of arrivals.

Suvarnabhumi is not a good airport by any stretch of the imagination. Insufficient docking gates, insufficient seating other than at departure gates, insufficient toilets, insufficient travelators, insufficient staff at immigration counters, outrageously overpriced food, "duty-free" prices on most things other than tobacco and spirits higher than prices in the city, long waits for baggage, and finally an inefficient departing taxi system with a surcharge for inconvenience.

And it wasn't given 26th place, it was given 36th place in the World Top 100.

Hate the place, so outdated and they can't even figure out how to get the planes to dock at the airport. Catching a bus and then climbing up a ladder to get into a plane. A lack of toilets and insufficient immigration officers at passport control to process the volume of arrivals.

I guess we fly different airlines then, because I always walk directly onto the plane. Even cheap Jet Airways didn't need a bus ;)

You are 100% correct about the toilets and immigration.

Edited by SABloke

I guess we fly different airlines then, because I always walk directly onto the plane. Even cheap Jet Airways didn't need a bus wink.png

Thai airway frequently uses the bus, either at the outstation parking areas or on some occasion, you depart the plane using the airbridge only to have to climb downstairs to the bus. Defies logic really.

Seems some disgruntled people I never have a problem move through ticket line very fast immigration a breeze short relaxed ride to gate. A nice cup of coffee and snack before flight. Boarding gate opens after the blind ,crippled and crazy board an unhurried stroll to my seat where I get a drink remove my shoes read the paper. then watch as the masses push and shove there way into there seats upon return short ride from gate to immigration again what line? grab my waiting bags leave immigration greeted by my driver nice quiet ride back to condo. Where the staff greets me and helps with my bags Ah the sweet life. and only 500,000 baht. Then there is the reporting here once a year. How sweet it is.

NOT to mention a complete lack of decent restaurant/bar lounge facilities to while away the sometimes many hours of waiting for your flight. Compare that godawful overpriced jammed to the gunnels sterile chain food outlets with the lovely relaxing be sofa'd airport lounges of KL. And they're a Muslim country huh.png

I guess we fly different airlines then, because I always walk directly onto the plane. Even cheap Jet Airways didn't need a bus ;)

I fly thai

this is how TAT spend their money, they buy awards...

While i was waiting for my plane at the departure gate, i did have a walk around. Some part are really clean, some hidden part of the airport are horrible(free broken computer, dirty sofa).... next time i will take picture and send them to Skytrax!

So outdated? It has only been open for ten years. What exactly is outdated about it?

The only time I had to catch a bus is when I fly domestically or to like Cambodia or Vietnam. All large planes going International that I have been on use the jet ways.

I dislike their restroom.

What restroom?

Agree. I think they only have one and that is for staff. I have never found one when I get off a flight.

There are plenty of toilet facilities on the way to Immigration from the gates. Maybe you missed the signs!

Seems some disgruntled people I never have a problem move through ticket line very fast immigration a breeze short relaxed ride to gate. A nice cup of coffee and snack before flight. Boarding gate opens after the blind ,crippled and crazy board an unhurried stroll to my seat where I get a drink remove my shoes read the paper. then watch as the masses push and shove there way into there seats upon return short ride from gate to immigration again what line? grab my waiting bags leave immigration greeted by my driver nice quiet ride back to condo. Where the staff greets me and helps with my bags Ah the sweet life. and only 500,000 baht. Then there is the reporting here once a year. How sweet it is.

Sounds like your the "MAJORITY" of travellers flying 1st class. The MINORITY of us fly economy.

Normally, travelers who are upset or disappointed about something, will forget about it after a while.

They will not always bother to participate in surveys.

However, all surveys are paid by someone, just like all the websites you can book tours and accommodation.

They are always selective in which comments and scores they publish.

Normal customers call that cheating, but the companies have other more clever names for it.

By the age of the air port, it is by far the worst in the world.

Of the 40 airports I have visited in Asia alone, not considering the age of the airport, I rank it 30th.

Edited by Travel2003

I'm there to catch a flight, not to have a gourmet experience or buy their overpriced tat.

Mind you, it's nice to be able to have a cigarette, which I definitely can't do at Heathrow.

Oops: cross post with the one above.

Edited by BaldPlumber

NOT to mention a complete lack of decent restaurant/bar lounge facilities to while away the sometimes many hours of waiting for your flight. Compare that godawful overpriced jammed to the gunnels sterile chain food outlets with the lovely relaxing be sofa'd airport lounges of KL. And they're a Muslim country huh.png

The Thai Airways lounges are pretty nice.