Using agency to renew Non O extension in C M?

thaibeachlovers

Assist Thai Visa advised me that they would not give me a receipt for my passport when they needed it for a few days. They said they had never lost one and that was their reason for refusing to give a receipt. Did not make sense to me, what do you think?

This is one of the things they tried with me. When I said I wanted a receipt, they did write on my payment receipt that they had my passport.

They should just give you a receipt for the passport. You shouldn't have to argue with them about it.

I too got a receipt for payment but the guy repeatedly refused for the passport.

I agree it should not be an issue, they should do it automatically.

Or is it a British thing? tongue.png

That great agent at Promanada quotes retirement extension 3,000 and re-entry permit (single or multiple) 500 plus the usual immigration department fees and fast service (call the day before so they can get the queue, next day visit the office at 10 am for about 12 minutes of paperwork, visit immigration with them for photo at about 2 pm same day, finished) Did not ask about 90 day reports because they are so easy to do yourself now.

'call the day before so they can get the queue'

Call? Do you mean drop by as in 'call in'? Or if a number, what tel number?

I'd understood one need only drop in at a reasonable time on the day you wish?

That great agent at Promanada quotes retirement extension 3,000 and re-entry permit (single or multiple) 500 plus the usual immigration department fees and fast service (call the day before so they can get the queue, next day visit the office at 10 am for about 12 minutes of paperwork, visit immigration with them for photo at about 2 pm same day, finished) Did not ask about 90 day reports because they are so easy to do yourself now.

Hi Vibe,

Yes we have reviewed your case and this is what occurred.

You were told we would contact your accountants, however you did not provide any details to contact them, you had also not paid any deposit or money for your case. You then emailed to ask what was being done, and were informed we would need your accountants details, after this they were contacted and told what documents to arrange. You then sent an email from a different address than you had been using and so it went to the junk folder as wasnt replied to.

So in effect you paid no money and ended up using a service you were more happy with, I fail to see why you are still upset. We wish you all the luck with your business of offering "massage and energy healing" services in chiang mai. Maybe you can also sponsor Thai visa I am sure a lot of members would love to use your service.

Thanks and good vibes to you and you business!

I'm sorry, but your reply to VIBE doesn't really inspire confidence. I know your firm is busy and many people are happy with your services...

But professional firms I deal with are proactive and would chase up the information they need, not wait for me to contact them to ask about progress only to be told "No progress... we are waiting for you to give us contact information for your accountant" and then bill me because my next email ended up in the Junk Folder.

Perhaps you need to assign someone on your staff to check the Junk Folder every couple of days - just a suggestion.

Hi Vibe,

Yes we have reviewed your case and this is what occurred.

You were told we would contact your accountants, however you did not provide any details to contact them, you had also not paid any deposit or money for your case. You then emailed to ask what was being done, and were informed we would need your accountants details, after this they were contacted and told what documents to arrange. You then sent an email from a different address than you had been using and so it went to the junk folder as wasnt replied to.

So in effect you paid no money and ended up using a service you were more happy with, I fail to see why you are still upset. We wish you all the luck with your business of offering "massage and energy healing" services in chiang mai. Maybe you can also sponsor Thai visa I am sure a lot of members would love to use your service.

Thanks and good vibes to you and you business!

I'm sorry, but your reply to VIBE doesn't really inspire confidence. I know your firm is busy and many people are happy with your services...

But professional firms I deal with are proactive and would chase up the information they need, not wait for me to contact them to ask about progress only to be told "No progress... we are waiting for you to give us contact information for your accountant" and then bill me because my next email ended up in the Junk Folder.

Perhaps you need to assign someone on your staff to check the Junk Folder every couple of days - just a suggestion.

I was thinking the same. Totally unprofessional response in many respects (or lack of respect).

I am very pleased with the Visa agency beside Immigration (g4t). Today they did my annual retirement renewal, multiple re-entry permit & 90 day - total service fee B3800. This is my 3rd time using them and I am extremely happy with them.

I just showed up at 9:30am with most of my paperwork done (not all) and 15 minutes later they said return at 2:30, we spent about 15 min in Immigration and I was done. Excellent.

Doug

I am very pleased with the Visa agency beside Immigration (g4t). Today they did my annual retirement renewal, multiple re-entry permit & 90 day - total service fee B3800. This is my 3rd time using them and I am extremely happy with them.

I just showed up at 9:30am with most of my paperwork done (not all) and 15 minutes later they said return at 2:30, we spent about 15 min in Immigration and I was done. Excellent.

Doug

Yes they are sure efficient and quick,being next door sure does help, Visa Agency ???????

Assist Thai Visa advised me that they would not give me a receipt for my passport when they needed it for a few days. They said they had never lost one and that was their reason for refusing to give a receipt. Did not make sense to me, what do you think?

This is one of the things they tried with me. When I said I wanted a receipt, they did write on my payment receipt that they had my passport.

They should just give you a receipt for the passport. You shouldn't have to argue with them about it.

I too got a receipt for payment but the guy repeatedly refused for the passport.

Have Immigration started to give receipts for receiving passports?

Never have had a receipt for a passport being received at Immigration; always had it returned. Same logic applies to a Visa company IMHO.

Never have had a receipt for a passport being received at Immigration; always had it returned. Same logic applies to a Visa company IMHO.

Immigration holds my passport for ten minutes under my watchful eye.

The Chinese Embassy gives me a receipt when I get a visa there.

My travel agent gives me a receipt when they send it off for a visa.

The question is why wouldn't someone give you a receipt? What harm is there in being accountable?

If you find that it is the same to give your passport to a government official for a few minutes as it is to give it to some private individual for a few days, good luck with your logic.

Or is never lost it, always had it returned the important part? If so, no need for automobile insurance because never had an accident? No need for home insurance because your house never burned down? No need for accident or health insurance because never had to go to the hospital? No need for life insurance because you will not die today? Very sound logic too.

But maybe you are right, I do not get a receipt from the lady at the copy shop when I have her copy a few pages.

Interesting. I used the service next door to immigration last December to renew my Non O and they didn't have to keep my passport. When I went it, they copied what they needed and returned the passport to me. No need for a receipt. When I went back to see the immigration officer, I presented my passport, was stamped and back on the road in less than 30 minutes. Seems that having to keep your passport may be more for their convenience than any other reason.

Just my experience.

David

More and more it is looking like the place next to Immigration is the place to go.

I fail to see why any service would need to keep your passport. Just photocopy what is needed in it and you can bring the passport with you when you go in to immigration to be photographed.

Sounds like the service next door is the only one aware of this fact.

If it is a complicated thing photocopy every page. They should have a photocopier on the premises. If they haven't I would question there professionalism.

Immigration holds my passport for ten minutes under my watchful eye.

The Chinese Embassy gives me a receipt when I get a visa there.

My travel agent gives me a receipt when they send it off for a visa.

The question is why wouldn't someone give you a receipt? What harm is there in being accountable?

I`ve heard of problems when passports and paperwork have been mixed up and sent or given to the wrong people. This is why I like to keep my passport under the sight of my beady little eyes.

The agents won`t give written acknowledgements for passports because if crunch came to the crunch they don`t care and will leave their clients high and dry if there are cock ups in the works. Ask to see their written terms and conditions (if they have any?) and demand a copy before using their services. If they don`t have written terms and conditions then it means their clients are not covered under any eventualities if things do go wrong.

Lots of issues for ATV to respond to. Professional? Not the way they posted or tried to post personal information about Vibe's business. +++

Think I will stay clear of that lot.

Edited by Bill97

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to all that replied, though it is unfortunate that it turned into a pissy fight between some posters and a company.

I think that the agency to use has been recommended ( no prizes for guessing which ).

Can I just turn up at the office in Promenada the day before to arrange the appointment with immigration, or do I need to call in several working days before?

Thanks.