Advice For My First Trip To Thailand. I Am 56 And Might Retire There.

tc101

I am 56 and retired 2 years ago. I am looking for some place cheaper

and more interesting than the USA to live for a few years, maybe into

my mid 60's. I am finally coming to Thailand for about 2 months from

about Jan 15 to Mar 15 next year.

Technically this is not my first trip. I was there for about a month

in 1977 when I was a young man traveling around the world with a

backpack, but that was so long ago that for all practical purposes this

is my first time.

I want to see as much as I can without rushing around too much. There

needs to be a balance between seeing lots of places and moving too

quickly to ever get to know one place. I want to go up north to Chaing

Mai and Chaing Rai. If I decide to move there I would probably prefer

cooler weather. I also want to visit a nice beach. I like snorkeling

and scuba diving and would like to do some of that while I am there.

I want to get a complete physical exam while I am there. The cost of

health care in the USA is just awful and I am curious about the things

I have read about medical tourism in Thailand.

I am interested in Buddhism. I have been practicing meditation for

years. I have been told that I might be disappointed by the

institutionalized Buddhism of Thailand, but I still would like to visit

some temples or retreat centers and meet some monks who are interested

in interacting with westerners.

I would like to learn a few words of Thai, but I am a not good with

language. I am a slow learner. Maybe just a very simple introductory

course for a few days when I first get there would be good. What do

you think? Would it open any doors socially just to speak a few words

to show I am trying, or would it be useless for the small amount of

time I would have?

One thing I worry about is only meeting tourists. I hope to get to

know some Thai's who are not just in the tourist business, and I hope

to get to know some westerners who are living there and not just

tourists.

I would appreciate any advice anyone could give me for my first trip.

There is a wealth of info on this board, just look in the appropriate forums.

Thanks Johnny. There is just so much here I kind of feel overwhelmed by it all. I guess my question is too broad and I need to ask more specific questions. I will do more searches of the info here, and will keep checking on this topic for advice. As far as I can see there is not a specific place here where people look for info on retirement.

In my shallow experience, the best way to get to know some real Thai people is to date one. I've had some incredible experiences visiting Thai villages in the northeast and even in Laos with my girlfriends (two actually). Of course, the girlfriend thing is a real mine field. But, should you meet someone special, you will be treated very well when you visit her home.

I'm 51, and I retire in 2 days. I start my retirement in Thailand on Nov. 22. It's going to be an adventure, and I plan on enjoying it to the max. Good luck with your travels.

RS

Be careful of the women & don't believe anything you are told, unless you can verify the truth yourself. I don't pay much attention to the local religion, but I don't have any interst in dogmatic organized religion of any kind. The good things about living here are the weather, the food, low costs for food and housing (outside of Bangkok) and the friendly people (in general) and less hectic pace of life.

Thanks for the info. On talesofasia.com someone recommended not stoping in Bangkok when I first got there, but flying directly on to somewhere more calm. I don't know if that is a good idea or not. I figure I will be so exhausted after flying all the way from the USA that I will just want ot check into a quiet hotel and sleep for 24 hours. Maybe a quiet hotel is harder to find in Bangkok, but I hate the idea of still more time on a plane without sleep. What do you think?

This is the list I got from talesofasia.com. Does this all sound like good advice?

Here are 40 things to think about when visiting Thailand…

1. Bring a cell phone “unblocked” and buy a Thai SIM card for it on arrival, they’re cheap (apprx. 250 baht) and include some credit already on them

2. e.g. - International calls to UK are about 8baht per min…

3. Don’t rely just on Travellers checks in any currency…they are too much hassle - I have witnessed a friend being refused - only once though..

4. Bring ATM and/or credit cards. - check fees and tell your bank your are going abroad.

5. Very little cash – you tend to get a better rate of exchange here than any home country. Just enough to get you out of the airport to somewhere nice for the first night - avoid carrying large amounts of cash...you’ll lose it when drunk or get it nicked.

6. Beware! - The 1000 baht note looks very similar to a 20baht note. You might give an overlarge tip!

7. Very few clothes – they are so cheap here and you’ll only bring stuff that is too warm.

8. Very little luggage – this makes you more mobile if you need to be and less vulnerable to taxi touts and undesirable men….

9. Before you go home you can buy any extra luggage (cheap) to take souvenirs etc.

10. There are baggage storage facilities at Bkk airport…and elsewhere - hotels etc.

11. Mozzie spray – especially if you have the stuff from Oz. Anything with DEET. You can get “OFF” here.

12. Good quality sun-cream – especially if you have the stuff from Oz. Something that stays on in water, you’ll burn your shoulders in the pool.

13. Get some travel insurance – hospitals/medicine is cheap but why pay? Trailfinders is good.

14. Check out a few “jabs” – don’t bother with the malaria ones – too heavy! You can get tetanus or rabies here if you’re bitten by a dog - it’s cheap.

15. Internet access is everywhere – even on the beach… you can get all your photos copied to CD

16. If you have a lap-top you can connect it (broadband) at most cafes.

17. Thai food is very unlikely to give you food poisoning but can contain more chillies than you ever thought possible…

18. Western (“farang”) food is extremely likely to give you food poisoning – fridges are not part of Thai cooking lore yet…beware of Western Fast Food outlets and hotel buffets - food that has been out for over an hour or so. Thailand is not used to fridges/chill-serve etc.

19. Use common safety sense – it is easy to relax too much here…when it comes to petty crime the rate is certainly lower than in places like the UK…but every country has its share of con-men and psychopaths…..

20. Get a phrase book – lonely planet is good as is their guide to Thailand (better than the rough guide)….

21. Make a friend on the plane and safe money on a taxi to your hotel when you arrive in Bkk. Check out the ways of getting out of Bkk airport. This requires caution and common sense; it is most useful if you’re going further e.g. Pattaya.

22. If you can, avoid spending your first night or few days in Bkk – go there at the end of your stay –its better once you’ve acclimatized, and the airport is about 45 min from the centre. You can fly straight on to Samui and several other destinations or get a bus or taxi to Pattaya, Koh Samet. Etc.

23. Remember the new airport will open at the end of September...this is about 30 min nearer Pattaya and the Eastern Seaboard.

24. Don’t be afraid to go to Pattaya – it is the sex capital of Thailand but they don’t jump out at single women and has good, cheap hotels, shopping and food. Not a bad place to start off for Koh Chang, Koh Samet or Cambodia.

25. Remember Thailand is more than beaches – there are beautiful cities, national parks, forests and lakes up North – your guide book will help you there…

26. Bring an international driving licence – although most national ones are accepted by motorbike and car hire companies and anyone else who wants to hire you something….

27. In Thailand they drive on the left - cars are Right-hand-drive. However driving is really only for the experienced. Be especially careful on a motorbike - Samui has the highest accident rate in Thailand.

28. Public transport is cheap. Planes, Trains, Buses, Minibuses, Taxis, from town to town.

29. If you’re in a minibus or taxi tell the driver you’ll tip him if he keeps the speed below 90/100 kmph!

30. Around Bkk try to use meter taxi with the meter on...it’ll be cheaper than the tuk-tuks.

31. Take a tuk-tuk once for the experience then use meter taxis.

32. Don’t let the drivers take you out of your way...they’ll try to take you to some store where they get commission

33. Check up on Thai manners and customs – this will earn you more respect from the locals.

34. Keep up some dress sense – how you dress in Thailand is quite important.

35. Don’t go topless without checking out if it’s acceptable where you are – usually it’s frowned upon.

36. You’ll notice that Thai women (even sex workers) are very modest in public –they usually swim fully clothed.

37. Check out table manners – Thais tend to eat from communal dishes in the centre of the table – don’t pour everything onto your own plate!

38. Don’t knock the royal family – even in jest.

39. Don’t point your feet at people – the body is seen as hierarchical and the feet are the lowest part and should not be waved about (this is like a “fingers up” sign.

40. It’s not necessary to “Wai” people - the Thai greeting - as you’ll probably get it wrong. If they Wai you, you might wai back.

For a "Young man who has travelled the world with a backpack" in the past you are asking

an awful lot of basic questions, which you should be able to answer for yourself.

I mean, really! asking someone else if you should sleep over ! :o

If you are really so Co-Dependent, then perhaps you should re-consider this move. :D

Naka.

Edited by naka

I'm retired in Hong Kong now, but will move to Bangkok sometime next year and spend most of my time there. Here's something I can add to all the advice you've been given.

1. Bumrungrad Hospital has been a godsend to me. The doctors there were able to cure my coughing/asthma problems when the best doctors in HK/USA were not able to. BH may be the most expensive in Bangkok, certainly all Thailand, but still a third to half price of HK medical care. Medicines are expensive there and in BKK drugstores, so you should know prices of medication you might need, and get them whereever you might get a better deal.

2. I stay away from hot chillie food, and I find the western style restaurants just fine, serving fresh salads, simpler style dishes, etc. Most of the western fast food chains, such as McDonald's, AW Root Beer, Sizzler, Pizza Hut types, Starbucks, Burger King -- I've never had food or stomach problems at any of them. I tend to stay away from the local street food vendors. Supermarkets, like Foodland on Sukhumvit soi 5, Robinson's at Asoke, basement of Silom Complex, all have fresh and excellent produce.

3. I've purchased a condo unit, now under construction, being built by quality publicily listed developer, and I like to DIY. I've visited the various Home Pro shops and the furniture/wood soi in Bangpo. The Home Pro on Prachachuen road has a wood centre with both stained and unstained lumber in various sizes, and though a bit more expensive, will suit the needs of most DIYer's, I think. They will even make furniture to your specs if you wish.

4. I can speak some Thai, which because I speak Chinese and can manage the tones, may be less difficult to master Thai than for a Westerner. But the thing that really puts the Thais at ease with me, is that I can sing a few Thai love songs, and when used at the right occasions, is helpful to me in social situations. Plus I can swear in Thai with the best of them. The swearing I only use in humourous situations.

5. Driving around BKK is not a problem for me because I drive in HK, which is also left side of the road driving and traffic conditions are equally bad. Despite what others might think, HK drivers are less well mannered than BKK drivers, in my opinion. But my condo is near a BTS skytrain station, so I will probably not purchase a car in BKK.

6. I'm divorced, so single now. I expect that I will have a decent social life in BKK with the local ladies.

Post any further questions you might have here.

Another good piece of advice is not to get involved in politics.

Do not show disrespect to the flag, or the singing of the national anthem.

It should not take 24 hours to fly to BKK from anywhere in the world. But there are some great, quiet, hotels in Bangkok for a break. Exercise is more important when you get off the plane than rest, incidentally.

I would also suggest not drinking alcohol on the trip over, if you want to arrive in good shape and not vulnerable to any kind of problems.

In fact, if you stayed off the booze while you were in Thailand it would be very difficult to get into trouble. A mixed blessing, eh?

Edited by wamberal

1. Bumrungrad Hospital has been a godsend to me. The doctors there were able to cure my coughing/asthma problems when the best doctors in HK/USA were not able to. BH may be the most expensive in Bangkok, certainly all Thailand, but still a third to half price of HK medical care. Medicines are expensive there and in BKK drugstores, so you should know prices of medication you might need, and get them whereever you might get a better deal.

This IMHO is the worst hospital in Bangkok.

2. I stay away from hot chillie food, and I find the western style restaurants just fine, serving fresh salads, simpler style dishes, etc. Most of the western fast food chains, such as McDonald's, AW Root Beer, Sizzler, Pizza Hut types, Starbucks, Burger King -- I've never had food or stomach problems at any of them. I tend to stay away from the local street food vendors. Supermarkets, like Foodland on Sukhumvit soi 5, Robinson's at Asoke, basement of Silom Complex, all have fresh and excellent produce.

I love the chili food

3. I've purchased a condo unit, now under construction, being built by quality publicily listed developer, and I like to DIY. I've visited the various Home Pro shops and the furniture/wood soi in Bangpo. The Home Pro on Prachachuen road has a wood centre with both stained and unstained lumber in various sizes, and though a bit more expensive, will suit the needs of most DIYer's, I think. They will even make furniture to your specs if you wish.

4. I can speak some Thai, which because I speak Chinese and can manage the tones, may be less difficult to master Thai than for a Westerner. But the thing that really puts the Thais at ease with me, is that I can sing a few Thai love songs, and when used at the right occasions, is helpful to me in social situations. Plus I can swear in Thai with the best of them. The swearing I only use in humourous situations.

5. Driving around BKK is not a problem for me because I drive in HK, which is also left side of the road driving and traffic conditions are equally bad. Despite what others might think, HK drivers are less well mannered than BKK drivers, in my opinion. But my condo is near a BTS skytrain station, so I will probably not purchase a car in BKK.

Driving in Bkk is hel_l

6. I'm divorced, so single now. I expect that I will have a decent social life in BKK with the local ladies.

Go to Suan Mohk in Chaiya - it's a great meditational retreat. A. Buddatassa teachings are different to the instiutionalized Buddhism.

Never lose sight of the simple fact that the girls you will likely meet have it in their mind that it is their job to extract as much cash from you as possible. They may use any method at their disposal to do this and it is not personal, it is simply their job as they know it. Whether you meet these girls over the internet, in a bar, or else where, they pretty much all see it this way. Exercise a reasonable amount of caution and you will enjoy your trip a lot more. Most dissapointments with Thailand fall into this category.

Plan to use your ATM card to get cash. You will get the best exchange rate using this method and there are millions of ATM machines throughout the country.

I don't get the don't stay in Bangkok when you arrive. Bangkok is a great city and over 90% stay there first.

Do get an international drivers license for both a motorcycle and a car.

This is the list I got from talesofasia.com. Does this all sound like good advice?

Here are 40 things to think about when visiting Thailand…

1. Bring a cell phone “unblocked” and buy a Thai SIM card for it on arrival, they’re cheap (apprx. 250 baht) and include some credit already on them, You can get phones here very easily,

2. e.g. - International calls to UK are about 8baht per min… on your mobile dial 00944 fot he cheap calls, if you use a computer get skype only 2p a minute

3. Don’t rely just on Travellers checks in any currency…they are too much hassle - I have witnessed a friend being refused - only once though..

4. Bring ATM and/or credit cards. - check fees and tell your bank your are going abroad. make sure that the ex date on the card is way along way off, also write the numbers of the cards and the telephone of the bank in a book put it in the safe, then if you lose any easy to report to the correct bank quickly

5. Very little cash – you tend to get a better rate of exchange here than any home country. Just enough to get you out of the airport to somewhere nice for the first night - avoid carrying large amounts of cash...you’ll lose it when drunk or get it nicked.

6. Beware! - The 1000 baht note looks very similar to a 20baht note. You might give an overlarge tip! Possible

7. Very few clothes – they are so cheap here and you’ll only bring stuff that is too warm. bring, books if you like reading as they are expensive here, go to a local charity shop before leaving , many books on sale for a pound

8. Very little luggage – this makes you more mobile if you need to be and less vulnerable to taxi touts and undesirable men….

9. Before you go home you can buy any extra luggage (cheap) to take souvenirs etc.

10. There are baggage storage facilities at Bkk airport…and elsewhere - hotels etc.

11. Mozzie spray – especially if you have the stuff from Oz. Anything with DEET. You can get “OFF” here.

12. Good quality sun-cream – especially if you have the stuff from Oz. Something that stays on in water, you’ll burn your shoulders in the pool.

13. Get some travel insurance – hospitals/medicine is cheap but why pay? Trailfinders is good.

14. Check out a few “jabs” – don’t bother with the malaria ones – too heavy! You can get tetanus or rabies here if you’re bitten by a dog - it’s cheap., take the advice of your medical centre, take any jabs going, cant be too careful,

15. Internet access is everywhere – even on the beach… you can get all your photos copied to CD

16. If you have a lap-top you can connect it (broadband) at most cafes. and if you get a condo or house easy to get broad band fitted, (then get skype internet phone)

17. Thai food is very unlikely to give you food poisoning but can contain more chillies than you ever thought possible…

18. Western (“farang”) food is extremely likely to give you food poisoning – fridges are not part of Thai cooking lore yet…beware of Western Fast Food outlets and hotel buffets - food that has been out for over an hour or so. Thailand is not used to fridges/chill-serve etc. i dont totaly agree with this statement, if eating in resturants shouldnt have a problem,

19. Use common safety sense – it is easy to relax too much here…when it comes to petty crime the rate is certainly lower than in places like the UK…but every country has its share of con-men and psychopaths…..

20. Get a phrase book – lonely planet is good as is their guide to Thailand (better than the rough guide)….

21. Make a friend on the plane and safe money on a taxi to your hotel when you arrive in Bkk. Check out the ways of getting out of Bkk airport. This requires caution and common sense; it is most useful if you’re going further e.g. Pattaya. the taxis are that cheap why bother unless you wont the comany

22. If you can, avoid spending your first night or few days in Bkk – go there at the end of your stay –its better once you’ve acclimatized, and the airport is about 45 min from the centre. You can fly straight on to Samui and several other destinations or get a bus or taxi to Pattaya, Koh Samet. Etc.

23. Remember the new airport will open at the end of September...this is about 30 min nearer Pattaya and the Eastern Seaboard.

24. Don’t be afraid to go to Pattaya – it is the sex capital of Thailand but they don’t jump out at single women and has good, cheap hotels, shopping and food. Not a bad place to start off for Koh Chang, Koh Samet or Cambodia. Pattaya is a great place both for a holiday or to reside, many people from the west retire to Pattaya and live happy lives

25. Remember Thailand is more than beaches – there are beautiful cities, national parks, forests and lakes up North – your guide book will help you there…

26. Bring an international driving licence – although most national ones are accepted by motorbike and car hire companies and anyone else who wants to hire you something…. If you wont to get a thai driving licence without taking a thai test, an international licence is needed, but the date on the licence is only good for three months in thailand. If you wont the car insurance to cover you, only a thai driver licence will cover this,

27. In Thailand they drive on the left - cars are Right-hand-drive. However driving is really only for the experienced. Be especially careful on a motorbike - Samui has the highest accident rate in Thailand.

28. Public transport is cheap. Planes, Trains, Buses, Minibuses, Taxis, from town to town. Oh Yes

29. If you’re in a minibus or taxi tell the driver you’ll tip him if he keeps the speed below 90/100 kmph! If you are worried about safety, dont get in the first car you see, look at the front of the cars and pick a new one, and ensure it has seat belts...

30. Around Bkk try to use meter taxi with the meter on...it’ll be cheaper than the tuk-tuks. I have found it quicker to tell them where i am going and arrange a fee, other wise they will drive you around for an hour to up the fare

31. Take a tuk-tuk once for the experience then use meter taxis.

32. Don’t let the drivers take you out of your way...they’ll try to take you to some store where they get commission.. They will waste your day given the chance

33. Check up on Thai manners and customs – this will earn you more respect from the locals.

34. Keep up some dress sense – how you dress in Thailand is quite important.

35. Don’t go topless without checking out if it’s acceptable where you are – usually it’s frowned upon.

36. You’ll notice that Thai women (even sex workers) are very modest in public –they usually swim fully clothed.

37. Check out table manners – Thais tend to eat from communal dishes in the centre of the table – don’t pour everything onto your own plate!

38. Don’t knock the royal family – even in jest. If you drop money onto the street, do not put your foot onto it to stop it blowing away, this is an issult (GET YOUR FOOT OFF MY KING)

39. Don’t point your feet at people – the body is seen as hierarchical and the feet are the lowest part and should not be waved about (this is like a “fingers up” sign.

40. It’s not necessary to “Wai” people - the Thai greeting - as you’ll probably get it wrong. If they Wai you, you might wai back.

Great Advice

In my shallow experience, the best way to get to know some real Thai people is to date one. I've had some incredible experiences visiting Thai villages in the northeast and even in Laos with my girlfriends (two actually). Of course, the girlfriend thing is a real mine field. But, should you meet someone special, you will be treated very well when you visit her home.

I'm 51, and I retire in 2 days. I start my retirement in Thailand on Nov. 22. It's going to be an adventure, and I plan on enjoying it to the max. Good luck with your travels.

RS

sorry mate but i beg to differ on your advice to our friend. :D

the last thing he needs to do is get hooked up with a thai girl. i only say this because as a newbie to los they will eat him alive. :D

cricky's mate,

its bloody hard enough for long termers to get a handle on relationships with thai girls let along a newbie.

i would advise our friend to steer clear of relationships and just be friends with the girls for a while. the dudes got to do his apprenticeship as he's just lost all his cash to the ex. :o

jes--us,

give him a break will you. :D

ill give you the good oil friend, :D

just come to thailand and be a normal tourist for 3 months and get a feel for the place.

then check out the rest of asia and come back to thailand again for 3 months.

you have to put in the time my friend to learn the los as there no other way or quick fix.

come to bangkok and hang for a while as there's heaps of good cheap hotels.

try not to turn into a bar crawling hoe monger and talk with the thai as much as possible.

you'll be sweet mate. :D

cheers friend :D

The very fact that I agree with Terry on ANYTHING suggests an measure of truth in what he is saying.

Terry is absolutely right about not getting hooked up with a Thai woman as soon as you arrive - Apprenticeship is one way of putting it.

I would go further: Many woman working the foreigner trade go out of their way to isoltate their vicitim and present him with their version of the truth, their version of life in Thailand.

With respect to visiting Thailand outside of the tourist areas, I can think of no worse way than to take a bar girl as a guide. It would be almost unheard of that she knows much about any of the places you might want to visit, she'll spend her day trying to avoid the sun, the rain, and hunting for yet another pot of noodles.

If you want to see Thailand, dig out your old backpack and set off by yourself - You'll have a blast, and meet plenty of people on the way.

Even putting that asside, why would anyone jump into a relationship in Thailand when there are hundreds of thousands of available women. Take your time. If you are going to enjoy the ladies, enjoy a lot of them before you decide you want to take one on board.

Oh an its not just the bar girls that will isolate you and give you their version of the truth.

When you go for the full medical check-up that you are planning (Brace yourself for another version of truth).

Do not be at all surprised if the doctors while studying your test results tell you that you might have cancer/heart disease/TB/HIV/Liver Failure/Kidney Failure .... some terrible disease or health condition. .. It's a game they play to get you to spend even more money.

If they offer you any medical procedure on the basis of their diagnoses - do the right thing - go to another hospital and get a second opinion.

As for retiring in Thailand, I would make at least half a dozen trips. Hang out here, join a few of the other Thailand message boards. Spend time to learn the rules and the traps.

Take particular care to learn the ropes on taking money to Thailand, looking after your hard earned cash.

Rent, don't buy.

Don't take anything to Thailand that you can't afford to loose.

TAKE YOUR TIME.

The very fact that I agree with Terry on ANYTHING suggests an measure of truth in what he is saying.

Terry is absolutely right about not getting hooked up with a Thai woman as soon as you arrive - Apprenticeship is one way of putting it.

I would go further: Many woman working the foreigner trade go out of their way to isoltate their vicitim and present him with their version of the truth, their version of life in Thailand.

With respect to visiting Thailand outside of the tourist areas, I can think of no worse way than to take a bar girl as a guide. It would be almost unheard of that she knows much about any of the places you might want to visit, she'll spend her day trying to avoid the sun, the rain, and hunting for yet another pot of noodles.

If you want to see Thailand, dig out your old backpack and set off by yourself - You'll have a blast, and meet plenty of people on the way.

Even putting that asside, why would anyone jump into a relationship in Thailand when there are hundreds of thousands of available women. Take your time. If you are going to enjoy the ladies, enjoy a lot of them before you decide you want to take one on board.

Oh an its not just the bar girls that will isolate you and give you their version of the truth.

When you go for the full medical check-up that you are planning (Brace yourself for another version of truth).

Do not be at all surprised if the doctors while studying your test results tell you that you might have cancer/heart disease/TB/HIV/Liver Failure/Kidney Failure .... some terrible disease or health condition. .. It's a game they play to get you to spend even more money.

If they offer you any medical procedure on the basis of their diagnoses - do the right thing - go to another hospital and get a second opinion.

As for retiring in Thailand, I would make at least half a dozen trips. Hang out here, join a few of the other Thailand message boards. Spend time to learn the rules and the traps.

Take particular care to learn the ropes on taking money to Thailand, looking after your hard earned cash.

Rent, don't buy.

Don't take anything to Thailand that you can't afford to loose.

TAKE YOUR TIME.

thats absolutely got me gob smacked guesthouse that after all this time and the arguments we have had that we have agreed with each other. :o

i would of truly thought that you and me would die of old age before we had seen middle ground. :D

i think because you helped me out with dave doll that its sort of turned you into a human being and your karma has started to flow. :D

keep loosening up old mate and you never know, we might agree on something else within the next ten years. :D:D

cheers guesthouse. :D

look mate when you get your guesthouse up and running we are coming to stop in the penthouse suite.

hopes thats ok. :D

your old aussie friend terry. :D

Steady on Terry, we'll get back to business as usual soon..

no,

its all over guesthouse as ive spilled all my bile in bedlam and im going back to being a full on fun guy.

so if you want, you can slag me off, spit on me and behead me, but im still coming to stay in your penthouse and im going to be real friendly to you from now on as you helped me with dave. :o

so im real sorry guesthouse but thats the way its going to be whether you like it or not. :D

cheers guesthouse. :D

That physical exam you want, original poster, can be gotten at several places, for as little as 3,000 (includes xray, EKG, full blood tests, doctor consult at end, etc). You might want to get two physicals and compare your notes! I got mine in Hua Hin and Chiang Mai, and personally feel the best doctors in CMai are even better than the experts in Bangkok.

That physical exam you want, original poster, can be gotten at several places, for as little as 3,000 (includes xray, EKG, full blood tests, doctor consult at end, etc). You might want to get two physicals and compare your notes! I got mine in Hua Hin and Chiang Mai, and personally feel the best doctors in CMai are even better than the experts in Bangkok.

many hospitals offer sales on physicals around December too (Father's day)

She'll only be looking for noodles after the visit to the gold shop.