now older i think a bit slower

i smashed a chair broke glass in bottem of cabinet

i have chopped up timber floor in lounge with hoe before killing it

now wife angry with me about floor and damage

i tried to protect her from snake now i am in sh t

you can never win here

Your not in Oz now,no Brown snakes here,buy a book on snakes,look

to identify cobras,kriats,vipers but depends where in Thailand you are,

infarct you are more likely to get bit trying to kill a venomous snake.

regards worgeordie

Same old argument, and there are always two sides.

Personally, I treat every snake as venemous and potentially deadly. I have no interest in them and certainly wouldnt wasts time "researching" or learning about them.

Better to be safe than sorry, especially as there are children around here.

Personally, I treat every snake as venemous and potentially deadly. I have no interest in them and certainly wouldnt wasts time "researching" or learning about them.

Give the kids the book instead then!

Give the kids the book instead then!

Great idea, the 18 month old can rip the pages out or draw all over it, wouldnt help nor change the snake approach.

Well comments here for both sides, kill / do not kill.

Okay here is my problem, normally i do not kill any animal just for the sake of it.

About 4 weeks ago i was going into my bantam shed and there was a snake.

I no absolutely nothing about snakes, so what do i do????

I grabbed a hoe which was on top of a cage very close to hand.

I threw the hoe at the snake and it landed on the snakes middle almost chopping it in half.

Then i wheeled myself closer and finished it of.

For all you snake lovers out there it was my only option, i couldnt leave it to bite me, it made no move to just slither away it was watching me all the time.

When the wife came home, tok chai she says you very lucky that snake bite you you dead.

You see i am stuck in a wheelchair, that day no help around ( carer stayed home)

If you have a lot of snakes around you probably have rats and frogs also. Rats in a country house will lead to snakes in the house.

Living in country I quickly learned basically which snakes were ok and which I should kill. However, If I was unsure I killed. Most I would trap and relocate.

It's worth learning what the common snakes look like and which ones can be safely left alone to get on with its life (I did not say picked up and moved).

As above treat all as potentially venomous, and encourage to move on. If it's a cobra or the like call your local snake-man (every village head knows how to find him).

Start here https://www.thailandsnakes.com/

I remember many moons ago, the dogs alerted me to a snake outside the home. I went through the door to see what they were barking at, and saw what appeared to be the tail end of a snake moving around the corner of the building. I pursued and as I turned the corner, this, what I later learned, to be a Cobra, turned and "stood-up" close to 60cm or more from the ground and "hissed", it frightened the crap out me.

I retreated hastily calling the dogs back too, and called my local snake man, who is the FIL smile.png He came and "dealt with it" as it refused point blank to be "encouraged" to go anywhere.

The snake was just over 2.5 metres long. The FIL , dispatched it, hung it for 2 days, then skinned it and ate it.sick.gif

In reality, if the dogs alert me to a snake, if the snake is in the grounds, its encouraged to go on its way elsewhere, usually by the dogs.

If it crosses the boundary line, onto the terraces or near the house, its dispatched immediately and without hesitation. In 10 years I think I have dispatched about 5, only that one required special attention by the FIL.

It's worth learning what the common snakes look like and which ones can be safely left alone to get on with its life (I did not say picked up and moved).

As above treat all as potentially venomous, and encourage to move on. If it's a cobra or the like call your local snake-man (every village head knows how to find him).

Start here https://www.thailandsnakes.com/

The problem with this Crossy as you see often in the forums people cant seem to agree what a picture of a specific snake is. Some of them look very similar from a distance and if your eyesight isn't great you really want to get that close to find out.......

Fortunately the only one I have personally dealt with after I was alerted by the dogs and I was eventually able to force it back over the wall with a barrage of water from a hosepipe. Afterwards I tried to look it up but still couldn't be sure.

Comments about go and get the local snake man.

In my situation that is impossible, i cannot get out the gate by myself, and as i was alone that day.

I did what i though and what turned out to be the correct thing to do.

i lived in outback oz i was bitten once my young son at time twice

one time at school playing

thank god the local hospital had anti venom painfull even the schock near kill you

whats the anti venom here mekong whisky

sorry to snake lovers my hoe will always be on hand

happy dreams of the one that sneaks into your bed

I remember many moons ago, the dogs alerted me to a snake outside the home. I went through the door to see what they were barking at, and saw what appeared to be the tail end of a snake moving around the corner of the building. I pursued and as I turned the corner, this, what I later learned, to be a Cobra, turned and "stood-up" close to 60cm or more from the ground and "hissed", it frightened the crap out me.

I retreated hastily calling the dogs back too, and called my local snake man, who is the FIL smile.png He came and "dealt with it" as it refused point blank to be "encouraged" to go anywhere.

The snake was just over 2.5 metres long. The FIL , dispatched it, hung it for 2 days, then skinned it and ate it.sick.gif

In reality, if the dogs alert me to a snake, if the snake is in the grounds, its encouraged to go on its way elsewhere, usually by the dogs.

If it crosses the boundary line, onto the terraces or near the house, its dispatched immediately and without hesitation. In 10 years I think I have dispatched about 5, only that one required special attention by the FIL.

cobras eat other snakes so you have just increased the snake population of your area

Comments about go and get the local snake man.

In my situation that is impossible, i cannot get out the gate by myself, and as i was alone that day.

I did what i though and what turned out to be the correct thing to do.

That`s right, why worry about it? Ignorance is bliss.