Met Office issues weather warning as storms set to hit Thailand this weekend

rooster59

Met Office issues weather warning as storms set to hit Thailand this weekend

Thaivisa Reporters

post-247607-0-53266400-1458952311_thumb.

Image: Thairath.co.th

BANGKOK:-- The Thai meteorological department has warned that thunderstorms, high winds and rain will hit ten provinces in the North, North East and East of the country this weekend until Monday.

They also expect a drop in temperature of between 3 to 5 degrees Celsius.

In the South of Thailand waves are expected to reach two metres as a high pressure system coming from China hits hot air masses in the Kingdom.

The provinces expected to be worst hit by storms are Nan, Payao, Amnat Charoen, Ubon, Sisaket, Surin, Buriram, Sa Kaew, Chantaburi and Trat.

The met warned the public to be careful and vigilant.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-26

17c last night. Went for a swim this morning, was warmer in the pool than out. Welcome change from the heat of the past few weeks. If I remember correctly it rained about this time last year?

keep us all up to date on Monday, from where in Thailand you live, could be interesting as to who is getting wet or not. and just how accurate these forecasts are, my belief is, that when i came here i brought the uk weather forecaster with me, he he.

Hopefully the rains will reach areas, where the drought in Thailand is at and where the moisture will get to the reservoirs and help to fill them up a bit. There is areas of drought in Thailand and it

would be nice to see these areas helped out a bit.

Good Luck to all

Geezer

Can anybody remember name of the wx site, when C.Vietnam had a typhoon that affected N.Thailand? It gave a very good running forecast of track of typhoons, cyclones etc? I had saved it before, but when my pc needed major surgery, unfortunately lost it. Hope some Wx oriented person can provide, thanks a lot...

You have to remember that we have a draught in effect, so a positive weather forecast is required, keeps people happy.

"..we have a draught in effect....."

I'd enjoy a good draught lager right now instead of that bottled liquid that they call beer, especially as drought conditions make one thirstier.wink.png .

JamesBrock #19

Thanks, looks worthwhile, however, the one I had before covered all of S.E.Asia, and in actual fact was anywhere global, think it had a slightly unusual name,

you could run through a simulation of the next 24-36 hrs for predicted forecasts.

Cheers though, yrs a good site

I

As a blood red moon is slowly rising in the east behind the hills of Cambodia, it is a cloudless, hot, sticky and humid night in Jomtien/Pattaya.

The breeze on Jomtien beach has a clammy feel on your skin.

The Tokays are calling into the darkness and Soi dogs are yapping and howling from afar.

A sense of foreboding rises up from every dark alley and seedy dens of eniquity.

Thai Visa waits for the bad news to arrive and it will....many more threads with carnage and bedlam on these streets will make their way through the ether that is the internet...

Beware the forecasters of doom, pestilence, plagues and storms....

But, the real forecast is all good, rose tinted and filled with good cheer.

The current Gov. would not have it any other way.....biggrin.png

As a blood red moon is slowly rising in the east behind the hills of Cambodia, it is a cloudless, hot, sticky and humid night in Jomtien/Pattaya.

The Tokays are calling into the darkness and Soi dogs are yapping and howling from afar.

A sense of foreboding rises up from every dark alley and seedy dens of eniquity.

Thai Visa waits for the bad news to arrive and it will....many more threads with carnage and bedlam on these streets will make their way through the ether that is the internet...

Beware the forecasters of doom, pestilence, plagues and storms....

But, the real forecast is all good, rose tinted and filled with good cheer.

The current Gov. would not have it any other way.....biggrin.png

"As a blood red moon is slowly rising in the east behind the hills of Cambodia, it is a cloudless, hot, sticky and humid night in Jomtien/Pattaya.

A sense of foreboding rises up from every dark alley and seedy dens of eniquity <sic>."

"Jack lights a cheap cigarette with a match, leans forward on the rickety bamboo bar eyeing the distracted mamasan, "Meh, check bin".

He steps into the fluorescent night, greeted by a gust of wind and the quickening beat of rain on hot tin rooves. He contemplates a sliver of night sky through the tattered canopy of the noodle cart umbrella blocking his path, cynically tosses his cigarette into the putrid sewer drain, "&lt;deleted&gt;' Thais, can't get anything right".