Approx how much to build a house like this in rural Korat

TSF

33 minutes ago, Mike West said:

LOL so what happened? did she build it? u still together? 

OK, nothing happened for a long time because I withdrew from the whole thing. Then after some time I raised the subject again with her and said she should have gone with the expat builder. So we contacted him again and he built her a nice little house that's fine for her needs. After it was finished I put an AC in the bedroom and bought her a fridge and a couple other things. And that was that. It's her house, it's smallish but modern and comfortable. 

Yes, we're still together, we're currently on holiday in Australia but returning to Thailand early Jan. We'll live in her house for a few weeks before moving down to Pattaya or HuaHin as I don't like the boonies much and prefer living in expat hubs.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Mike West said:

1 million? jeez, he could build that with 250,000 baht. 

You seem quite confident about the pricing and I guess its for a ready to move in build complete with basic services.

How much of the 250,000 Baht would be labour cost and profit for the constructor? Just a rough guess will do.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:23 PM, Fruit Trader said:

You seem quite confident about the pricing and I guess its for a ready to move in build complete with basic services.

How much of the 250,000 Baht would be labour cost and profit for the constructor? Just a rough guess will do.

Good point, many Thai get houses built very cheaply but when finished they have bare concrete floors and walls and very basic kitchens/bathrooms. 

Archived