Mystery surrounds death of man and woman washed up on beach in south Thailand

rooster59

Mystery surrounds death of man and woman washed up on beach in south Thailand

Thaivisa Reporters

post-247607-0-07463800-1459040360_thumb.

Image: DailyNews

NAKORN SRI THAMMARAT:-- Mystery surrounds the death of a man and a woman washed up on the beach at Kanom in Nakorn Sri Thammarat, reports Thaivisa News.

Police and medical personnel found the girl, aged about 25, first on Kanom beach, across from holiday isle Koh Samui in the south of Thailand.

The unidentified woman was wearing a short black skirt and a short sleeved striped shirt.

She had a "barcode" tattoo on the back of her neck and had been dead at least five days.

Shortly afterwards officials got call that another body had been found washed up further down the same beach.

This was a man who also looked to have been dead for five days or more.

Neither body had signs of any injury. Investigations are underway to discover the identity of the victims and why they died.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-27

Here's an idea.....why don't we all take a picture posing with the body. That should assist in the investigation.

Disgusting morons. bah.gif

The Thais aren't offended by it, dead bodies are all part of life and death; it's quite common for families to have pics of a dead relative lying in a coffin before cremation. I think your rude comment about the rescue workers is a sign of someone not being able to assimilate into the culture; enjoy your holiday, hope you're happier with your next destination.

Regards, LJ.

Is it standard procedure to group pose on photos with victims in Thailand or are these asses just making a group snuff picture?

I can't believe what I am seeing, humans are falling lower and lower in the scale of animal evolution...

Here's an idea.....why don't we all take a picture posing with the body. That should assist in the investigation.

The Thais aren't offended by it, dead bodies are all part of life and death; it's quite common for families to have pics of a dead relative lying in a coffin before cremation. I think your rude comment about the rescue workers is a sign of someone not being able to assimilate into the culture; enjoy your holiday, hope you're happier with your next destination.

Regards, LJ.

Maybe they should respect the deceased culture too? Just saying...

Regards, LJ.

C'mon bro be serious. It's unnecessary and has nothing to do with culture. The fact that it is the photo that made it to the news is embarrassing for them as well.

Regards, LJ.

I have been to Thai funerals and Yes, they take photos of the dead person as a reminder to them. To remind them of all the good times, to remind them about how special that person was to them in their lives, to remind them that he/she is going on to better and more peaceful things.

Now............ tell me the purpose of ambulance people posing with a corpse wrapped up in a blanket?

I used to live in khanom. I saw a couple of bodies wash up on that beach during my time. The sea is dangerous with fierce undercurrent at times, and typically there is an absence of red flags except at one beachside hotel. Jellyfish are also a threat at times. Idyllic beaches, otherwise. I used the hotel swimming pool, and despite being a strong swimmer never ventured out of my depth in the sea.

She had a "barcode" tattoo on the back of her neck ..well that should helpblink.png

I imagine it would indeed help with identifying the body by someone who knew her, along with her age and other descriptions, at least narrow it down.

May they both RIP and condolences to the families and loved ones......I pray they never come across some of the posts on here....maybe these same posters never had a loved one 'taken" from them in such tragic circumstances.....

Regards, LJ.

I have been to Thai funerals and Yes, they take photos of the dead person as a reminder to them. To remind them of all the good times, to remind them about how special that person was to them in their lives, to remind them that he/she is going on to better and more peaceful things.

Now............ tell me the purpose of ambulance people posing with a corpse wrapped up in a blanket?

I have been at quite a few funerals as well, but I was the only one who made some photos of the dead body.

I almost caused an explosion when I gave " Lung Hui", my wife's uncle his last and burning cigarette, not knowing that benzine was all over the body already.

Anyway, Lung Hui enjoyed his cigarette, was his last one.

Incredible !! Like it is some sort of prize they won....weirdos.

Regards, LJ.

C'mon bro be serious. It's unnecessary and has nothing to do with culture. The fact that it is the photo that made it to the news is embarrassing for them as well.

obviously if you see pics of dead bodies in the media day in & day out its an accepted part of the culture.

Regards, LJ.

Sorry LJ, but other than the fact that quietman described the first attenders as Disgusting Morons (a comment I wouldn't support), I can't agree with your sentiment at all...

Is death a part of life..? of course, we all end up in the same place. But traumatic death is something we surely hope to avoid when our time is up.

Is this a picture of a dead relative of those who are framed in the shot, lying peacefully in a coffin..? No it isn't, but this unfortunate lady is a daughter, perhaps a sister, auntie, maybe even a mother. Those relatives and her friends will see this posed 'trophy' photograph... a collection of people who thought it was a good idea, to capture this moment for their own selfish reasons, and they will be rightly disgusted by the sight, I know I would be. How would you feel if it was your daughter, centre frame, un-pixelated, and the focus of this photograph?

I'm sure this photo will be passed around to friends and relatives by those who are framed in the shot, so they can further recount the experience. Personally I feel that the victim and their families, deserve much more respect.

Thai's do have a different take on this kind of thing, I agree, but I also think it's something that should change here in Thailand. Allowing people to tramp all over crime or accident scenes, taking photos, contaminating, moving or removing evidence should stop. It's utterly unprofessional across the board. Treating the dead and their relatives (even if not present) with a modicum of respect in these types of situations, is something that all civilized societies and people should subscribe to... just my opinion.

I don't find that picture particularly disrespectful or offensive. At least they seem sad. We have seen worse, where the persons around are actually grinning or smiling.

btw, it would help to name at least some details such as race (western/asian), height/build, hair color/length. There could be people seriously worried right now about someone they cannot locate.

Regards, LJ.

No need for "rescue" workers - more like "salvage" workers as the bodies had been dead for 5 days. (And that is not meant to be an insult to anyone!) I think that the obsession is with Thai officials taking advantage of every opportunity to have their picture taken, and I agree with the poster.

Every arrest, for whatever crime, seems to be accompanied by a multitude of RTP standing behind the culprit, but recently there seems to be less "finger pointing". Maybe someone has realised how ridiculous it looks!

No mention of suspected nationality and I don't envy them the I.D job.

If they were tourists, there's been so many deaths lately eh.

R.I.P whoever they are. Someone must be missing them?

And no I'm not referring at all to photograph protocols whatever nationality they were.

She had a "barcode" tattoo on the back of her neck ..well that should helpblink.png

Yeah, that, the five temple lines, and a butterfly ought to be uniquely identifying for around a million girls in Thailand.

Glad to see someone who's actually counting them. I stopped at 599......

Regards, LJ.

No need for "rescue" workers - more like "salvage" workers as the bodies had been dead for 5 days. (And that is not meant to be an insult to anyone!) I think that the obsession is with Thai officials taking advantage of every opportunity to have their picture taken, and I agree with the poster.

Every arrest, for whatever crime, seems to be accompanied by a multitude of RTP standing behind the culprit, but recently there seems to be less "finger pointing". Maybe someone has realised how ridiculous it looks!

And some of them might later get killed because they stood next to somebody on their facebook page.....facepalm.gif

Archived