Windows 10 GodMode

Daffy D

This may be old news to some, but I just found out about it so thought to pass it on. wink.png

GodMode is a hidden folder that makes available a range of handy customizations for your PC. The best part is that it is easy to install and not complicated.

To enable the hidden feature for Windows 10, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Right-click on your desktop and make a new folder. For the folder's name, paste the string given below:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Do not forget to insert the period after "GodMode." You can also alter the name of the folder (even though the hack is called GodMode). To do so, simply alter the "GodMode" part of the string to the name you want.

Step 2: Once you have inserted the string, hit Enter and the icon will resemble the Control Panel.

Now when you open that folder, you can see around 40 different settings, including Devices and Printers, Credential Manager, Indexing, etc. Some variations exist depending if you have a Home or Pro version and different hardware.

post-35075-0-86955800-1459080797_thumb.j

smile.png

GodGood to read that some easter eggs are still there and unchanged.

Can not remember when I first stumbled upon it in Windows 7.

2010?

Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for the tip. As many I first heard of this "God mode" shortcut for Windows 7.

Well, after the fun of watching this trick work had died, I never actually used it. Too many things in there, too crowded, with a classification that's not natural to me.