What Happens after Death?

I read every day of another sad death and/or suicide in Thailand and it appears to be Thai's as well as foreigners - maybe it seems worse here because they are reported in the press more in Thailand whereas in other countries it is not out there unless it is someone famous.

It got me thinking on what happens to the condo/house when someone dies either inside or from the balcony - I am assuming that the Thai superstition may render the condo un-salable or un-rentable considering the availability of condos/houses for sale and rent.

Do the ghosts move in and stay when someone passes on?

no .... the assets are distributed according to the will as witnessed by the chosen executor.

Assuming there is a will, or that the deceased even has a next of kin to leave their possessions. I imagine there are many, many abandoned condos in Thailand after the owner has died.

What if its rented out - what are the chances of re letting the property?

I don't think there's any requirement to tell a prospective tenant that someone died in the condo, so not sure what you're getting at.

You know sometimes when you get sucked in by a title? I thought wow this could go one of two ways a thread full of the usual sarcasm and ridicule or it could bring out the great minds of TV and provide a probing and enlightening existential discussion of life, it's meaning and what potentially comes later. Then I realised it was about whether ghosts can move into condos.

What happens after death?

Nobody has ever come back to tell others, so i dont know.

Not true Colin.

You seem to be forgetting a guy called 'Jesus' are you not?

Do you have proof ?

I was once on a course where the dopey trainer was trying to break the ice with participants asking the usual sort of question that do the rounds. One was "who would you like to most meet and what would you ask?"

One guy said he'd like to meet Jesus, and ask him what really happened when you died?

The next person actually said he'd already met Jesus and resolved that question!

Delusional or chosen, who knows.

Maybe hotels and condos would be ok. But if your a farang you still cant own property so as a ghost you would have to move out. The visa issue after death is pretty unclear.

• 2 weeks later...

Not true Colin.

Do you have proof ?

I was once on a course where the dopey trainer was trying to break the ice with participants asking the usual sort of question that do the rounds. One was "who would you like to most meet and what would you ask?"

One guy said he'd like to meet Jesus, and ask him what really happened when you died?

The next person actually said he'd already met Jesus and resolved that question!

Delusional or chosen, who knows.

Who knows if the "guy" on the course had met Jesus, but many hundreds met Him, talked with Him and ate with Him after He arose.

Too many witnesses back then to deny this but its up to modern individual to believe or not.

Neverdie may have been reading John 3;16 and more, to be the believer he is.

Peace brother.

I finally thought that an existential question was being asked on this forum. Instead I find it's another question about what happens to your assets after you die. Both questions are the same & have the same answer.

You experience 10 seconds of extreme, extreme pain, exacerbated by the thoughts of all the stupid mistakes you've ever made & all thoughts of all the things you could have ever done; hopes & regrets.

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

Not true Colin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xbe-9X7PeEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xbe-9X7PeE

I am not an athiest, but did Jesus rise from the dead or walk on water?

Thai people do not generally like "second hand" things. So it is difficult to sell a used house/car/apartment. Land seems different. They don't like houses where someone has died or even where there have been domestic disputes.

Animism is everywhere. Why do you think huge tower blocks in BKK have Spirit Houses on the roof? All land has a guardian spirit which must be acknowledged and placated (while of course you trouser the profit) A death on the premises of course requires some serious refurbishing of the spirit of place or possibly feng shuei

Edited by laolover88

You go stiff and start to smell nearly as bad as someone on Khao San Road cheesy.gif

If you'd bothered to read the OP's post, you would see that he's talking about assets after you die, but don't let that stop you going for the cheap laughs.