More than 4,000 cars will be sold at the 37th Motor Show

webfact

More than 4,000 cars will be sold at the 37th Motor Show

mosho.jpg

BANGKOK, 28 March 2016 (NNT) - Many people over the weekend flocked to the 37th Bangkok International Motor Show to see new car models and innovations in the automotive industry.

Several new cars and clean technologies were showcased at the event. During the first six days of the exhibition, more than 4,500 vehicles were reserved for potential buyers.

The top three manufacturers with the highest numbers of reservations reported were Izuzu, Honda and Toyota. It is expected that 40,000 vehicles will have been reserved by the end of the event on April 3rd.

Organizers also anticipated that car buying will remain lively this year despite an increase in the excise tax the year before, as people showed more interest in eco-friendly vehicles.

The 37th Bangkok International Motor Show is located at IMPACT, Muang Thong Thani, Challenger Hall 1-3. The event will continue until Sunday.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-28 footer_n.gif

I assume the top brass at the Culture Ministry won't be buying anything at the show in protest at the lack of Thainess shown by some of the lovely ladies posing in front of the cars. In fact it would be a good idea if they kept the cars they already have and refuse any new ones until the motor industry put a stop the the unnecessary display of female flesh.

That'll shoiw them.

The finance companies will be having it off.anyone paying cash wants investigating.in the uk if you pay over £7500 cash at a auction has to be declared to mr vat.

We bought a new Honda Jazz about 3 years ago for around 750,000 baht. We drew the cash out at the bank so the wife's sister could see what that much money looked like. I quite enjoyed it myself actually. About 18 months ago in the UK I bought a second hand Prius for nearly £12,000. I told the salesman how I'd paid for the Jazz and he was shocked. He said if I tried that he'd have to call the police.

Thais are obsessed with cars,they drive around in a car that's worth 3-4 times the price of their homes.its like me driving a Bentley continental and living in a council flat.fur coat and no knickers as my mother used to say.

And they even can't afford a carport, i see many who cover it every day. Many even can't park it on their driveway in the moobaan since they live there with too many people.

My neighbour opposite me has a lovely big house that's in desperate need of a lick of paint.then it would look lovely.i mentioned it to her indoors and she said paint was expensive.i pointed out the it was nowhere near the price of the bmw 320,Toyota Vigo and spanking Honda Accord they've got parked up on their drive.

My neighbour opposite me has a lovely big house that's in desperate need of a lick of paint.then it would look lovely.i mentioned it to her indoors and she said paint was expensive.i pointed out the it was nowhere near the price of the bmw 320,Toyota Vigo and spanking Honda Accord they've got parked up on their drive.

I often drive through a street where Thai lawyer family's live ( i have access ). Huge mansions, 2-3-4 new german cars (the big ones) on the driveways, perfect mansions, Big houses for the maids they have it all. But the outside of the walls at the street still are as dirty as after the flooding, some even much worse then that.

Just a layer of paint and the whole mansion would look great but they won't do it for some reason. The cars are always clean and as new though.

My wife's boss has much land in Chiang mai but he always has to borrough the lawnmower from his secretary (who's my wifes best friend). She doesn't want him to use it all the time but she doesn't dare to say no. He also has big cars but no money for a lawnmower/gardener it seems. TIT.

But if you want to buy a new car right now you can go to any dealer and get the same deal as on the moto-expo. I bet many people buy it there and they just count them as being sold at the expo.

Who wants to buy a car there in very loud noise? Not me.

Thais are obsessed with cars,they drive around in a car that's worth 3-4 times the price of their homes.its like me driving a Bentley continental and living in a council flat.fur coat and no knickers as my mother used to say.

Fur coat, no knickers and a half bottle of gin in the pocket as mine used to say. biggrin.png

So in 6 days 4500 have been reserved and in the next 6 days 40.000 more will be sold. Now that is, "confident" to call it in a Thai way. biggrin.png

Try reading things before you post! There seems to be an inordinate number of dyslexic TVF posters. It clearly states that 40,000 will have been reserved by the end of the event and nowhere does it say "SOLD". Unless you believe the inevitable misleading headline!

Edited by Anon999

I often drive through a street where Thai lawyer family's live ( i have access ). Huge mansions, 2-3-4 new german cars (the big ones) on the driveways, perfect mansions, Big houses for the maids they have it all. But the outside of the walls at the street still are as dirty as after the flooding, some even much worse then that.

Just a layer of paint and the whole mansion would look great but they won't do it for some reason. The cars are always clean and as new though.

My wife's boss has much land in Chiang mai but he always has to borrough the lawnmower from his secretary (who's my wifes best friend). She doesn't want him to use it all the time but she doesn't dare to say no. He also has big cars but no money for a lawnmower/gardener it seems. TIT.

But if you want to buy a new car right now you can go to any dealer and get the same deal as on the moto-expo. I bet many people buy it there and they just count them as being sold at the expo.

Who wants to buy a car there in very loud noise? Not me.

Is that like an exclusive village where only lawyers live ?

• 4 weeks later...