Fish with pelvis built for walking discovered in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So there is a new breed of fish that maybe in a few hundred years will develop into having more than just find to crawl. Kind of proves the theory of evolution if you think about the theory where man originally crawled from the sea. It strikes me as funny though that a foreigner discovered and documented this fish instead of Thais.

Hilarious. In the same way that Columbus discovered and documented America. Funny how all those people living there all that time never noticed it.

So there is a new breed of fish that maybe in a few hundred years will develop into having more than just find to crawl. Kind of proves the theory of evolution if you think about the theory where man originally crawled from the sea. It strikes me as funny though that a foreigner discovered and documented this fish instead of Thais.

The Thais knew about it, but hen they ate it.

or voted them into parliament.

In an embarrassing move today, the New Jersey Institute of Technology have had to retract their claim to have discovered a fish with a rudimentary walking system, when it was discovered that the specimen was in fact ex foreign minister Surapong on holiday at a waterfall.

Strict Jewish belief dictates that the world is only 5000 years old.They believe in creation.And would argue against science when it unearths 30,000 year old Mammoth skeletons.Strict Jew's also insist that relics of chariots have been found on the bed of the Red Sea Why are there no Hyroglyphics depicting Moses and his fight against Rameses and his leading the slaves from Egypt? Science,by its very name supports evolution and that life was started in the sea's Millions of years ago.The Coelocanth(cant spell it) was to believed to have been the missing link.It was declared extinct,but years later,it was found that fishermen on some island somewhere was catching them on a daily basis.Even in,what was considered to be Modern day America,a teacher was accused if teaching his students witchcraft,because he was teaching them evolution as opposed to creation.This was a very famous case.and a very famous lawyer came to defend the teacher.The trial was called 'The Monkey trial' and i think it was in the late 40's or early 50's.I believe it may have been Clarence Darrow who was the defence lawyer.The movies was called 'Inherit the wind' This fish,could be a descendant of the first fish that had developing legs and lungs and crawled out of the sea.Science would give that more credence than any Adam And Eve Theory.We have to believe in Darwins theory and Galileo and all the other's who have fought against these fabled tales of Miracles and burning bushes,tales of the promised land.Beliefs that would control us and keep us in the dark ages.Science and the belief of continuing evolution.That is the future,not some boat built by Noah,taking on every kind of animal.Once,a thousand years ago,we were ignorant and we believed,now,we are are no longer ignorant.

Science is the future.

If there are any strict Jew's on Thai visa i would love to argue the scriptures with you on a message basis.I ask this because my mother was jewish and its been a long time since i have talked to such as yourselves.

P.S My wife and i had an interesting argument recently.She did not believe that Monkey's have menstrual cycles.

Thais will eat it to extinction now or already be trying to sell it worldwide

Doesn't proof anything in regards to "Evolution" - why has this fish not evolved fully then? Had a couple of millions of years time to do just that...

same could be said for "some" posters.............it has evolved to suit its environment............no such thing as fully evolved, continual process

Edited by kannot

Strict Jewish belief dictates that the world is only 5000 years old.They believe in creation.And would argue against science when it unearths 30,000 year old Mammoth skeletons.Strict Jew's also insist that relics of chariots have been found on the bed of the Red Sea Why are there no Hyroglyphics depicting Moses and his fight against Rameses and his leading the slaves from Egypt? Science,by its very name supports evolution and that life was started in the sea's Millions of years ago.The Coelocanth(cant spell it) was to believed to have been the missing link.It was declared extinct,but years later,it was found that fishermen on some island somewhere was catching them on a daily basis.Even in,what was considered to be Modern day America,a teacher was accused if teaching his students witchcraft,because he was teaching them evolution as opposed to creation.This was a very famous case.and a very famous lawyer came to defend the teacher.The trial was called 'The Monkey trial' and i think it was in the late 40's or early 50's.I believe it may have been Clarence Darrow who was the defence lawyer.The movies was called 'Inherit the wind' This fish,could be a descendant of the first fish that had developing legs and lungs and crawled out of the sea.Science would give that more credence than any Adam And Eve Theory.We have to believe in Darwins theory and Galileo and all the other's who have fought against these fabled tales of Miracles and burning bushes,tales of the promised land.Beliefs that would control us and keep us in the dark ages.Science and the belief of continuing evolution.That is the future,not some boat built by Noah,taking on every kind of animal.Once,a thousand years ago,we were ignorant and we believed,now,we are are no longer ignorant.

Science is the future.

If there are any strict Jew's on Thai visa i would love to argue the scriptures with you on a message basis.I ask this because my mother was jewish and its been a long time since i have talked to such as yourselves.

P.S My wife and i had an interesting argument recently.She did not believe that Monkey's have menstrual cycles.

The trial you mention was brought about because of christian fundamentalism, nothing to do with Judaism.

Interesting fact: they found this fish can actually walk faster than a student in a Thai mall.

Only because they have yet to learn how to use a mobile phone and they don't have a Facebook account. Give the fish some time for the Thais to teach them about this

Wow, good old TV, Thai bashing in the first few posts about a fish being discovered - never cease to disapoint

Your new here. Your views do not matter. remember that. The Thai Visa members will attack you if you disagree with their Thai bashing.

Please follow the rules of Thai Visa. " Bash the police, Taxi's, immigration, weather, food, religion, driving, traffic, police again, girl friends, suicide jumpers, color of cars, Ladyboys, roads, highways, insects, 7/11, Tesco, Big C, smoking allowed, smoking cannot, holidays, dirt, flowers, trees,

clouds, too sunny, too rainy. Please comment once per day on any of the above. Or you cannot stay in the club.

Missed beach chair vendors.

Kinda proves again that most religions are totally false. Science rules, it is strange though that many otherwise smart people still believe in religion. Would probably be a lot less trouble in the world if there was no religion (we would have other things to fight over but at least they were real)

So Adam&Eve were fishes and the garden of eden was the sea?

Strange though how many well known scientists,believed in creation,rather than evoloution.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html

No, Adam & Eve are fictional characters in a book, and the Garden of Eden was a fictional place in the same book.

Perhaps Adam and Eve were fish that grew legs and God came and placed them in a garden? Hehee

this is the missing link!!!! DAD!!!!!!

Deep in the ocean is a colony of humans that have gills!!! And on the moon there are flying cats!!!!

Listen, in 145,690 years there will be aliens landing in NYC

In 1,434,667 years we will be fighting crocodiles who learned how to shoot AK's

and snakes that fly!!!!

BLUESPUNK.

Read the post!i didn't say it was about Judaism,i said he was teaching what the town elders believed to be witchcraft,because he was teaching EVOLUTION not CREATION. Where did i mention Judaism.The members of the town elders wanted the kids to be taught that the bible was correct,as was the standard belief of most of the back water towns in America,whose people professed to being god fearing citizens, and not science.Watch the movie.Maybe you'll get an insight as to what it was about.Better than that.

Google 'The Monkey trial'

BLUESPUNK.

Read the post!i didn't say it was about Judaism,i said he was teaching what the town elders believed to be witchcraft,because he was teaching EVOLUTION not CREATION. Where did i mention Judaism.The members of the town elders wanted the kids to be taught that the bible was correct,as was the standard belief of most of the back water towns in America,whose people professed to being god fearing citizens, and not science.Watch the movie.Maybe you'll get an insight as to what it was about.Better than that.

My point was more in curiosity about your references to Judaism {at the start of your post and invitation to discuss scripture with those of that faith at the end}, and the BS they believe while not mentioning christian fundamentalism, who more or less believe the same thing.

I actually have read up on and studied the Scopes trial and I know what it was all about. I just found it odd you don't mention christian fundamentalism when referring to it, yet are happy to mention Judaism when criticing their beliefs.

Edited by Bluespunk

BLUESPUNK.

My point was more in curiosity about your references to Judaism {at the start of your post and invitation to discuss scripture with those of that faith at the end}, and the BS they believe while not mentioning christian fundamentalism, who more or less believe the same thing.

I actually have read up on and studied the Scopes trial and I know what it was all about. I just found it odd you don't mention christian fundamentalism when referring to it, yet are happy to mention Judaism when criticing their beliefs.

You do realize that is no difference between the Jewish account of creation and the Christian one. You criticize one you criticize both.

BLUESPUNK.

You do realize that is no difference between the Jewish account of creation and the Christian one. You criticize one you criticize both.

If there is no difference.. how can anyone ever believe anything because the 5000 year age of the planet and the dinosaurs ect are so easy to prove that it blows away the Jewish version. Only a version that explains the age of the earth and dinosaurs is slightly harder to disprove.

Disproving god is easy, as there is absolutely no prove at all, unlike the evolution theory. I have yet to see a single shred of proof for any religion. Evolution on the other hand has loads of proof, sure one can attack it a bit (and so it should that is science it needs to be attacked to get even more facts, contrary to religion where you get killed if you attack it)

BLUESPUNK.

If there is no difference.. how can anyone ever believe anything because the 5000 year age of the planet and the dinosaurs ect are so easy to prove that it blows away the Jewish version. Only a version that explains the age of the earth and dinosaurs is slightly harder to disprove.

Disproving god is easy, as there is absolutely no prove at all, unlike the evolution theory. I have yet to see a single shred of proof for any religion. Evolution on the other hand has loads of proof, sure one can attack it a bit (and so it should that is science it needs to be attacked to get even more facts, contrary to religion where you get killed if you attack it)

Science is physical, it can't measure or predict anything outside the physical realm. Just because you choose to believe there is nothing outside of the physical realm does not make it so.

Wow, good old TV, Thai bashing in the first few posts about a fish being discovered - never cease to disapoint

Some people just don't have a sense of humour, you must have a very sad, dull life, along with those that "like" you.

Kinda proves again that most religions are totally false. Science rules, it is strange though that many otherwise smart people still believe in religion. Would probably be a lot less trouble in the world if there was no religion (we would have other things to fight over but at least they were real)

Will take this one step further and opine that ALL religions are BS and declare all deities totally false and nonexistent. Evolution has not been in question for decades in the world if reality.

So Adam&Eve were fishes and the garden of eden was the sea?

Strange though how many well known scientists,believed in creation,rather than evoloution.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html

How about how many scientists accept evolution today? Well over 90% and other than Francis Collins, most of the rest who don't are QUACKS.

Also, Albert Einstein should not be included in your referenced web page. Here are 2 Einstein quotes to consider...

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

"The word 'God' is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can (for me) change this."

Science is physical, it can't measure or predict anything outside the physical realm. Just because you choose to believe there is nothing outside of the physical realm does not make it so.

science doesnt have all the answers unlike religion which claims it does.........some would say its at an evolutionary DEAD END..........where it belongs imo

Doesn't proof anything in regards to "Evolution" - why has this fish not evolved fully then? Had a couple of millions of years time to do just that...

same could be said for "some" posters.............it has evolved to suit its environment............no such thing as fully evolved, continual process
EXACTLY...and furthermore, just because these fish were recently discovered here, doesn't mean they are the only ones. There are mudskippers that can walk on land and a species called Mangrove Killifish that can climb trees! Evolution to the MAX!