Anyone can comment 3BB VDSL Internet?

gessi2000

UPDATE

3BB service degraded further for me.

Speedtests inside Thailand still show 33 down and 5 up, but international bandwidth has worsened to about 5 down and 1.5 up, measured now.

That was the last time I trusted 3BB's service, I'll get out of there ASAP.

Perhaps it is temporary?

Have you tried with a singapore vpn?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE

Speedtests inside Thailand still show 33 down and 5 up, but international bandwidth has worsened to about 5 down and 1.5 up, measured now.

Has anyone tried Vdsl, not like the performance, and then gone back to Adsl?

The cheap Adsl modem is 100 baht (one ethernet port, no wifi--use a separate router) and the 2nd cheapest is 590 with a weak wifi adapter. Both with 1 year warranty. But you can just use your old Adsl modem if it still works.

The Adsl here is not broken.... I'm in no hurry to 'fix it'.

Edited by 4evermaat

UPDATE

The cheap Adsl modem is 100 baht (one ethernet port, no wifi--use a separate router) and the 2nd cheapest is 590 with a weak wifi adapter. Both with 1 year warranty. But you can just use your old Adsl modem if it still works.

if you read my earlier posts, I tried to get back my old ADSL plan as soon as I discovered the problem with the "faster" plans - but 3BB wouldn't let me. The new ADSL plans have the same problems as the new VDSL plans,

Edited by manarak

UPDATE

There's or was a better modem,which I bought for I think 1000B,150m range,I'm moving and signed up for 3BB'S VDSL 50/10.

1500B deposit,hope I haven't made a mistake. I was getting 17/1.7 to Bangkok and 7/1 to London via a VPN(Hotspot Shield),which was fine for downloading and most streaming was reasonable,I'll find out next week when they connect me.

They did check the speed and the office,but trying to get an answer about international traffic speed drew blanks

UPDATE

There's or was a better modem,which I bought for I think 1000B,150m range,I'm moving and signed up for 3BB'S VDSL 50/10.

1500B deposit,hope I haven't made a mistake. I was getting 17/1.7 to Bangkok and 7/1 to London via a VPN(Hotspot Shield),which was fine for downloading and most streaming was reasonable,I'll find out next week when they connect me.

They did check the speed and the office,but trying to get an answer about international traffic speed drew blanks

it's not VDSL or ADSL...

it's 3BB's plans. they reduced international bandwidth for the new plans, I advise anyone with an old plan to keep it and not to upgrade to new plans.

regarding the modem, I gave them back their Huawei crap and have a ASUS RT-AC68U. the bad speed is certainly not due to poor modem performance.

Ah,bugger. But I may have a way out,still got the old ADSL running at the Outlaws. If the VDSL is that bad,I might(just might)be able to transfer my ADSL to my new place. Thought I was upgrading,not shooting myself in the foot. TIT

I'll report back later this week or cry into my beer.

Edited by MAZ3

Tested on my 18/1 3BB ADSL package for which I pay just under 11,000B/year in advance, which includes an 8% discount. This is an "old" plan. I get free nationwide access to their wifi also.

Caveat 1: 192kbs overhead for internet radio which I didnt turn off.

Caveat 2: this was at 10am. At 10pm the speeds outside of Thailand would all be around 5mbs rather than 15. This seems to be due to a combination of throttling and contention.

5379761161.png

5379764077.png

5379765542.png

Edited by KittenKong

UPDATE

it's not VDSL or ADSL...

it's 3BB's plans. they reduced international bandwidth for the new plans, I advise anyone with an old plan to keep it and not to upgrade to new plans.

regarding the modem, I gave them back their Huawei crap and have a ASUS RT-AC68U. the bad speed is certainly not due to poor modem performance.

I don't believe this anymore. Nothing has changed. They tell us this bs only to collect the higher prices. That's all.

it's quite unbelievable that no one has any 3BB VDSL test results to post... they are currently pushing a 50/10 VDSL package for just 700 baht a month !!!

Most people who want/need Internet are already in a 12 month contract.... I would guess even if the speed is good now, it will be greatly reduced after a couple of months of advertising....

They extend the contract if you change to a cheaper package. rolleyes.gif

it's quite unbelievable that no one has any 3BB VDSL test results to post... they are currently pushing a 50/10 VDSL package for just 700 baht a month !!!

Most people who want/need Internet are already in a 12 month contract.... I would guess even if the speed is good now, it will be greatly reduced after a couple of months of advertising....

If everyone currently on 10/1 gets 50/10 or 100/10 for the same price, do you think that's a sustainable business model or a sales marketing ploy?

I would bet on the latter.... Anything else would mean vastly upgrading the infrastructure and that's expensive....

If everyone currently on 10/1 gets 50/10 or 100/10 for the same price, do you think that's a sustainable business model or a sales marketing ploy?

I would bet on the latter.... Anything else would mean vastly upgrading the infrastructure and that's expensive....

they currently are massively upgrading the infrastructure, that's a fact.

another fact is that the new 50/10 plans have less international bandwith than the old 10/1 plans

Is there a source available? I can't believe that they reduce intl. bandwidth. Too many local and foreigner business and individuals need a reliable intl. bandwidth. I did upgrade to a cheaper plan but higher speed. I can't complain. Upload speed is what i pay for, download speed slightly below, becuae of the poor wiring in my condo building.

Now, i consider this low bandwidth for intl. connections on newer packages as a myth. Even 3bb told me the same. But they don't know what they saying. They have no clue. I really would like to talk with a skilled 3bb responsible.

Is there a source available? I can't believe that they reduce intl. bandwidth. Too many local and foreigner business and individuals need a reliable intl. bandwidth. I did upgrade to a cheaper plan but higher speed. I can't complain. Upload speed is what i pay for, download speed slightly below, becuae of the poor wiring in my condo building.

Now, i consider this low bandwidth for intl. connections on newer packages as a myth. Even 3bb told me the same. But they don't know what they saying. They have no clue. I really would like to talk with a skilled 3bb responsible.

I have thoroughly tested the issue personally.

check out this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906623-anyone-can-comment-3bb-vdsl-internet/#entry10595029

at the time both plans were active, so I just had to change login credentials for my modem to switch between new and old plans. the tests were consistent and leave no possible doubt.

the old plans use a different routing than the new ones.

Edited by manarak

I only can say, my intl. speed has improved with the new plan. But after a technician came to my condo and did some settings on their 3bb server. Since that, it's fine. That's already 2 months a go. May be it depends also on, where you are located, how fare from the next 3bb box and so on.

check out this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906623-anyone-can-comment-3bb-vdsl-internet/#entry10595029

at the time both plans were active, so I just had to change login credentials for my modem to switch between new and old plans. the tests were consistent and leave no possible doubt.

This shows nothing about routing. You get same ping, so I guess it goes via same route (jastel france node --> switzerland)

Only difference is single connection bandwidth (which will be maxed if you were downloading in 5-10 connections)

check out this post:

This shows nothing about routing. You get same ping, so I guess it goes via same route (jastel france node --> switzerland)

Only difference is single connection bandwidth (which will be maxed if you were downloading in 5-10 connections)

I don't mean that end of the route, I mean the exit point from Thailand.

The nearly same ping is quite meaningless. One connection is labeled TT&T and the other is 3BB, the miles are also different, this suggests different routing in Thailand, the exit point from 3BB/TT&T network is different, and these networks do not have the same international bandwidth allocated.

Edited by manarak

Just had my VDSL 50/10 installed,currently getting 40/10 locally and 7/1 internationally. The international is the UK and the same speed as my old ADSL 10/1(was upgraded to 18/1.8),I was hoping for more international speed,but at least it's not got worse.

Just moved,not had time to call 3BB and ask them if anything can be improved.

check out this post:

The nearly same ping is quite meaningless. One connection is labeled TT&T and the other is 3BB, the miles are also different, this suggests different routing in Thailand, the exit point from 3BB/TT&T network is different, and these networks do not have the same international bandwidth allocated.

That is nonsense. You got all these information from speedtest.net website? Wow!

They look isp name from your ip address. There is no second exit node in any thai isp. All of them has one IIG location. They do not set up multiple iig gateways in different cities.

Your only problem is, they probably changed retention rate from 1:20 share ratio to 1:50

check out this post:

That is nonsense. You got all these information from speedtest.net website? Wow!

They look isp name from your ip address. There is no second exit node in any thai isp. All of them has one IIG location. They do not set up multiple iig gateways in different cities.

Your only problem is, they probably changed retention rate from 1:20 share ratio to 1:50

maybe read my post again - I wasn't suggesting the connections used a different IIG.

check out this post:

You said earlier in this conversation that they were the same company etc.. why not just cancel your existing and get a new connection that says 3BB.. The fiber is excellent!

Amazing!

Amazing as in good? or amazing how speedtest distorts the results? This is a screen snip of a torrent download, very happy with the speed.

post-195835-0-94336400-1465301301_thumb.

Amazing!

Amazing as in good? or amazing how speedtest distorts the results? This is a screen snip of a torrent download, very happy with the speed.

As in positive manner.

Amazing!

I'm sure you know this, but just to point out that the torrent speed in your screenshot of 5.3MB/s is equivalent to about 37Mb/s which is the scale that the speedtest site uses.

MB/s x 7 = Mb/s

I have 3bb fibre also and it's excellent.

Edited by trd

Amazing!

I'm sure you know this, but just to point out that the torrent speed in your screenshot of 5.3MB/s is equivalent to about 37Mb/s which is the scale that the speedtest site uses.

MB/s x 7 = Mb/s

I have 3bb fibre also and it's excellent.

Torrent can be throttled by ISPs very very easily. Also, it doesn't mean you will max out your line when you download a torrent, especially if you are using wireless 2.4ghz connection (multiple connections via wifi degrades connection quality).

Some torrents (fresh ones) has more seeders and some others not. I recommend getting a cheap vps / seedbox in europe (because everybody in Europe loves torrent lol) and download directly from your seedbox / vps (via http) if you're into downloading stuff a lot.